Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh crap!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok folks what has been your most gruesome injury. (Please no posts about suicide attempts, purposefully self-inflicted doesn't count) Bones broken, muscle exposed, etc....Lets hear it!

I have a few, but one would be:
    Back when I used to play football, I played a few different positions. Well on this particular day I was lead blocking as halfback and was clearing the way for my runningback. Well someone managed to escape me and I dropped back to receive a pitch and just as I caught the pitch.......CRACK......I was speared in the front right side. Speared into the front of my knee. My knee blew out the back and totally folded reversely of whats natural. My knee cap slid down my leg around to the back of my calf. 16 months of traction rehab and I walk normally again but my knee still goes out on me ocassionally.
    If there is enough reponses I will post a few more. I also used to skateboard and snowboard and kickbox.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple... when i was little i was jumping around on my bed with some of my cousins. well i dont see it but theres a screw in the wall.. and it was loose, my cousin pushed me really hard and it got rammed into my back. i stood up slightly and it tore downward (imagine sticking your finger in an envelope and sliding it to break the seal) thats exactly what happend, but with my skin. the nail didn't go in too deep, just deep enough to cause a serious long, deep and painful cut. not to mention bloody. 8 stitches and a pissed off mom cause she missed the ending of one of her soap opera's. ::sigh:: and you would think she would worry about me more..
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm... Lets see...

Cut the tendon on the backside of my knee a few weeks ago, and got a nasty hematoma...

Wasp flew up my pants, was stung "there" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.. someone must really hate you
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was working for an environmental company, doing sampling in Kentucky. It had just rained and I was stepping out of our rental truck. I slipped and landed awkwardly, spraining my knee. It was never the same again. 4 years later, playing volleyball, I landed awkwardly again - respraining it. 4 years later I had 4 more aggravations from minor twists. Two years ago I had 3 more "just look at it funny" aggravations - and then finally - surgery. I had no cartilege to speak of and my ACL was replaced by a patellar tendon. Knock on wood, no more injuries or aggravations. but my volleyball days are over.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i fell off of a wheel-chair ramp and broke my arm REALLY bad. what's even funnier is when i wrecked my bike and flew into the neighbors mail-box, i broke my wrist but not NEARLY as bad as my arm...

haha, i know i'm a wimp lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in costa rica, and I slipped and fell on a reef. I got a little cut on my leg. I put a waterproof bandage on it, and forog tto take it off when we left when I did take it off, I realized that it had gotten infected, and there was a 3 inch wide hole down to the bone. I still dont know how I didn't notice. T
    There was also the time a fell down a hilll and somehow cut my thumb in half on the way down. I didnt realize it till about 10 minutes later. It was at night, and I cut all the nerves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just about chopped the tip of my finger off this past winter. One night when it was about 10 below, I was having trouble with my garage door because it was so cold. Shari (my wife) wasn’t home and the three kids were in there pajamas playing in the house. I went out to the garage, set up a ladder, unhooked the overhead door and lubed up the chain as it slid back and fort. The chain was still catching on something and going into safety reverse, so I positioned myself right above the motor and found that the chain needed to have some slack taken out of it. I adjusted the tensioner and all was good. As I watched the trolley and chain move back and forth after adjustment, I noticed a piece of the sprocket guard had broken off and was getting caught in the sprocket above the motor. I went to flick it out of the way and the chain grabbed me faster then I would have ever expected. My index finger on my right hand was pulled in between the chain and the drive sprocket. The motor jammed and my finger was stuck exactly half way around the sprocket.

So, I am in the garage, by myself, Shari isn’t home, the kids are in the house, and I am up on a ladder with my finger crushed and stuck. I could see that my finger was in bad shape, but my hands were so cold that I couldn’t feel a thing. Luckily I had the opener in my pocket. I figured when I pushed the button, my finger was going to continue around and come out the other side, or it would reverse and come out the way it went in. I bit my lip and pushed the button. My finger came out, and I immediately knew I needed to go to the ER, so I called Shari and told here to head home. She was about ten minutes away.

Nathan (my eight year old son) was watching TV, the girls were playing house in their room. My youngest girl (three) had no pants on, only a t-shirt. I told Nathan that I hurt my finger and it was an emergency. He calmly asked if I would like him to call 911. I said no and told him to get a pair of pants and socks on his sister. Shari got home and we drove into Grand Rapids.

The bone in the tip of my finger was crushed and exposed, the tip of my finger was still attached enough to sew back on. I lost the nail, but that greww back after about 4 monthes. All in all my finger turned out fine, its even starting to get a bit of feeling back.

The way I look at it, I had three “firsts” that Friday night. Fist time I have ever broken a bone. First time I have ever had stitches. First time I have had an IV!

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast