Likes Likes:  0
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,1:52)]lol, i got a chuckle out of that lol.

use humane traps, and if you must use death traps dont buy sticky paper, that's the least humane trap available. use repelants for fly's, dont give them a reason to come in in warm weather, and if you kill something give it to the cp's, they need love too!
    Believe or not I have actually used several different types of the humane traps and in my experience they are no where near as effective as the the snap trap style. The sticky traps are pointless in my opinion because they don't instantly kill the mouse plus they aren't reusable. AS for the flies our house is old and has lots of hidden cracks that they come into. We've tried the repellant. In fact we have used a three prong attack of repellants, flypaper, and flyswatters and the little buggers still come in. Oh well free food for my plants/firebellied toad.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

get rid of the food, get rid of the rats.block every entrance you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,10:57)]Thats what taxes are for. a little bit from everyone doesn't cost much for each person and the end result is great. that's like if every american sent me a dollar, i'd have over 280 million dollars and it wouldn't hurt anyone. even with the small amount of people who can't afford one dollar, i'd still have a very close amout to 280 mill.
    Taxes are high enough clint. And EVERYONE has to pay taxes reguardless of how much money they have. To them a dollar is a meal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Clint you are all against hunting but what do you grow? Plants that eat animals! Besides hunting is part of the food chain Humans just like any other animal need to eat and as we are omnivorous we find our food in both vegetable and animal matter. We need to eat just like anything else how do we do this by either raising our own food. Or scavenging it from the wild. And hunting isn`t very cruel the animal(if you`re a good shot) would only hurt for a few minutes. Yet in commercial egghouses(for lack of a better term) they keep 3 hens in a cage that is less then the size of the wingspan of 1 hen! And they have it slanted wire so the hens can never scratch like a chicken is supposed to do,they feed them hormones and antibiotics to pump up there egg laying capacity and they never even see the sun until that one day when they get slaughtered for makeing soup because they are no longer useful layers I raise chickens and we free range them(they have free run of the yard and then come to a nice lighted\heated barn for night times to prevent predators from eating them) and they are very inteligent and social creatures. This needs to be stopped it`s just too cruel. Along with goldfish bowls.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn`t have the heart to kill a chicken though. But if I was able to eat I would eat chicken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,11:00)]fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

Guess what? I have enough work to do.

Sorry clint but we just arent rich like you and can spend 500 dollars in one day on some humane animal equipment for some squirrel. (as you've said before)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,12:52)]lol, i got a chuckle out of that lol.

use humane traps, and if you must use death traps dont buy sticky paper, that's the least humane trap available. use repelants for fly's, dont give them a reason to come in in warm weather, and if you kill something give it to the cp's, they need love too!
    I agree with you on that those sticky traps are just inhumane. Personaly it bugs me whenever I see a mouse dead in a mouse trap. I felt realy guilty when I stepped on a baby chipmunk once and it`s mother went over to it and appeared to be crying I was so disheartened(Or should I say heartbroken) to see that especialy knowing it was my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 11 2004,2:00)]fine then, find other jobs. that's why i included "etc etc"

Didn't read my posts. The mice come into the house in the winter. They don't come for the food as we keep that stuff away. They come for the warmth and we've fileld as many holes in the house as we could find. Doesn't help that for every hole we plug a mouse manages to chew out several others. Anyways off to bed will continue this debate tomorrow. I am suprised how many responses this thread has gotten.