Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lfs questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tony. I have never had LFS mold even when moist in a bag. Sounds like Hoo Doo to me. Vinegar? Well, it takes all kinds to make a world, LOL.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well what do the lfs companies know? :P

Most places treat their lfs before sending em out (heat them) and peat, too... to prevent that one disease found in lfs and peat [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 05 2004,7:20)]Most places treat their lfs before sending em out (heat them) and peat, too...
    uh ... no they don't.

This is off of Peatmoss.com
    "What is Sportrichosis and does it come from Sphagnum peat moss or Sphagnum moss?

You may have read about a fungal disease call Cutaneous Sporotrichosis, a chronic infection identified by skin lesions. The fungus which causes this disease has been found in several kinds of organic material and, because in extremely rare cases this disease can cause death, gardeners are rightfully concerned about protecting themselves from contracting it. Unfortunately, however, some of the information circulating about how gardeners can contract this disease has been inaccurate. It confuses two separate products; one of which is known to carry the fungus and one of which does not.

One of the materials know to carry the sporotrichosis fungus is sphagnum moss. This product is frequently being confused with sphagnum peat moss, a soil conditioner used by gardeners. The difference is an important one. While there have been cases of sporotrichosis resulting from handling sphagnum moss, There have been no cases as a result of handling sphagnum peat moss. Sphagnum moss and sphagnum peat moss are not the same product, as many avid gardeners know."

I left the typo in the first spelling of the disease (it's missing an o)
    By the way this disease was long known before it popped up in Sphagnum from rose growers that are often smalling themselves. The fungus responsible grows on all sorts of vegetative matter and only becomes a problem if you cut yourself/small the skin and get some spores in the wound.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doh.. stupid filter..

rose growers that are often p ricking their finger

cut/p rick your finger

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry! Hmm.. might want to remove that one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12