Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]assburger syndrom (sp?)

Thats aspergers syndrome. In ability to comminicate socially.

inability to tell tones of voice, understand facial expressions or eye contact.

How ironic that you mentioned aspergers syndrome...

why is that ironic?

because... i ... erm...I have it.

And if u hadnt mentioned it, you can bet darn shure i wouldnt of come out and said that!

My case is very mild, and i am quite liked and popular in my highschool (altough this years not as good as last year in terms of siciability) Infact, i get A's and B's in all my classes, wich, i am told, is unusual for someone with my syndrom. They say i may even be able to functon in college.

Quote[/b] ]I know of only on -ic that really prevents friendhsip and destroyes them, and that is alcohol-ic.
    well theres a syndrom like that, and i have it. Altough everyones nice, i have no freinds per-say. I had some freinds, many years ago, but not now.

And since were on the subject of my problems, might i add that i have a growth hormone defficancy. I am very short (hence my relucance to reply to the height post)

I am getting the hormones artificially trough shots every night. It has to be on fat tissue. But since i am about 2% body fat, the shot is usually administerd on my rear.

AND my Vision quaility is halving almost yearly now.

I dont care if you beleive me or not, but its true all the same.

oh my god i cant beleive i actually said it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always assumed we American kids were the worst as far as manners and all are concerned?

I could fit for difficulty catching and throwing-and I can absorb desired info(i.e Cps, aquariums, and anything interesting) like a sponge and remember if long after seeing it only once...but can ride a bike just fine.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Thats aspergers syndrome. In ability to comminicate socially.

inability to tell tones of voice, understand facial expressions or eye contact.

How ironic that you mentioned aspergers syndrome...
    Also funny you should mention that because my psychiatrist, who I see for treatment of my rather extreme ADD, said that I might have that and that I should do a little research on it to see if the symptoms match up with mine.

However, I'm left to wonder if I have that if it causes what you mentioned, as I don't have any of those. He mentioned it after I explained to him my horrible inability to sleep well (or at all), rare but horribly discomforting sleep paralyzation, and my occasional nasty anxiety attacks.

Anyways, regarding the behavior of kids, most kids are mean, vulgar little crapfaces because their either their parents are as well, or their parents are too lenient with the "my child can do no wrong" attitude. I went though a LOT of poop as a youth with being teased, harrassed, and generally made to be miserable, and through that experience I've discovered two possible solutions.

1. Kick the nice guys in the balls really hard. Sure, you might get detention and punishment from your parents, but once a person knows that you're willing to go that far, they're less likely to bother you as much. Worked for me.

2. Get a change of environment. If you're dealing with tons of poop in school, or even in your city, then transfer to a different school or move somewhere else if possible. Granted, much easier said than done, but sometimes its the only way.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino, my sympathies. I had my share of difficulties growing up, too. I was the smallest boy in my grade...and the grade below that...and the grade below THAT. You tend to be a good target for bullies when you're a foot under the average height. I was REALLY skinny too. Blew away in a high wind, once [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I was also almost held back, and thought of as not-so-smart because I terrible vision, and no one caught it. Nice.

As for the lack of coordination, that can be compensated for. I have a student in my karate school who doesn't have right brain-left brain communication (or at least very limmited communication). This made him jerky and awkward with terrible balance. The difference from when he walked in the school for the first time and now (5 years later) is rediculous. He'll never be gracefull, but when he go mugged last year he went through the guy quicker than exlax.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've never had a problem making friends, but i always try to be nice to the people who do. alot of them hate me because they think when i'm being nice to them i'm really making fun of them. it's like they are paranoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few choice words always work for me
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 12 2004,10:04)]oh my god i cant beleive i actually said it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    I can believe it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that Dino. Kids are so mean at that age. If it makes you feel better I got hit with a hockey puck(?) in school. Hurt like heavens and it was right between the eyes.

Also when I was a lad I could not say the letter r. I was called "four man" for awhile at school *during sixth grade*. I hated it and I really practiced my R's after that. Did not take long because the kids were teasing me. After awhile ppl stopped calling that but there was this one kid that bugged me and unfortunately I gave him the DDT from wrestling. He stopped bugging me and calling me "four man".

Be strong and does sound like there may be a cure for this problem. Plus you have many friends here... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that Dino BUT...once you have a diagnosis, then you can do something about it whether its something you work out personally, medically or through therapy. Knowledge is the key. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

And...we share something in common. I call it "wobbly world"--poor balance. I have vestibular neuritis in my right ear. I have almost no balance function at all. This gives me spells of vertigo (spinning), dizziness, foggy brain and poor balance. The diagnosis is new for me as well...only a few months ago. I had dizzy spells for years but they started getting worse and my balance was getting bad too so I finally went for tests. I was glad to find out I wasn't crazy. lol

I feel better knowing what the problem is. It can't be fixed, so I just have to learn to live with it. And I don't like it. I'm always saying OOPS all the time. Sometimes you look like an idiot. You just have to laugh when you do something stupid. I laugh at myself all the time. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I want to have a T-shirt made that says "OOOPS!" on the front. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I know its upsetting to get a "diagnosis" but now you are ahead of the game. Do some research, write down questions to ask the dr. and then do whatever you need to do to learn to live it. Trust me, it could be MUCH worse. You will learn how to deal with it.

Almost everybody has some challenge to live with. It may or may not be noticeable. But as you've seen so far...you are not the only one challenged with a physical/mental issue. So wipe away the tears, square your shoulders, hold you head up and say..."This is ME! And I'm a fine person and this will not control my life!"

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast