What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War on squirrels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Red squrells ae an intoroduced species, the grey ones where there originaly

naw you got it backward. Look it up the greys are from america and the reds are now very rare

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 20 2004,11:20)]Chipmunks?  They never bother my stuff... Only the squirels and occasional blue jay.  We have more chipmunks than anything else, too.  

Are you sure you don't have striped ground squirels?  They do look an aweful lot like chipmuncks.
Chipmunks are cute... I love them!

Squirrels, I like cause of their big fat tails... But they're good eating!

*loads ak 47 ozzy gave him, and opens fire on squirrel, using all 100 bullets in drum magazine, but missing the squirrel completely, hitting windows and all kinds of stuff*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Chipmunks are cute... I love them!
and squirrels aren't? they're cute, smart, funny, and amazing.
they can fall 100 feet and walk off unharmed. They're also smart as hell! they can get into almost any bird feeder!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]they can fall 100 feet and walk off unharmed

not with cement feet they cant! HAHAHAHAH

no, i have never done that to a squirrle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 21 2004,3:15)]they can fall 100 feet and walk off unharmed. They're also smart as hell! they can get into almost any bird feeder!
uh, and that makes them cute?

no, the first thing makes them amazing, the second makes them smart and funny (hey... I find it funny watching them in their acrobatics and fooling people
biggrin.gif
)

I have tons of squirrels and chipmonks in my yard and I have never had a problem.

Just wanted to rub it in. Of course now that I've posted this my whole collection will probably be wiped out.

Glenn

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 20 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Chipmunks are cute... I love them!
and squirrels aren't? they're cute, smart, funny, and amazing.
they can fall 100 feet and walk off unharmed. They're also smart as hell! they can get into almost any bird feeder!
So are bugs.

So can bugs.

So can bugs.

I'm really not seeing a difference.

Name an animal you don't like, Wolf. Do it. I have a surprise for you.

bugs aren't funny... nor cute, NOR smart There's a great deal of difference.
roaches and mosquitoes. that's all
they're not cute, they ARE amazing (cockroaches can live 9 days without their head!), I don't know how you could consider them funny, OR smart.
there you go... 1 of 4...
BESIDES... I don't HATE them nor go around saying I hate them and want their whole species extinct (even if it is a joke :p)  I just kill them when they bite me or get close to my house.

squirrels aren't funny... nor cute, NOR smart There's not a great deal of difference.
squirrels and other squirrels. thats all
they're not cute, they ARE amazing (they can live through 9 peltings with cold water in cold weather and make me really angry!), I don't know how you could consider squirrels funny, NOR smart.
there you go... 1 on 1...
BESIDES... I do HATE them and go around saying I hate them but I realize that killing off their species would seriously disrupt the ecosystem.. I mean, hell, what would be left to use for target practise (and that's not a joke)? I just try to kill them when they bite my plants or get close to my house.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 20 2004,4:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Red squrells ae an intoroduced species, the grey ones where there originaly

naw you got it backward. Look it up the greys are from america and the reds are now very rare
Actually the grey ones are incredibly rare here. The reds are much more common.

FOR EVERY SQUIRREL THAT IS KILLED, SEND ME THE TAILS< I WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]squirrels aren't funny... nor cute, NOR smart
you obviously haven't really looked at squirrels. they're smart as hell.
cute and funny are opinions... but the majority of people would agree with me.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know how you could consider squirrels funny, NOR smart.
(that's ... squirrels funny, OR smart... not "nor")
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] use for target practise
and that's "practice"

now... THIS is funny! http://www.geocities.com/nickedemis/smart.html
I don't think it proves they're smart, but they ARE funny.
and the fact that they can fool us and get into things we don't want them to proves to me that they're smart as hell. You can make an obstacle course for them and they'll be pretty quick to figure it out.
bugs don't get close.

How do you know that picture isnt edited?
I think it matters ont he squrel itself if its nice..I ahve seen vicious and placid squirrels.

I htink they are cute too.
smile.gif

ps... if you say they PEE on you, they must be REALLY smart to know who hates them. I had never heard of anyone beeing peed on by squirrels.

I don't KNOW it's not edited... but it doesn't LOOK edited and I think that it would be easy to see a squirrel doing that. leave a toothbrush out and a curious squirrel (I also love their curiousity... must be because I'm curious too :p) will pick it up to see it.
and even if you DO think it's edited and don't believe that could have happened, it's funny looking at them with a mouthfull of leaves or something... and it's also funny looking at them when it's raining and how they use their tail for protection... etc..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,3:55)]I don't KNOW it's not edited... but it doesn't LOOK edited and I think that it would be easy to see a squirrel doing that. leave a toothbrush out and a curious squirrel (I also love their curiousity... must be because I'm curious too :p) will pick it up to see it.
and even if you DO think it's edited and don't believe that could have happened, it's funny looking at them with a mouthfull of leaves or something... and it's also funny looking at them when it's raining and how they use their tail for protection... etc..
The toothbrush looks like they put a dab of peanut butter on it, but it is a funny pic.

I lived in Missouri for a few years when I was a kid and one of my favorite things to do was watch the squirrels chase each other around and play in the trees.

You guys don't like Furry stuff either? Me too!

I said look it up starman, the info is all over the internet. Like

Status and Distribution
The red squirrel is Britain's only native squirrel. The Latin name for the UK red squirrel is Sciurus Vulgaris, and is the same species as the European red squirrel found in Scandinavia and North West Europe. Red squirrels live in woodlands and used to be found throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Unfortunately, red squirrel populations in this country have declined greatly over the past 100 years. The range of the reds has also contracted, to the extent that throughout most of England, Wales and Southern Scotland the species has now disappeared.

The main reason for this change is that the grey squirrel is replacing the red. The grey squirrel is native to North America, and following its introduction to England in 1876 it has become incredibly successful. This is an example of how man can introduce an alien species, and without thinking cause a negative impact upon our native wildlife. As well as competition with the grey, red squirrel populations have also been damaged by disease and the break up of their woodland habitats.

The total number of red squirrels in the UK is estimated at 161 000. Of these, only 30 000 are in England, 121 000 in Scotland and 10 000 in Wales. This compares with a grey squirrel population for the UK of around 2 520 000, with around 2 million in England. In England that means the red is outnumbered 66 : 1!

There are isolated populations of red squirrels on Brownsea Island (Dorset), the Isle of Wight and in Thetford Forest (Nolfolk). Only a few thousand red squirrels remain in Wales and the species is still found in parts of Northern England where the grey squirrel has not become well established. Around 85 per cent of England's red squirrels can now be found in Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland and North Lancashire. Red squirrels are still common in parts of the Scottish

from http://www.wildlifetrust.org.uk/durham/RedAlert/RedSqUK.html

use the serch keywords "grey squirrels in England"

and

eheheheh

*taunts starman*

The amarican knows more about squirrls in England than a Englishman does
smile_n_32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back