Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are dying because we are directly persicuting tigers and great white because they are worth money/we fear them
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and because of habitat destruction, pollution, killing of it's prey, etc...
    speaking of that, take a look at this: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news....ne.html
    Big-Fish Stocks Fall 90 Percent Since 1950, Study Says
    so you thought the ocean was a infinite? WRONG!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch.....I know it only applies to mammals.....that's why I said it. We were comparing squirrels and insects. And if you didn't already know...... a squirrel is a mammal. Hence the discussion of nursing. Just for future reference......I generally have reasons for the things I say.
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]More recently, however, evidence has emerged that at least two of the spectacular megafauna of the Pleistocene era (1.6 million to 10,000 years ago) clung on until recent times.

In the 1990s mammoth remains found on an island north of Arctic Siberia revealed the animals still roamed a tiny corner of the planet just 3,600 years ago. Tantalizingly, this was almost a thousand years after the first pyramids were built in ancient Egypt.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    birds are animals too. and what about reptiles, anphibians and fish? are they not creatures too?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eeehhh.... huh?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 07 2004,2:10)]yes our native red squirls are usually found in coniforus forests.

Quote[/b] ] They ARE tresspassing on my property
    Aimals have no comprehensicon of peoperty rights. That is a human term. And animals are not called tresspassers, as trespassers are humans. It does not apply to other species
    yes they do... they call it territory [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]
    that's wrong... organisms don't strive to be human. it's not the ultimate form of life.

the only way you could fall 100 feet and go unharmed is if you had something to soften the fall....
    like it would fight w/ you that way. it could easily and effortlessly outrun you. IT would dominate you EASILY in an agility contest through the woods.
    Quote[/b] ]
    it is if you don't have any reason. It's just like what hitler did. you could easily buy a squirrel repellent and all your problems would be solved.
    Well, you have to understand some people cant AFFORD repellent which costs 20 dollars here in california. They are invading on YOUR territory and you have the right to externimate them if they are inflicting damage. circle of life, it happens in nature a ton.

Quote[/b] ]
    give me examples. cats play with their food so they can become better hunters in case of a shortage of food.
    orcas also play w/ their food so they can become better hunters. I have even seen some in TV that weren't hungry so after they finished playing with the baby seal they put it back on the shore.
    yes, orcas play with their food. they throw innocent seals into the air, kill them doing it, and leave them in the water to rot.

Quote[/b] ]
    and I don't see how you can compare insects with squirrels. squirrels are smarter and all what I had said before.
    as for arthropods (spiders and scorpions are arachnids), yes... there are many that care for their young. those giant cockroaches from australia actually take care of their young for 9 months.
    LOL me either... squirrels arent insects

Quote[/b] ]
    so a tiger is superior than you? a great white shark? malaria microbes? lyme disease? AIDS? they're all higher up than you are in the food chain.
    Yes, i am superior to all of those. I have the ability to THINK, i am more aware, and i can kill all of those except aids. I am superior with my knowledge. However without our ability to think we would be extinct long ago... we have no NATURAL form of selfe defence.
    Quote[/b] ]
    to me, you saying you wish you could kill squirrels IS a serious matter. Especially because you don't have to kill them. You ENJOY killing them when you don't have any reason to. And I can't say I like the "I'm more evolved and higher in the food chain so I must be superior to everything" attitude.
    He didnt say he would enjoy killing them.

Nothing serious or wrong about it. if they are on YOUR territory, inflicting lots of damage, by all means you have the right to externimate them... now, i think squirrel soup is EXCELLENT, so theres nothing wrong with me killing them. I USE the body. My dog uses the tail as a toy. This in turn trains the dog to go after squirrels. the squirrels get sick of the dog and leave. All you need is to kill one squirrel.