Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oh crap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that sent me to the hospital was I was grappling and pulled my arm out of socket. It was an odd feeling having my arm on my chest then in its socket.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well lets i was at the skatepark (skateboard park)i was just skateboarding on a 6 foot half pipe as i came down the one time i slammed into my friend at the bottom and some how my skateboard fliped up and was standing straight up. Then after slaming into my friend i landed onto the skateboard standing straight up right into my ribs . after that i couldnt breath at first but was fine 5 minutes later. i had a sprained rib. and had pains for like 8 months. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was caving in New York when a rock fell on my hand and crushed my pinkie. It got gangrene and needed to be amputated a month later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well about 3 years back I was at work, tearing down a warehouse. I was removing the expanderbolts in the floor with a sledgehammer, and one flew right up into my eye. Couldnt see anything with it for about a week, and hurt like a female. I got really scared! Now its fine, but occasionally (about once a month) the eye spontaneously shuts down.
    Goes back on within the hour heh

/Quensel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked as a manager at a local Little King (Sub-sandwich resteraunt) and was slicing ham on an industrial slicer. SLIT....I lost the top 3/4 of my index finger. Well I picked it up and went to the hospital and they stitched it back on and fused everything and I still have it but the ham pan filled with blood and had to be thrown away.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a martial arts tournament about 7 or 8 years ago I was up against an aqauintance that was world champion of that federation at the time. I went up for a three point head shot (jumping boot to the head), scored it! I came down on the support leg to find no support. The knee collapsed in and folded sideways. Sadly, I went to see a quake who told me that I just needed to strenthen the leg. This was a ridiculous statement as I could extended and hold 250 pounds at the time. He did a quick scope and said that all that was wrong was that I had no cartilage left (allthat was wrong). He said that he took out the pieces of busted up cartilage. My knee dislocated 16 more times before I could get into a nearby national expert. He told me the cartilage was intact and fine. The problem was that my ACL and MCL were torn out. When he did the surgery he found the the MCL was complete gone - cleaned out. What the first doctor thought was cartilage was the remainder of the MCL and he cleaned it out leaving to beautiful holes and a way for my knee to dislocate continually. He also caused nerve damage and a nerve running down my leg had to be severed so that I would not vomit everytime someone (like my very young children at the time) touched it. Since that time the knee has had four surgeries. The other has had one. Needless to say, no more 3 point head shots.

This was one of the injuries. I play rough. I have had broken fingers, hands, feet, hyperextentions, head injury, yadda yadda. I am now getting older (oh the aches) and thinking "What was I thinking"!

There was also an accident involving a car and my body. That causes most of the aches. But I am still here to complain so all is good in the end.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Needless to say, no more 3 point head shots.
    Wussy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Ah, sparring.... There was that time I was knocked airborn (yes, I actually left the ground...I think I was on one leg when I got hit) by a spinning rear kick....To the groin. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] I had a cup on, so everything is still intact, but oh, the shock wave! I had a bruise the shape of the mouth of the cup all the way around....

Then there was the sledding accident. All 14 year olds on the forums, when sledding, what's the coolest thing to do? Go off a jump, right? The higher & farther you go, the cooler, right? Yeah.
    We made a 3' jump (from which you could get about 5' of air on a good jump). I had a perfect jump! Perfect form, great distance....and I landed perfectly (you know, sitting perfectly straight). The problem was the my tail bone laned on a rock about the size of your fist. It was about 14 months before I could bend to touch my toes again....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day I noticed a small protuberence off the side of the nail on my finger. A bit of the cuticle of my nail had come loose, and was catching on things. The skin beneath was pink and sore! This horror lasted a few days, but every time I forgot and put my hand in my pocket, it would catch on the material.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast