User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my god...........

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I am very unhappy at school because evryone hates me and no-one wants to sit next to me.
    So mum decided to send me to a good doctor who deals with problems like these. She spoke to his assistant about the problem, and asked for her opinion. She said that she thinks thta I have disprexia.(Not sure if it is spelled right)
    The symptoms are difficulty in balance and at catching and throwing a ball. And I have great difficulty in both of those things. I am probbably ill. And it could well be for life.
    I am nearly in tears now, I just cant beleive it.
    The doctor himself will voice his opinion next week.
    And he doesnt get these things wrong, if he says I have it, then I have it, and I probably do.
    I cant belive it. I just cant.
    I am very nearly in tears now.
    Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that, Dino! I did a quick word search but came up with nothing under dysprexia. So I typed in "balance difficulties" and on page two it listed, among other things, something called "dyspraxia". Here is a link to that website:

Dyspraxia

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Symptoms of dysprexia:
    1)Difficulty in balance(e.g hopping, skipping)
    2)Difficulty in riding a bike
    3) Usually above average in intelligence
    4)Messy eating
    5)Difficulty in catching or throwing a ball
    6)Disliked and not accepted by kids/people

And guess what? I am ALL of those things.
    It is likely I have it, if Dr.Adams says I says I actually have it,t hen I have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messy eating? Just come to America! You'll fit right in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Grim @ Sep. 12 2004,1:51)]Messy eating? Just come to America! You'll fit right in!
    I have ALWAYS been eating messily, not one meal did I eat without leaving mess behind. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the site JimScott posted, there is treatment with about 80% success rate.Sounds like a good option,and the Doctor is in the UK.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Sep. 12 2004,2:04)]According to the site JimScott posted, there is treatment with about 80% success rate.Sounds like a good option,and the Doctor is in the UK.

Jerry
    I hope it works. Is DR.Adams name on there?
    If it does work, hopefully kids will like me at school.
    Dino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, no biggie in the scheme of life! We all have abilities and disabilities, and psychologists like to lump them together under sets of circumastances and give them fancy names, then charge people to treat the conditions. 20 years ago, you wouldn't have a darned thing wrong with you! I have a hard time with directions and finding my way to and from. It is annoying and frustrating not to be "normal" in these regards, but nearly everyone has something they have trouble with compared to someone else. Some have problems concentrating, some have organizational problems, eating disorders, balance problems, vision problems....and some have terminal cancer with 2 weeks to live. Make the most of what you are here and now. Eventually you and your peers will come to accept each others abilities and inabilities. The schoolyard is not all of Life, and although to you it might seem like forever, when you get to my age the entire school history seems a brief and relatively unimportant phase in a long life, and all your hurt and anger will be forgotten. I was never very popular in school, and had few friends. In fact I was almost universally rejected, picked on and beaten. This gave me both reason and permission to be myself, rather than trying to be like everyone else, and I am rather pleased with the results. I have plenty of friends now, and in time so will you. I am not a carbon copy person, and I am proud of that.
    Be yourself, try to improve, and don't worry about it.

When I used to complain to my mother about these school and "health" issues, she would say, "God help you Billy if you ever really have something wrong with you". Considering the many ills that affect man, I would say your pretty lucky here! There are so many of these labels going around, I dont even pay attention to them anymore or try to learn their meanings. If some telly me they are any kind of -ic, be it deslexic, reflectic, upsetic, belemic or *whatever*, it just means to me that I will need to be a little more patient in my dealings with those people, just as they will have to be patient with my liabiities. Children do not have this sort of patience, and this is why you are picked on. Acceptance comes with maturity, when we all learn to cut each other a little slack, or hopefully so.

So, lighten up about the label. I know of only on -ic that really prevents friendhsip and destroyes them, and that is alcohol-ic. ALso, adults do not form or reject friendships on the grounds of pop psycology diagnosis, and in fact really don't care at all, provided you can control your behavior, and act as a good human being.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast