What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh crap!

OOOOH! Suzanne, you just reminded me of the time I fell off the top of the money bars (6 or 7 years old). I hit my funny bone on the way down...the LAST bar down, just to make sure I had MAXIMUM velocity. It felt like my arm was litterally on fire.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 09 2004,1:45)]OOOOH!  Suzanne,  you just reminded me of the time I fell off the top of the money bars (6 or 7 years old).
I would love to be on a money bar instead of a monkey bar. lol
smile_n_32.gif
There are some interesting stories.

I have been lucky as of not hurting myself or I do not remember. Back in the day we use to have a garden and would throw the rotted tomatoes at each other. Of course I hate tomatoes and my dad hit me on the back of the head. It was nasty.
smile_t_32.gif

ugh..i remeber i was on a monkey bar when i was about 8..my cousins and I where playing and one of them pushed me, i tripped on a MEDAL POLE right in between my legs..ouchhh i was in shock for about 10min then my mom put ice cold water on me..

OWWWWWWWWWOOOOWWWWWW!! My whole body hurts due to these stories. The first one was the most gruesome to me. Knee bent backwards?! OW! Altrade gets seconds place...any guy would know why...anyway...I guess my worst injury was when I jumped off of a platform and something jammed into my knee. I didn't realize it at first and it didn't hurt at all. I just felt the blood running down my leg and the neighbor kid was like "Oh! I'll get a bandaid. I was like "Ummm I think this will need more than a bandaid" Well I went inside the house (I was at my Aunt's house at the time) and my Aunt looked all pale because of this hole in my knee. I was perfectly calm just a little shaken up because it didn't hurt at all. I couldn't find what went into my knee but it left me with 12 stitches...six inside and six outside. That's how deep it was. More like a scratch compared to half of the stuff you guys have been through. I also fell backwards off of my trampoline and landed flat on my back. That was a shocker. I was laughing though. LOL
laugh.gif
Anyway I hope none of this gruesome stuff happens to me at all. I'm not one that can take a lot of pain (aka a wuss) but these things happen when you least expect it. Maybe I'll become a bubble boy o_O
laugh.gif
or the incredible bubble wrap boy WOO HOO! just kidding
laugh.gif

I'm getting woozie from reading this stuff....anybody got some smelling salts??
smile_t_32.gif
confused.gif

My wors injuty........
It was when aI was in year 6(I was 10-11 at the time) and it was the end of a lesson. I climbed over chairs, and instead of my foot falling on the floor the right way round, it landed on the side, so the bottom of my foot was facing tot he left! It felt O.k(sort of) I could walk, but it hurt lots. Then int ht edinner cue, I saw soem bacnhes and I deccded to sit down. When I got up, it hurt like hel!! I could still walk tho. So I got my dinner and sat down at a table, then whent he dinner ladies said that htere were seconds around 10 minutes later, I couldnt get up or walk, I was in too much pain when I put my foot down! I couldnt leave the dinner hall either, I just could not walk. So I hopped towars the exit, I was grabbuibg ontot he tables for support, then when I was about to walk through the door to the exit which goes to the front of the school office, a dinner lady had to help me to walk and sit down.
Then I put my foot down when I was nearly htere, and I screamed REALLY loudly, thta is how much pain I was in! I was then in the chai, with my bad foot on the table, and they tried everytghing to help me, including ice packs, but nothibng worked, so they phoned mum to come and get me.
I couldnt walk and had to be helped tot he car. Then I just got home, she had to help me change,ma nd I just lay on the sofa, I couldnt walk at all, I couldnt put my foot down at all! I was just lying htere powerless to do anything. She bought me a foot support and soem crwam to help witht he pain, but I lay and sat wihtout dong anything for days, then after 2-3 weeks I was fully recovered. I missed out lots of school in the meantime, I missed about 1-2 weeks

O.K, that was me, time for my dog:

He was running around int eh garden like a fly without a head, jsut runnign around all over the place at top speed. He was running under and around the hammock. Then BAM! mum heard a very load noise. My stupid dog hsad banged his head on the hammock leg! And there as a biggish cut on his head, and some blood came out too. He didnt winper or wine at all!
He is now recoved, tho no hair has grown back where hes cut was, he could now be permanently scared.
Dino
cool.gif

Holy moly! I think the most dammage I've seen in this thread must have been to your spell check, Starman!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

!CAUTION!
KARMA IS A FEMALE DOG
smile_m_32.gif

I grew up in bars pretty much, my mom was a bartender for a long time. I was 16 when this happened.
I was away at the restroom and had a seat next to a girl i had been talking to for awhile. Apon returning, there was a guy sitting in my seat. I politely told him it was my chair and to move. He said "Go on"! I said again you are in my seat and you need to move. He was not even looking at me when he said this to me. He said "you are buggin me kid go away. During this time he was trying to talk to the girl I had been talking to and she was ignoring him. I made a final attempt. MOVE, NOW!!! He tossed the head at the bottom of the beer at me over his shoulder and said "Go" No sooner had he said that. I had hooked my toe under the bottom ring of the bar stool and yanked back at the same time punching him in the back of the head. His face hit the bar counter with a thump yet to be heard. He went unconcious and was bleeding from the nose and mouth a little but not too bad for the thump I heard. The regulars dragged him outside and left him there. I continued on with my night as usual. 12:30 or so rolled around and I decided it was time to take her home. I opened the door and heard a BBBWWWOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
I opened my eyes and I was in the emergency room. I had been hit in the face with an aluminum bat. I am now missing 8 teeth and many, many , many chipped. The tooth aches and infections are still 10 months out of the year.

Joe

I wish I had. I can describe the pain that few know of when raw nerve is exposed to oxygen for prolonged periods of time. I also am losing my sight due to infections in my teeth and gums that have moved up my sinus cavity and into my eye sockets. It will eventually cause total blindness without removal of all my teeth and gums being bored out and cleaned. Anti-biotics no longer keep the infections at bay.
YES, this is a very real account.
He done unto me as I had done unto him.

Joe

Joe, hitting someone in the face with a bat is dishonorable and far more than what you did to his dumb bum... but anyway. I'd say Pondboy's injury is pretty interesting as well. But onto my less grievious and rather funny injuries -

Hooking your sleeve onto a doorknob - done this a few times, running past doorknobs. Feet sweep up, and I land on my back in the middle of the hallway. Luckily, nobody has ever witnessed me doing this.

Fractured crooked pinkie - thanks to a jellyball, a game called Four Square, and a nurse who wouldn't give me an icepack. It's on my left hand (annoying because I'm left handed) and clicks with a quarter second delay. Terrible when I try to play guitar (right handed) or such.

Split lip, 7 stitches - Skateboarding merrily along, my neighbors told me I could go faster if I scooted on one knee instead of standing up. The board flipped up, and split my lip. Not only that, I was wearing retainers at the time, which saved my teeth. However, I have two U-shaped impressions on the inside of my upper lip now.

Flying higher after a kick than Schloaty or Copper - during a martial arts demonstration, I noticed that my feet had been swept up, and that my body was in the air, completely parallel to the ground. Then I noticed that I was level with my opponent's face. I also remembered that he was 6' tall, and I'm 5'. Good think I kept my head up when I landed on my back.

Fractured middle knuckle - same demonstration. I punched, he brought up his elbow to block. I wasn't upset until my mom thought it would be best to rub my boo-boo. Grinding a knuckle like that is not nice.

Landing on a wall - people shouldn't walk on top of walls alongside their grandparents, who are on the sidewalk. I almost lost my balance, and regained it. But my grandfather was a bit slow on his reaction, and grabbed my ankle and pulled down. Landed straight down, straddling the wall. OUCH.

Skin off my back - playing with my cousin near the pull-out sofabed. We thought it would be a good idea to put the cushion along the side, and use it as a slide. The cushion folded, and I slid my spine all the way up against the sharp metal pieces along the slide. My cousin took one look at the blood, and ran shrieking out of the room.

"Here, have a straw" - now kiddies, when you offer a drinking straw to someone with their back turned to you, for godsakes don't put it eye level! I had a red circle from the straw stuck directly into my eye for two days!

Eye medication - I'm prone to eye infections. One particularly nasty one had eye drops that would drop anyone to the floor. Everything that you learned should not be in your eyes were in there. For instance - hydrocloric acid, ammonia, sodium, 4 more kinds of acid, etc.

Faceful of (lawn) grass - Rollerblading down my steep hill. Had put new brakes on my skates but they were a different rubber and wore out halfway down the hill. The screw that holds the rubber brake to the skate's brake bracket started throwing sparks, and the plastic was melting as I tried to stop. A T-stop would have ripped off my leg. So...then only thing I could do was land face-first on someone's lawn, hoping that my hands in front didn't hit any sprinkers. I was fine, but had grass burns on my face and arms (later a rash), stains from head to toe, and a mouthful of lawn grass.

oh yeah i forgot to add that when i was 7 i was running around in my yard and there were people swinging on the swings. (it was a party for something) and the teeter toter swing which is metal seats slamed right into my mouth and broke one of my 2 front teeth. man that hurt. luckily the rest of the tooth didnt die on me. So i can get it permanately fixed when im 18.

Well, I've twice had my bottom row of teeth go straight through my bottom lip. First time was when I was four years old and screwing around with large toys by standing on them. Bad idea. Second time was when someone accidentally nudged me into the top part of a chair at a friend's birthday part back when I was 12. The taste of the inside of your bottom lip is, to say the least, distubring. Also pretty nasty to look at.

When I was 5 I had my chin split open by doing a "belly flop" on a skateboard and sliding down a concrete driveway. I didn't even notice it until blood starting pouring out of it and everyone around me totally freaked out. DEEP stitches for that one.

Junior year of high school I slipped on a rock while picking up a frisbee (it was really, REALLY pathetic) and severely sprained nearly every muscle on the right side of my right foot. Swelled up to the size of a baseball. To make matters worse, whilst getting a drink in the middle of the night the day before getting a cast for it, my grandmother startled me and I instinctively slammed down on my injured ankle (I was hopping on one foot). I was in some of the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life for a solid half hour because of that.
smile_n_32.gif

Amazingly I haven't had a single injury to any bones.

*knocks on wood*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 09 2004,3:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Needless to say, no more 3 point head shots.
Wussy.
smile_n_32.gif
HEY!  Watch it.  The two point works just fine, as does the spinning or reverse groin shot  
smile_n_32.gif

smile_r_32.gif

I think the knee would have been fine if I had not gone to a moron at first.

I had a student and friend that was sparring once (I was one of the refs).  I watched him get hit with a spinning axe.  He was also spinning at the time.  These were two brown's so the spins were not as fast as they could and should have been, therefore I had a moment to realize he was going to take the kick on the base of the spine before he did.  He went down and was nearly out.  I wanted the match ended.  I was a paramedic (but not the paramedic working the match) and realized that he possibly had a serious injury.  At first he could not tell me his name or where he was.  Match should have been over, but no.  He wanted to continue so they let him.  We got lucky and he put in a sucker punch to win.  He then went ot the hospital to find that his back was broken, but luckily not dislocated.

Oh, I should add that I was told a few years ago that the nerves in my face are dying (jaw area).  I asked what could have caused that.  Repeated blows to the face.  Ah, well.  Fighting with fifth degrees when your a first or second is a dangereous thing.  The education from it is priceless.  Kicking a first or second degree's butt when your higher is also priceless.  
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Sep. 10 2004,11:43)]Oh, I should add that I was told a few years ago that the nerves in my face are dying (jaw area).  I asked what could have caused that.  Repeated blows to the face.  Ah, well.
I call that the face block. That is so you save yours arms for later and I have done that before. Although being tall does help prevent the face block.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I call that the face block. That is so you save yours arms for later and I have done that before. Although being tall does help prevent the face block.

Ahhh, the good ol' face block!
smile_l_32.gif

I know that one plenty well.

I remember sparring (as a green belt or so) with my instructor. That was the day I learned NOT to duck INTO a round house kick. I caught his shin right across the bridge of my nose. Luckily for me he was a really good fighter and was able to pull the kick, so I didn't break my nose. Was still hard enough to hurt like the devil, and I got two black eyes from it.

But everything happens for a reason, right? Those black eyes got me a girl that weekend at the club I used to frequent....She said they made me look older and tough.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 09 2004,3:55)]Holy moly!  I think the most dammage I've seen in this thread must have been to your spell check, Starman!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I am no good at this keyboard or computers, so my fingers keep slipping tot he key next to them, so words end up looking weird.
smile_o_32.gif
Could a modertaor please correct the errors? I iwll probably just make more when I try to correct them.
smile_o_32.gif
However, dotn get me wrong, I am one of the best spellers in my year.
Dino
cool.gif

Dino,
I don't think you really need to have a mod go back and correct your errors for you. You know what I sometimes do? Write a post in a MS word or e-mail, spell check it, then copy and paste it into the forum.
Oh - I was just bustin' chops!

Back