What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My tiny collection

adelea is a wierd one. i have one that is surviving next to my capensis "typical" and "albino" and my nidiformis all of which are doing wonderfully. adelea is just plain wierd...................

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I hope you know that one plant that is labeled "cobra lily" is NOT. I don't know why that company continues to sell that sarra hybrid as a cobra lily.

Oh I know....it's a S. wrigleyana. It really gets me how they mislabel the plants. All the sarrs except the alata were labeled "cobra lily". I'm glad none of them are cobra lilies, I would never be able to keep them alive here if they were.

PlantAKiss, you SURE pay attention to detail!!! LOL!
and my plant collection is supposed to grow in a little while... I still haven't gotten anything in the mail
smile_h_32.gif
I look and look and do I find anything? no
smile_h_32.gif
I should be getting SOMETHING tomorrow...

DSC01564.JPG

And thanks to the wonderful donation by mcrwt644, my collection has DOUBLED!  Thanks so much Bob for your generosity!

Also, here is my terrarium/grow chamber/whatever that I am building! Enjoy

Terrarium2.jpg

Terrarium1.jpg

Made out of scrap oak tongue and grove flooring,. Found use for it! Still not done obviously, as there is no glass on the front. One step at a time!

Heheh...I think I can take the prize for the smallest "collection" but 2 species so far(though I had a D. adelae which died back, tried again, and failed).

that terrarium-to-be looks cool! I wish I had one :p I have a bunch of plastic containers that serve well for terrariums but I wish I had a more formal one.
now my collection is growing too! thanks to all the forumers that have traded/given me stuff
biggrin.gif

Got it done... couldn't get a good picture of it do to the location it is at right now. Someday, I'll have a good spot for the terrarium and get good wide angles of it. Enjoy.

Terrarium3.JPG

Terrarium5.JPG

Looks snazzy. You need a nep in there!

Just started collecting. Plenty of growing room in there though
smile.gif

most of the stuff, if not all, doesn't need a terrarium. some of it may need it come winter time though.

yeah...but you can grow yours outside. I have tried and it failed. With tree rats, birds, low humidity, and not enough light I am screwed. I suppose you do not want to hear me whine. If I was at my grandma's she would at least give me wine and cheese!
confused.gif
Then I would have a buzz, be fat, and happy!
smile.gif

That is a good start. Where do you live?

wine is fun. and nothing beats a good brie!

auctually i like in Georgia. i guess i have luck since alot of cp's are native to my area anyway lol. still though, most of the stuff doens't need an extreme level of RH like most people think. i can understand pests though lol.

who says you have to grow them outside? you could grow them by a sunny windowsill or something.

he's right, but a sunny window isn't anything compared to the sun
cool.gif

Well, it appears my plants are enjoying the terrarium. I have a lot of little VFTs coming up, plantlets coming off my adelae and I have a binata leaf just sprouted and showing the beautiful V tongue.
smile.gif

They have been in there a week and only seem to be progressing. Many of the plants I had recently received are appearing to come out of shock as they are filled with dew adn new leaves are springing up. I didn't think my VFT would be growing this late in the year. Apparently, it just likes its new home.

It is running at 78.6F when it is on and cools down to about 68 at night. The humidity hovers around the 70 mark. I am just using some Warm White flourescents and some Plant/Aquarium bulbs I got at walmart. Seems to be working out alright for me. The PA bulbs I got because it was rating like 90 for the sun thing <I am newbie to this> and the Warm Whites had a color of 6500. So I figured mixing them might not be such a bad idea.

I decided against putting a fan in there to cycle air because well, temps and humidity are great. The top is opened so air can cycle so i saw no reason to do it.

And looking at my plants in their new home is just so much cooler too ;) they look perkier and looks like they are trying to grow up closer to the lights. Seem to be growing out taller. Yay!

Edit

Also was wondering... my new VFTs that are coming up... some of them have a red mouth with green teeth and 'lips'... that good?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also was wondering... my new VFTs that are coming up... some of them have a red mouth with green teeth and 'lips'... that good?
Sounds like healthy typical VFT seedlings to me Krom.

Back