Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 10 2004,8:26)]animal experimentation,animal neglect, canned hunts, poaching, and the list can go on and on and on and on.
    I think I'm gonna be sick.... I shouldn't be thinking about all this right before going to bed.
    and the bad thing is that most people don't realize how many stupid people doing stupid things there are in the world...
    people killing mice by putting them in a bucket of water and watch them swim until they're exausted and drown, people dumping gasoline on mice and lighting them on fire and laughing while saying that it looks like a little burning car...
    (my aunt used to do the former and my stepmom told me she once saw these guys doing the latter... but I've seen bad things myself)
    No one here said they were going to light a squirrels tail on fire [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] (well i sure hope not!) Theres a difference between animal torture and putting an animal down humanely (which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing) You talk about all this as if WE are the people that dont take note of all the stupid people doing stupid things in the world [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, You can rest assured that we (hopefully all of us, i sure am) arent animal abusers, and we DO care about the environment [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember once seeing on TV a squirrel that had been trained to water ski! now that was cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finch, finch, you are mistaken..just go and pull up hunting regulations in va or pa. It is just like crop damage on farmland. I've been doing this a LONG time. I know what is right and wrong and don't step over the boundaries...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finch, I'd love to know the source of your 'information'. mine is the virginia dgif regulations. or better yet, just call a game warden in roanoke, I did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, one more thing...noone gets all upset over these little guys getting hit by cars. just food for thought. interesting contradiction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ](which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing)
    that's if you somehow manage to shoot a small target (squirrel) on the head (even smaller target) that's on a tree, and probably moving about. If you don't hit it exactly right, you'll just hurt it (I don't think being shot feels very good) and it will probably fall to the ground spinning and hurt itself more (they can survive a 100 foot fall but if they're not hurt!), and then bleed to death or be hurt for the rest of its life.
    and you might say that most of them don't die like that... but a lot do. one of them dying like that is a good enough reason for me to buy the darned repellent.
    and shooting an animal just for fun IS animal abuse in my book. (I don't mind if you use everything you can... as long as it's not illegal or something!)

oh yeah... about the cars. well, they're mostly accidents and accidents happen. even my mom has ran over a dog... and many rabbits. But they were ALL accidents and I don't blame anyone if they kill anything by accident (unless you were going 1000 miles an hour without looking)
    now... if you can stop and you don't, .... I don't think you can say it here... and worse yet... if you go out of your way to run over a snake or something, I hope you die a hard horrible death.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my point is that I don't mind killing. there's no life without death. I realize that.... many people don't. They want every single human to live forever and have 1000 kids.
    when I DO mind killing is when you HATE something and you kill it for no good reason (or for stupid reasons... like people thinking cottonmouths are aggressive. I just saw a program on the disc. channel and they're NOT aggressive. yet people keep believing people that HATE snakes.OF COURSE they'll say bad things about them and misinterpret everything! They just want to justify their hate/fear for snakes! some people interpret tongue flicking as aggressiveness! for pete's sake just first LEARN! and then they completely ignore the people that STUDY them and work with them! I have no respect for those people.

and I wasn't saying that any of you do things like roundups and all I said above. I was saying that that kind of I'm superior and animals can't think or reason or something is exactly the attitude that makes those things possible.

and remember... never believe anything bad people say about animals... ask the experts (scientists)! and people believe other people that just shoot a cottonmouth at sight over scientists.... ugh!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate squirrels. I find them amusing to say the least. I am truly entertained by them while hunting deer. I was watching a pair chase one another and it reminded me of how my one gsd chases the other at times. they can be annoying. I don't hate them, but hate what they have done to cps at times. I don't shoot them for fun. I use a 12 ga. with no 8 shot. they are dead before they hit the ground. It isn't like you are shooting at a moving target. The squirrels around my property were well overpopulated. now there is a healthy population.