What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A date

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 31 2004,7:55)]i dont see the big deal at all. you still have the same digit, and it's only 8 years. your not a creepy old man or anything lol.
Thank you saying I am not a creepy old man.
smile_l_32.gif
lol

That is great Aaron. Communication is sooooo key in any relationship. It really does not sound bad as you get up in age. I think is more of a shock issue at first but when you hear others you know it just comes down to you and your mate in thee end.
smile.gif

Who would of thought a cp forum is great for dating issues.

so... how nervous are you?
smile_m_32.gif

I know I'D be terrified!!!!

lmao, your welcome

lmao

First dates really stink...because you sweat and you ask questions about each other most the time. Which is not bad but hard to act normal. Yes, I am nervous...

I think age differences aren't generally a big deal, especially just 8 yrs. I was with someone 6 years older. Not a huge age difference but it was the largest age difference for me. I think an age difference like 20 years CAN make a difference but not necessarily.

I think you will be fine.
smile.gif
Go for it! I hope it works out for you. Like everyone says, what matters is that you enjoy one another, respect one another, have some common interests and can communicate well. And lots of laughing!
biggrin.gif

Good luck!

Basically if you love each other, age becomes an insignificant issue.

Travis, I wouldn't worry about it too much, my Mom and Dad have been married 50 years and he is 10 years older than she. My wife is 7.5 years younger than I and we've been married for 27 years so I think compatibality is a greater consideration than age difference.

Good Luck!

Alan

That age difference works in your favor, down the road. Man if I were 28 and had a 20 year old date / girlfriend / wife, I'd be ecstatic. According to what they say, you'll both be "peaking" at about the same time. You're as young a you feel. be like me and ignore chronology altogether. Claim you're 28 for the next several decades. Make sure you do a lot of daily walking in the meantime.

Hehehe what Jimscott said....
I'm 31 and my "wife" (and the quotes are 'cos we're common-law and planning to finally tie the knot next spring) is 23... when we first met she was 15 and I was 23, as she was dating the brother of a buddy of mine... we didn't even get along at first, but somehow over the course of a few years we became friends and eventually fell for each other (and yes she was "old enough", I didn't even think about her until she turned 18, it's a long story but our being together was almost all her idea, I just agreed with her when it came up)

Now I'm blessed with a gorgeous companion who is wise beyond her years, and neither of us ever come up against anything that would make the 8 year difference matter at all, if anything most people think I'm the young one 'cos I'm an outright goofy guy and she is serene, beautiful and reserved... hehehe...... if I posted transcripts from our life without explanation many of them would sound like a mother dealing with a naughty kid
smile.gif

So don't even think about age in affairs of the heart (unless there's legal issues with the age,as others have said)

Good luck on the date, Bro, and concentrate on "you" and "her" and not "20" and "28"
biggrin.gif

\m/

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] if I posted transcripts from our life without explanation many of them would sound like a mother dealing with a naughty kid

LOL. Don't they say that women are generally more mature than men the same age?

I won't grow up, I won't grow up. I don't wanna go to school....

Dave, not to worry----you haven't grown up!! My lady is 3 years older, doesn't care about that, and is still here after 30 years. She says she still likes me too. Go figure!

from an episode of Friends..
Ross is considering dating one of the college students in the class he is teaching:

Joey: Oh, well think of it like this, when you're 90....

Ross: I know, when I'm 90 she'll be like 80 and it won't seem like such a big difference.

Joey: No, that's not what I was going to say at all!
No, what I was going to say is when you're 90 you'll still have the memory of what it was like to be with a 20-year-old.

smile_m_32.gif

I just want to thank everyone..so Thank you...It is now only time now.

My wife is almost 11 years younger than me. When we started dating we were both concerned about it but it never has been an issue.

Give it a try you may find the love of yor life.

Glenn

Well, it will most likely happen next Satuarday unless something comes up *which I doubt*. This weekend I will be camping at Lake Michigan.

Let us know how it goes. Good or bad. Good luck and don't worry about the age thing. Just have fun and be yourself.

Back