What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unofficial poll

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Unofficial poll - Are you a cat person, dog person

• Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat

• Reptile

• Other

• Neither

• Total voters

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'm starting this poll for Jimscott:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Are you a cat person, dog person, neither or both? My wife locked us all into being cat people / cat family. I never had either as a pet when growing up and am allergic to cats. However, my allergies have been mysteriously going away over the past 7 years and animal dander isn't the issue it once was.

I wanted make two choices. Dog and Reptile so I just chose dog.

Voted for dog.
They are just perfect to be pets.
Furry, loyal, save to stroke and they are just dumb enough to be cute.

Dogs(/wolves) also adapted to live with humans themselves. Lizards, however, did not so I usually am against keeping pets in a little 'cage'. I Adore gecko’s though!
smile_n_32.gif

reptiles all the way baby! i like some "risk" with my pets!

I voted reptile I realy like them I only have an amphibian Hyla versicolor but I want A Bo constrictor ssp. constrictor:)

I'm a dog person however I also love my ferrets, and my ball python, and my firebellied toad, rats, and koi. However I am most deifnately not a cat person

Thanks, Ozzy! Technically, I am a tropical fish person that kind of had the cats come with the territory, via my wife.

I love reptiles, don't get me wrong and I have nothing against cats, but if I had to choose one and only one, it has to be a dog.

I like dogs because they are great for hunting and a great companion. I like cats because they are independent and cute. I like reptiles because they are cool. I own zero of these because I am to busy and a real pain finding someone to take care of them.

My choice is a dog.  A doberman to be specific..but my home is overun by geckos inside, no ants or bugs here, and Iguanas have taken over outside.  The neighborhood cats no longer take a short cut through my back yard and the meter reader complained about the "big lizards" that sun themselves just inside the back gate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phyrex @ Aug. 30 2004,12:39)]Voted for dog.
They are just perfect to be pets.
Furry, loyal, save to stroke and they are just dumb enough to be cute.
HAHAHHAHHAHAHA, that is so true. Couldn't of said it better myself!

voted for dog, but I want to get a snake.

I love all animals. How could you possibly have a FAVORITE? Theres so many of them. They're all my favorite
smile.gif

I like dogs, cats, rats, ferrets, fish, reptiles and arthropods.
I have 2 cats, a scorpion, and a coral reef tank. I would like to have a jack russel terrier, but don''t have the room.

Cats and reptiles... which is weird, because I grew up around dogs and never had reptiles until I was 10. But my mom used to have a snake and now has a bearded dragon, so maybe I get it from her. I only really lived around one cat, the black cat named Zeppelin my mom took in as a kitten. And yes, named after Led Zeppelin. He lived to be about 18 and died from an alleged heart attack a couple years ago. I dunno, I just never got into the whole dog thing... I have nothing against dogs, and I like them, but I'm just nothing like my grandmother, who clucks over every dog she sees except pit bulls (she has this preconceived notion that they're bad) and is just totally and completely obsessed with dogs. I like cats, I always have. They're alot like me.. reclusive and pissy. As for reptiles, I had anoles for a long time around age 10, then they got Metabolic Bone Disease because I didn't know I had to change the UV bulb every 4-6 months, and I released them (I caught all of them in the first place), and then around that time I got a leopard gecko, as most of you know, and I've had him for almost 5 years. I also have fish, but I wouldn't call myself a "fish person", because I tend to be lazy and not-that-devoted. But I maintain the stuff. Hey, and I named my red-tailed shark Frylock. Shout out to ATHF fans!

Dogs for me, I'd like cats more but I am badly allergic to them.

I voted for dogs
Cats are kinda of pointless. You could buy a sweater, toss it on your sofa and stuff money into it and it would be the same as haveing a cat.

Back