Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]they either eat it or leave it alone... like I said, they put them back if they're not hungry.
    No, orcas have been filmed playing (it looked more like torturing) seal pups by throwing them up into the air alive and bettering them with their snouts. Plus carrying a injured pup out to sea and letting it flounder back near the shore only to cary it out again and leave it. (repeat, repeat, unill the pups exahusted) and leaving the carcases. It was on the same discovery channel that you get some of your information from too.

Quote[/b] ]there's no such thng.
    ok then, most evolutionary advanced atotomicly
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    evolution doesn't work like that. there aren't any "higher" or "lower" forms... well... there are... but the lower forms die. so everything that's alive and doing fine is "higher"
    so I guess the chicken because chickens outnumber people and not many die... you can be sure that as long as there are humans, there will be chickens.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excuse me but I wasn't the one that compared killing squirrels to Hitler...I also didn't make the statement about maneuverability or falling from a height of 100 ft.... if you're going to contradict someone on something you might want to make sure it was something they said first. And I know all life is life and that ppl spray their plants for mites and I never posted my opinion on that matter either. In fact I don't use pesticides for anything thank you very much. I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop presuming I believe one thing or another. I don't do that to you so it's only right you do the same.
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try not to use pesticides/fungicides nor antibiotics... aldough sometimes you just have to. (VERY rarely though.)
    they do more harm than good (aldough I'm sure you don't care about all those "lower" life forms because you are "superior" and "have the right" to do anything you want... if you don't like using them then it's b/c in the long run it would hurt YOU right?)
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well alphawolfh you are absolutly correct on the evolution part... anyway what i ment to have someone say is that hummingbirds are very advnced birds atonomicly. some would say the most advanced
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you mean the most specialized?
    I'd say that those I forget the name birds that live for years and years without ever touching land would be pretty specialized... and perigrine falcons that can swoop down REALLY REALLY fast and catch birds in mid-air...
    and hoatzins with their ability to eat tough and poisonous plants/fruits and w/ their claws as youngsters to be able to actually climb with 4 limbs...
    let's not forget parrots and woodpeckers!
    PS. it's "alphawolf" :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understand this: i love primitive animals, way more that specilized ones. I dont know why but the facinate me.
    Quote[/b] ]did you mean the most specialized?
    ya thats it. They have like 360-something species.

Quote[/b] ]I'd say that those I forget the name birds that live for years and years without ever touching land would be pretty specialized...
    I agree there very specilized and advanced, and also of very ancient liniage. The raptors are considerd to decend from this group. Parrots are also a old group and going strong! I love old groups. Its so cool to se how they adapt to changeing curcumstances.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take this wrong, but I feel that this is simply about trying to justify killing squirrels for fun in that one is higher on the food chain.

Apparently, since we humans know more and are "more aware"(this statement could be attacked in many ways, but I ain't gonna open another can o worms) then we should know not to waste time killing things when you could devise much more effective ways of protecting your plants.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis