What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short stuff or jolly green giant

Hence why Alaska's bears and moose are much larger than those found down south I suppose...

You also see this phenomenon with aquatic life - whales, sharks, as opposed to the livebearers and tetras on either side of the equator.

Why are you fainting Dino? Are you that much taller then me? If you are wow you must be tall,as your 2 years younger then me. Lol.Amanda(patient I beacame a friend with at the hospital) is 18 and I look like a giant next to her! I`d say she`s probably `bout 5 foot.

I like how you say Jolly Green Giant...we are jolly kind of people!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
I am not sure about short people though...
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have heard the the deer in the southern US are smaller than those up north.
That is true. Another example are everybodies favorite rodent, the squirrel. In the north they are huge. I believe that the reason for this is because in the colder climates the animals has to be larger to store more fat.

Ozzy, that makes perfect sense! I remember reading that tropical fish, like guppies, if raised in higher temps, like 80 degrees, as opposed to 70 degrees, will develop sooner, end up smaller, and die sooner than their colder temp counterparts.

And that's why Bonnie is SO tall and Suzanne is SO short!  
smile_m_32.gif
 So does that mean that Suzanne is more colorful, lives hard, and dies fast as well?  
smile_n_32.gif

factiod:
All birds that mirgate have dark breast meat. All birst that stay put have white breast meat.
smile.gif

I am guessing everything in Alaska must be huge.
smile_m_32.gif

5'4", 132 pounds (remembering muscle is heavier than fat please).  Short yes, but it should read tempermental short stuff or Jolly green giant. I note that on the streets the tall people seem easier to deal with.  The biggest guy I had to handle (about 6'9", 300+ pounds) was a teddy bear.  He said he would not fight anyone because he was afraid that he would hurt them.  Gotta like that.  After walking through the door and seeing that standing there it was a sigh of relief to the officers.

Come on Schloaty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 15 2004,10:30)]That is true. Another example are everybodies favorite rodent, the squirrel. In the north they are huge. I believe that the reason for this is because in the colder climates the animals has to be larger to store more fat.
Our squirrels in Alaska are tiny .. I was amazed when I went to Oregon and Washington at how huge the squirrels get. They looked like small cats! I had a whole new respect for you CPers down south who have squirrels that raid your collections.. those things are monsters!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Sep. 16 2004,6:44)]Ozzy, that makes perfect sense! I remember reading that tropical fish, like guppies, if raised in higher temps, like 80 degrees, as opposed to 70 degrees, will develop sooner, end up smaller, and die sooner than their colder temp counterparts.

And that's why Bonnie is SO tall and Suzanne is SO short!
smile_m_32.gif
So does that mean that Suzanne is more colorful, lives hard, and dies fast as well?
smile_n_32.gif
So I'm dull, big, and I'll live forever?
biggrin.gif

Now I'm almost envying Suzanne lol

that makes sense.. me and alfredo are both 6 foot, 14 year olds. Live in new york.. but that wouldn't explain tamlin's height
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]factiod:
All birds that mirgate have dark breast meat. All birst that stay put have white breast meat
that's because they use those muscles more and therefore have more blood vessels there to supply more oxygen and thus making the muscles more .... how would you say it??? enduring? (I don't want that word... can anyone help me find the right word?)

as for the thing about animals being bigger on the poles than in the equator... do you mean in the same species?? because with different species there are plenty of exceptions.

6'1" 220lbs, a little on the heavy side. Got down to 195 in the service. Tne new practice space has no A/C, and I'm averging about 4hrs. of sleep a night so I'll be thin again in no time!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 16 2004,12:55)]So I'm dull, big, and I'll live forever?
biggrin.gif

Now I'm almost envying Suzanne lol
ROFL!! And you will have a lot of time to play CP Blackjack as well.
smile.gif

5', 105 lb. Yup, I'm quite short for 13, no? Doctor says I'm normal weight but slightly short. I have no clue where I got that from. The entire family is generally tall, my grandfather 6', my grandmother 5'6'', my mom 5'5'', and I don't know how tall my dad was.. not short though. I get all non-physical aspects from my mom, but most physical aspects from my dad.. hair color, body build (my mom is naturally thinner and more spindly, while I'm naturally more.. what's the word... well-set, I guess.. she weighs about the same as me, and she wears my clothes alot.. her stuff is generally too small for me), that kind of stuff. And she tells me I look more like my dad than her. So I look like my dad and have my mom's personality (not the Barbie-doll type, not disturbed or grossed out by anything, very low tolerance of crap from anyone, love of science fiction type movies and books and stuff, redneck).

But this is off-topic.

I weigh in at 125lbs. I gotta get my 20lbs of muscle back! I wish I wasn`t sick anymore.

Speaking of height and weight, my son is 1yr and 3mos. He is 42lbs and 39.5". I am not kidding, I took him to the Doc today and they weigh etc.... He is larger now than my daughter was at 2, also he wears the size 6 diaper and my daughter potty-trained befor getting to the 6. He is a gentle giant though, my friends kid (a boy) is 2 weeks younger and half the size. He pushes my boy all the time and falls over, my boy just looks at him.
laugh.gif

Joe

My niece is 7 months old and is about 28 pounds... Now sure how tall, but I think the two would get along
laugh.gif

Back