Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I hope you die a horrible death' that could be construed as a threat, not a good thing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

i happen to volenteer for the local game, fish and parks service, so i would know quite a bit. Our state is big on hunting A animal that steps onto someones land does not belong to whomever land its on at the time. goverment regulations regarding game species still apply to the species on private property, unless you own or bought it, (for example, deer.) You cant just hunt unlimidtly on your land, nor, as some mistaken landowners beleive (im not suggesting you do) that they can bait animals on thepr property and shoot at will the animals that come for the bait... well no, bacause with game species there are regulations on shooting in and out of the hunting season. Somespecies, like nonpest migratory songbirds, cant be shot legally at all. Pests, however are a exeption. If a pest is making itself a nucence on your peoperty, by all means you can erdicate it, if you follow local gun laws. But not managed game species that arnt being a nucence and just happen to be on your or a buddys property at the time.
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ Oct. 10 2004,12:07)]I find them amusing to say the least.
    I like the commercial where the two squirrels conspire to cause an auto accident. They then give each other the high-5 and say, in sqirrelese, "You da squirrel".

Don't remember what they were selling but the commercial was entertaining!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't specifically talking to you mcrwt, nor accusing you of anything... I was just talking to anyone that applies.
    and that's not a threat... that's a hope :P
    I think they were selling car insurance in that commercial jim ... maybe geicko?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i like squirrels! they are cute and i love their antics. i dont think you should ever kill something unless your in danger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... when there was a heated debate about not killing for fun, I was the only one that was arguing for squirrels... then the heated debate stops and everyone that likes squirrels or doesn't kill for fun suddenly appears...
    that's just my life story... standing alone...
    LOL
    hey... better saying it now then never [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    besides, i like debating. it would be fun to have a debate forum here... but many people wouldn't like it so I don't think that's likely to happen.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm haven't checked this thread in a few days. All I have to say is whatever you were trying to win you won. I still think of squirrels in the same league as the mud underneath my shoes. I still think of them as pests. I am also against Rattlesnake roundups (since rattlers eat squirrels none the less [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] But yes I am abstaining from this debate because I obviously have different ideas about animals then other people. Peace out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 10 2004,7:40)]
    Quote[/b] ](which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing)
    that's if you somehow manage to shoot a small target (squirrel) on the head (even smaller target) that's on a tree, and probably moving about. If you don't hit it exactly right, you'll just hurt it (I don't think being shot feels very good) and it will probably fall to the ground spinning and hurt itself more (they can survive a 100 foot fall but if they're not hurt!), and then bleed to death or be hurt for the rest of its life.
    and you might say that most of them don't die like that... but a lot do. one of them dying like that is a good enough reason for me to buy the darned repellent.
    and shooting an animal just for fun IS animal abuse in my book. (I don't mind if you use everything you can... as long as it's not illegal or something!)

oh yeah... about the cars. well, they're mostly accidents and accidents happen. even my mom has ran over a dog... and many rabbits. But they were ALL accidents and I don't blame anyone if they kill anything by accident (unless you were going 1000 miles an hour without looking)
    now... if you can stop and you don't, .... I don't think you can say it here... and worse yet... if you go out of your way to run over a snake or something, I hope you die a hard horrible death.

You keep referring to all these ideots and mongrels that kill animals to fun, then talk to us like we're the ones doing it... Believe me, i do not kill for fun, and killing a squirrel because it is trashing plants that I put long hard hours of work in is not abuse, its not torture, and its not for fun. It's for defence of my property. I should not have to let squirrels be able to trash up my yard cause its "not right to shoot an innocent animal". I bought a gun a few years ago when i actually had money, but now i dont, and i dont have money to go and buy a roll of 1/2 inch chicken wire for 50 bucks a roll (yes thats the going rate here).

And also, I am a good shot (kinda), I can hit a bullseye with a .22 50 yards away. Yes, every hunter misses at least once in his life, and the animal doesn't die instantly. That breaks the hunters heart, they do NOT like watching an animal lie on the ground helpless and in pain... They do their best to hit [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Quote[/b] ]for pete's sake just first LEARN!
    We all know, youve said it a million times, but you keep saying it to us, in a way, and I find it offensive somewhat, because its as if you're trying to tell us that we are the sick people killing animals for fun. W e D o n t K i l l F o r F u n ! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Now, Lets keep this debate from turning into a "your wrong im right" argument... We are all wrong and right in our own ways, and theres no need to break a back over it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Lets just keep this debate humane, I'd hate for it to be locked and all our questions go unanswered! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]