Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]WE are more evolved
    that's wrong... organisms don't strive to be human. it's not the ultimate form of life.
    Quote[/b] ]The only way a squirrel could kill someone is through fleas infested with a plague...
    I could dominate one in a fist fight
    the only way you could fall 100 feet and go unharmed is if you had something to soften the fall....
    like it would fight w/ you that way. it could easily and effortlessly outrun you. IT would dominate you EASILY in an agility contest through the woods.
    Quote[/b] ]And there is nothing wrong with killing animals
    it is if you don't have any reason. It's just like what hitler did. you could easily buy a squirrel repellent and all your problems would be solved.
    Quote[/b] ]Hell animals kill other animals all the time for pleasure. Again you must not be a cat/ferret owner...
    give me examples. cats play with their food so they can become better hunters in case of a shortage of food.
    orcas also play w/ their food so they can become better hunters. I have even seen some in TV that weren't hungry so after they finished playing with the baby seal they put it back on the shore.
    and I don't see how you can compare insects with squirrels. squirrels are smarter and all what I had said before.
    as for arthropods (spiders and scorpions are arachnids), yes... there are many that care for their young. those giant cockroaches from australia actually take care of their young for 9 months.
    Quote[/b] ]I am superior to the squirrels. I am higher up on the food chain.
    so a tiger is superior than you? a great white shark? malaria microbes? lyme disease? AIDS? they're all higher up than you are in the food chain.
    to me, you saying you wish you could kill squirrels IS a serious matter. Especially because you don't have to kill them. You ENJOY killing them when you don't have any reason to. And I can't say I like the "I'm more evolved and higher in the food chain so I must be superior to everything" attitude.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott...thanks for the welcome. And Finch....i was referring to nursing in the sense that a mother animal nurses her young with milk not bringing home food.
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And ALLOSAURZ......we weren't discussing birds......
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're very welcome, ms. fyrespryte.
    Now back to the debate... One thing to take into consideration is that our species is a part of this ecosystem. Whenever we go on a rampage against "bad" critters it comes back to bite us. Look what pesticides have done. Look at what introducing a species to take care of a pest has done. Describing critters as good and bad has been extermely short-sighted. Our species has done an excellent job of getting things out of balance. We were intended to be stewards of nature, not ruthless rulers of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and I believe that will be our demise.
    pesticides, fertilizers, EVERYTHING we do harms the environment AND us.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]a mother animal nurses her young with milk
    This only applys to mammals as only mammals have malmmallry glands and produce milk
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]so a tiger is superior than you? a great white shark? malaria microbes? lyme disease? AIDS? they're all higher up than you are in the food chain.
    We are the highest one on the food chain. why do you think Tigers and great whites are dying. We are on the top. It's only stuff from the inside, like aids, that hurts us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE]
    Quote[/b] ]It's only stuff from the inside, like aids, that hurts us.
    just tell that to those people in india and other places that are eaten by crocs and tigers.
    you're only the "top predator" because of guns and other stuff... so it depends how you see it.