User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Escapees! every one of my birds loose!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least they were all in the house.. o_O
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear they are all A ok [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] (Hope that female with the crushed legs heals)

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Spec...you need to read a little closer. That was "crushed EGGS"...not crushed legs. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Finch...go to any pet store that sells birds and ask for an AVIARY net. The mesh netting is very fine...almost solid but not like cloth. It keeps their feet and claws from poking through and hurting them. Fish or butterfly nets won't do...net mesh too open! They aren't very expensive. I've used mine quite successfully to capture birds that sometimes get into my house and fireplace through the chimney.

They are well worth the small investment.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, nevermind, PAK beat me to the "crushed legs" comment

-though it was confusing, since finch mention that the birdie slipped...
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a Giant African Millipede escape for 2 months, A giant Madagasgar (sp?) Roach for a day, And a leopard gecko for a month. The millipede was hibernating IN a couch [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks PAK. Do these aviary nets have soft rims? These things are extreemly fast, and if i brought the net down and if the bird flew under the rim while i was doing it, i would not have enough time to react- and the rim may strike the bird, seriously injiring it. Thats why i woluld need a soft, pliable rim. So far i have not been able to find such a net.

the female who got stuck looks like the white bird in this picture, incase... you were wondering what it looked like. She is a Recessive Silver Zebra Finch, and the prize of my flock. Its quite uncommon. Im trying to breed her, but no luck so far.

photo by Myra
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]LOL Spec...you need to read a little closer. That was "crushed EGGS"...not crushed legs.
    LOL!!! I also thought it said "legs"!!!!
    I can relate too! I have two lovebirds (my pic altavar... the "blue" one is Caribe and the "green" one is Mango...I didn't name them) but they're tame (that they don't do what we want is another matter! they think they rule the universe! LOL!!!) and so we can let them roam arround the house. They only go to two rooms and we are sure to have a bird-proof house (aldough sometimes we under estimate them and they chew our plants!!!!).
    anyway they're the most awsomest birds ever [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] they're smart too!!! sometimes too smart!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast