Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Suzanne,
    Don't know anything about cures or whatever....But from the martial arts I know you can compensate by strengenthing you other two balance functions (joint fluid and eyesight). Ear fluid is only one of three methods the body uses to establish balance. I don't think you'll ever be doing cart wheels on a balance beam, but you could conceivably reduce your stumbles...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is vestibular therapy. I guess what you mentioned is what they work on developing. I don't consider myself bad enough to need it. Luckily, most of my "wobbles" aren't noticeable to others. I FEEL it more than someone else can see it...I correct it before it shows. But sometimes there are the biggies where I have to grab something. lol It varies as to how bad it is...sometimes only a wobble or two in a day...sometimes its a lot, particularly if I'm coming off a vertigo episode.

If it ever gets any worse, I might consider the vestibular therapy. Thanks for the tip. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an appointment with the Doctor tommrow.
    I iwll find out tommrow. No school for me toomrow either.
    Dino

P.S
    You shoudl really take that therapy Suzzanne...........because later it might be too late to take the therapy.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you care so much what others think, Starman? I don't give a rip what anyone, anywhere thinks. Just ask anyone who knows me. They all know no one and nothing influences what I do or how I live my life, and I don't care what anyone thinks. My third cousin Margie's friend Kim said that I am definitely one of the most independant people my age she has ever met. Everyone that knows me also knows I'm a tomboy, a true redneck girl, and they also know I'm extremely proud of it, whether they accept it or not. My grandmother thinks I, in her exact, recent words, "want to be one of those queers" just because I refuse to wear dresses. Go ahead, see if I care. Call me "queer". See what it gets you.

But my point is that you really shouldn't care what your school thinks! If they refuse to accept you just because of a very MINOR disability, they're acting like immature little kids.

I have my own little imperfections. My right ankle, it gets a sharp pain in it every time I run for some reason. I think it's a nerve. My hands are double-jointed, my left hand especially (trust me, I can lay my left hand flat, palm-down, on the table and grab my pinkie and pull it back until it's at a 90 degree angle and it doesn't hurt.. I can do this with my right hand too, just not quite as far.. my fingers in general bend back at all joints farther than normal when I make a flat hand in the air without doing anything). I'm a little short for my age. I have had braces for a couple years. SO WHAT! I don't care what anyone thinks about this stuff or anything else, and trust me, there's more.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] on the table and grab my pinkie and pull it back until it's at a 90 degree angle and it doesn't hurt..
    you mean that's not normal? 90 degrees from what? the table? I can do that...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most women/girls dont wear dresses

and your grandma sounds like a real homophobe honestly

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I meant was that I'm not the high-maintenance Barbie-doll cutesy girl type that prances around in high heels and a miniskirt worrying about her make-up all the time. My grandmother just can't seem to grasp and accept that concept. My grandfather is the real homophobe, actually.. I have no problem with gays, but call me gay just because of who I am, I get angry. She also chews out my mom for being just like me and for not wearing make-up. I never plan to wear make-up, so I guess my grandmother's just gonna have to DEAL. My mom accepts me and is GLAD I am how I am. She told me that when she had me the last thing she wanted me to become was some kind of Barbie-girl.

At least my grandfather only thinks I'm "weird".

Ever hear Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman"? That song reads me like a BOOK. Gretchen is my hero. She's just like me, and she's proud of who she is. I am Gretchen Wilson's #1 fan.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you liked Kenny Chesney?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast