Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my veiw the worst hunting is for money (in endangerd animals) or the illegal pet trade.

Other than that, hunters are generally very supportive of conservation measures, and are a important and influental part of the enviormental ... uh ( at a loss for a word)... group?

And as i hear from hunters, its a sport like walking. Walking alot with a gun and hauling the results back.

How ever, if the human population increses mutch further there will be problems. Less animals to go around wuth less habitat to support them and more hunters means small bag limits + Dissatisfied hunters from the strict regulations = more poching
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont see anyone killing humans to lower the overpopulation.

and it's only sportsmanship if the hunter runs around naked with a spear. now days we have high tech telescopes, lasers, etc etc. while we are at it, let's give the deer a spear too.

and that was totally sarcastic to those of you who can't tell the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY COW! I leave for a couple of hours and BAM... this thread suddenly explodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]They smile when they kill deers. Get your facts straight man!
    (cough cough...) you mean DEER? deer is both singular and plural :P get your facts straight man! (LOL)
    before I go any further, let me say I'm not against hunting for food. I'd rather you eat an abundant wild animal that has had a free life roaming the wilderness than support breeding animals in little tiny cages under artificial lights and which may never feel grass under their feet... nor have sex! (oh the agony! LOL.... they do that with pigs)
    now.... about shooting squirrels....
    shooting squirrels will do nothing to prevent them from eating your plants.
    about sterilizing them... I say that's more effective than killing them because sterile animals mate with unsterile animals and therefore waste one full mating...
    Quote[/b] ] I raise chickens and we free range them(they have free run of the yard and then come to a nice lighted\heated barn for night times to prevent predators from eating them) and they are very inteligent and social creatures. This needs to be stopped it`s just too cruel. Along with goldfish bowls.
    yes.... exactly! and like he said, thank you.
    Quote[/b] ] so my hands blood (or whatever they have) free.
    yes, they have blood... but it works differently. insect blood only carries nutrients to the cells, not O2. they have a system of spiracles and trachiae etc. to deliver O2 to every single cell in their bodies.
    Quote[/b] ]These are ANIMALS we are talking about here... They arent HUMANS. They dont have the same level of AWARENESS as we do.
    I beg to disagree, HUMANS ARE ANIMALS.
    Quote[/b] ]Not animals,we were made by God to eat both plant and meat but if you can go by with just plant material fine Christ went with just plant material and fish all his life(I think Mary did too) but this wasn`t because eating meat is evil it`s because it`s a sacrafice to give up eating meat
    ugh... I beg to disagree with that too... I VERY VERY VERY VERY STRONGLY disagree... but I won't go into that... otherwise this post will NEVER end.
    Quote[/b] ]Basically what happens is that people get pissed off at each other because they do not understand their point of view
    I THINK I understand.... you just think that god created everything in the universe for the advantage of humans and that humans have the right to do anything with their "property" (I'm not talking about YOU travis... I don't even know you... just to the people that applies... once again)

Quote[/b] ]How ever, if the human population increses mutch further there will be problems
    there's already problems.
    did I show this link here already?
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs...24/humans.html
    Quote[/b] ]dont see anyone killing humans to lower the overpopulation.
    true... people are pests. they keep coming here and making the govt. pave more roads and clear more land and stuff...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]and it's only sportsmanship if the hunter runs around naked with a spear. now days we have high tech telescopes, lasers, etc etc. while we are at it, let's give the deer a spear too.
    OH! that's right. nowdays hunters can just go to the top of a tree, rub some pheromones on a tree, and have deer come to THEM... then they just shoot them at will.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and don't forget, not everyone believes in a god and in a issue like this, your religioun is irrelevent in my opinion.

ok ok you guys, it's not pick on clint day lol! deer, deers, you guys know what i mean [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Sheesh, I have good shot with a bb gun. I nailed a chipmunk off a log 50 feet away without my scope with a BB. BAM right in the ear. It was so dead no way it felt any pain. it just fell off and didnt move. It was sorta funny.
    VERY Punk indeed [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    I like to put myself in the position of the animal, however small or large, if I were to kill it. I don't think just because you killed an animal (including humans) entitles you to the rank of
    "tough shot" (I'm sure many people do, not necessarily on these forums).

Meat is delicious, I agree, as long as I know where it comes from and what it contains. I'd eat free range any day, but the flesh that contains hormones, steroids, anti-biotics, and even cancerous growth (approved by the USDA as safe), and who knows what else, I'd rather stay away from as much as possible. Also it's not necessarily how the animal is killed that sickens me, it's the way they're brought up.

As for hunting goes, as long as one eats the animal or they need to be kept in check I'm fine with. I hope all you hunters with mounted heads have eaten the delicious brain and eyeballs eh! Alot goes to waste otherwise [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] I agree with everything Finch just said.

And as far as a human's position in nature goes, we may be the most [intellectually] advanced creature walking the face of this planet, but that's merely our perspective. We're the only ones wasting food, killing each other off for selfish purposes, humiliate, dishonour the position of being so "intelligent", and carrying our island to hell in a handbasket. Speaking of humans as superior is just plain narcissistic in my opinion. Then again all my university modules preach evolution.

And yes, squirrels need to be controlled, but there are massive differences between wanting to, having to, and needing to. If all three criteria meet, great![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry for the ranting and off-topicness, I had to let it out. Whew I feel alot better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]dont see anyone killing humans to lower the overpopulation.
    That are what wars are for. -.-

At any rate personally I don't really like hunters a whole lot. But if they eat the meat rather then just leaving the body there it bothers me less. One thing does bother me though. When an animal attacks a person they are usally killed. But when a human kill a dozen people they are thrown in jail. Am I the only one who thinks this is quorky? Why should animals be treated any different from people? At least animals in general don't know any better and kill out of instincts, while humans know what they are doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because "animals aren't people" hmph.. absurd, but non-human animals don't pay taxes so maybe that's why [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]