What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There's something missing...

IT's been a while now and I *still* haven't managed to find inspired names for my plants!
I've been thinking about stuff like "destructator" or "jaws", "forked horror"... you know.

Help! Those poor CP cannot remain un-named!
The unfortunates are :
2 flytraps : 1 typical, 1 red dragon
3 sundews : 1 Capensis, 1 Binata, 1 Intermedia
1 Pinguicula Primuliflora

Help them feel at home! I think their classmates at school are laughing at them!

I dont see the pint in giving plants a name.
confused.gif

hmm
trevor the trapper
ravernous red
cape killer
beefy binata
inte
prety prim
lol

Ya gotta name one Steve or Brutus.

I understand for Brutus...but why Steve?

The real question is, why not Steve?

I dunno, I just always like the name Steve.

Again,why not name you plant?

What is the point?The more plants you get,the more name to come up with.If it's that hard to name 6 plants,what are you going to do if you have a 100 or so?To each their own.If you want to name them,more power to you.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sszvein @ Aug. 31 2004,12:42)]IT's been a while now and I *still* haven't managed to find inspired names for my plants!  
I've been thinking about stuff like "destructator" or "jaws", "forked horror"... you know.

Help!  Those poor CP cannot remain un-named!
The unfortunates are :
2 flytraps : 1 typical, 1 red dragon
3 sundews : 1 Capensis, 1 Binata, 1 Intermedia
1 Pinguicula Primuliflora

Help them feel at home!  I think their classmates at school are laughing at them!
Sundews: Larry, Daryl, and Darrell
VFT's: Ghengis & Kublai
P, primuiflora: Medusa

Hey, I named my first VFT Rachel, after my darling daughter. now there are 5 Ravhels from the one plant!
smile_m_32.gif

hehehe Grim- I had a nice blue betta I named Steve and everyone thought it was a dumb name but me (and you, too, I guess)

I named one of my Neps (which still remains a "mystery plant; the first pitcher is maybe 2 weeks away
smile.gif
) Ganymede, like Zeus' cupbearer
My current Betta, in his pothos kingdom, is named "Omicron"
greek names are good irony, and they're fun to say....

But it is fun to try to come up with innappropriate names for stuff, sometimes I try to think of the worst name one could come up with for a dog, like Gary (although if I had a dog I would call it "Action" so I would be able to yell that word outside from time to time)

Back