Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope some of the people here dont get sore arms from hugging the trees. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (fyrespryte @ Oct. 07 2004,4:58)]And ALLOSAURZ......we weren't discussing birds......
    We may not be discussing birds/insects/etc but I was making a comparison to them. They are all animals though which make comparisons valid. How can you say killing squirrels is wrong when people spray their plants for mites which are animals. Life is life no matter what. Also there is no way you can compair killing pests with Hitler's final solution. That imo is a discredit to all the victims of the holocaust. I am not killing my fellow members of the human species. Instead I am killing something that is lower on the food chain. A squirrel maybe more maneuverable in a tree. He maybe able to survive a 100 ft fall. I am generally not going to get into those situations though. I would dominate a squirrel, tiger, etc not through sheer brute strength and size alone but also through intelliegence and human ingenuity. Humans are the pinnacle of evolution as far as I am concerned. Are other animals trying to adapt to be similar to us? Maybe/maybe not. All that matters is that right now I am at the top of my food chain. I have staked out my territory. And if a squirrel enters my territory then I have the right to fertilize my lawn with his remains for messing with someone higher in the food chain. Again a pest is a pest is a pest is a pest. No matter what you say you are not going to change my opinion that squirrels are infact pests. If squirrels are as smart as you claim then they will realize that my yard = potential death and steer clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I'm a have to get that recipe from Spectabilis for squirrel soup... sounds delicious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squirrel is good tastes like rabbit
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Finch.....I know it only applies to mammals.....that's why I said it. We were comparing squirrels and insects. And if you didn't already know...... a squirrel is a mammal. Hence the discussion of nursing. Just for future reference......I generally have reasons for the things I say
    LOL im not dumb i know sqirrls are mammals.
    wolf9striker.... ill preted i didnt hear that.

Ok theres a general consenseous that humans are the most evolved mammal. Who can gess what the most evolved bird is?
    And despite what they say im all for killing squirrls. they are super abundant anyway,
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Oct. 08 2004,4:04)]Squirrel is good tastes like rabbit
    Squirrel is really good but hard to take off the skin. Most of the time I cook squirrels in a slow cooker. The meat can be very tough and this loosen the meat. Then will make squirrel stew...yum! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Ok theres a general consenseous that humans are the most evolved mammal. Who can gess what the most evolved bird is?
    there's no such thng.
    Quote[/b] ]He didnt say he would enjoy killing them.
    oh yes he did!
    I don't mind if you use them but killing them for joy is evil. (especially because you could buy a repellent)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]yes, orcas play with their food. they throw innocent seals into the air, kill them doing it, and leave them in the water to rot.
    '
    they either eat it or leave it alone... like I said, they put them back if they're not hungry.
    and who says other animals can't think? They may not be able to do algebra (hey... I can't either :P) but that doesn't mean they can't think. What makes you think you're more aware?
    Quote[/b] ]If squirrels are as smart as you claim then they will realize that my yard = potential death and steer clear
    how will they realize it if they're dead? and even if others are watching, they don't live that long and they need food.
    Quote[/b] ] Life is life no matter what
    so your life is the same as a cyanobacterium?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything