What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How clean do...

I'm going to move my VFT's to a large "hanging type" pot. This pot used to house some other plant, and I've washed it of all the dirt and everything. However, some residue remains-is that ok for the VFTs?

Also, if I remove them from the pots, I'm pretty sure the substrate they are in will be of a different consistency...should I break up the stuff they were originally in to make it "blend" with the new peat better?

I'm soaking the peat right now....but still unsure whether to take the plunge.

Why are you repotting it? It is almost to the end of the season... Will it be in this pot for dormancy or will it be uprooted again to be put in the fridge? Is the new "hanging type" pot plastic I assume?
Andrew

Just cause I thought it would be nice to put the 2 pots I had right now into one big one. Worked well. I heard things about not disturbing the roots-well for the Red Dragons I just planted the whole plug in the peat, and for my 1 year old when I pulled it out the plants were just begging to "fall" right off. The roots were only a couple strands at the bases of the rhizomes. I was planning to plant it in a clump, but seperated 3. I'll take pics.

BTW, they will just stay outside for the winter.

Here's the result. Looks kinda funny, but I hope they will grow in eventually.

pot.jpg

And for the curious, here is how a vft looks minus the peat

rhi.jpg

Can anyone pick out the 2 Red Dragon VFTs?

I'd say the ones at 2 & 3 o'clock.

Back