What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey guys heres just the story of my run-in with jermiah harris
As many of you know i sent him my collection so they wouldn't die during the move, i sent him:
1 S. Oreo x (flava x purpurea)
3 S. Rubra gulfs from crestview fl site
1 s. purp
2 N. Mirandas
1 S. Sanguenia
2 N. Ventrocosa "red"
and maybe a few dew1 D. Hartmeyerorum
and maybe some dews and stuff
here is what i got back
2 S. Rubra gulfs (i gave him one)
1 S. Oreo x (flav x purp)
2 S. Psittacinas
2 S.Flava x purpureas
1 S. Flava
1 S. Purp
1 S. Minor
1 VFT Jaws x red ragon
1 N. Sanguenia
2 N. Ventocosa "reds"
1 H. Heterodoxa x nutans
1 D. Californica (cobra lily, sp?)
1 pot of more than 50 U. Lividas
1 pot of more than 30 U. Dichatomas
1 D. Peltata
1 D. filiformis
1 D. aliciae
2 huge d. capensis'
1 D. Hartmeyerorum
2 P. Agnata x cavdata

Thats cool,I think I'll move there next week!J/K
smile_n_32.gif

I have never meet Jeremiah,but he seems to be a very nice person.I wish it was'nt so far to drive,I would like to see his greenhouse.If I'm ever in his neck of the woods,I''l be sure and pay him a visit.But it's a long distance from Georgia to Colorado.

Jerry

Jeremiah is the man. I've traded a couple times with him, and he always comes through big. He's a CP pro!

Capslock

I was supposed to visit him but, I couldn't get the time off work. I have alot of family in the Springs and visit several times a year. I was gonna go out 2 weeks ago but we were swamped at work and they couldn't afford to let me go. I WILL visit his greenhouse. I am not looking to get plants, I just don't often have the chance to see nice home GHs especially with such plants as his.
BTW Kirk visit RedRock Gardens, it isn't CP but a very cool natural Gh. Only a few of their plants are in pots, the rest just grow wild (so to speak) in and on whatever is there. It is a retail GH that is very unconventional.

Joe

I just realised Kirkscoastalcarnivores aren't very coastal anymore.

Hers some pics:
374Picture_081-thumb.jpg

an S. Leuco
374Picture_083-thumb.jpg

AN S. purpurea
374Picture_084-thumb.jpg

his greenhouse
374Picture_085-thumb.jpg

some nep seedlings
374Picture_086-thumb.jpg

more pics of the greenhouse
374Picture_087-thumb.jpg

a heliamphora
374Picture_088-thumb.jpg

a nepenthes in the greenhouse

of the plants he gave me:
374Picture_089-thumb.jpg

an S. Purpurea
374Picture_090-thumb.jpg

S. Minor
374Picture_091-thumb.jpg

again
374Picture_092-thumb.jpg

an U. livida
374Picture_093-thumb.jpg

an utric flower
374Picture_094-thumb.jpg

an. U. Dichatoma
374Picture_096-thumb.jpg

a ping agnata x carvata or something
374Picture_100-thumb.jpg

an S. Flava and D. Capensis
374Picture_102-thumb.jpg

a heliamphora heterodoxa x nutans
374Picture_103-thumb.jpg

a s. psittacina

Does the S.minor have location data?If it's from Long Co,Ga. It's one I traded him.

Jerry

Im not sure, he just picked a big one up asked me if i had one, and took a cutting not sure though

Ask him about it.If it is the Long Co.Ga. S.minor please keep the location data with it!

Jerry

okay i'll ask him, it doesn't look very typical, but i dont think that has anything to do with location

some of the cool plants he showed me were devils claw which was cool because you could see the little fruit flies, a drosophyllum, that he germinated which was big and cool, and a ceph

It must have been neat to see all those plants!

Jerry

Hello

thanks guys, anyone is more then welcome to stop by and take a look at my plants.

About the S. minor it is not the one from Long Co.Ga just one I got a garden center a few years ago. I think is was a Red Rock Gardens with is just down the street from me.

cool85k5 just to let you know the S. minor Long Co.Ga is growing and doing well.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I'm glad to hear that Jeremiah.I was hoping you didnt give it away.I just wanted Kirk to keep the info on the plant if it was.

Jerry

Back