Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Clint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I like to put myself in the position of the animal, however small or large, if I were to kill it
    Quote[/b] ]And as far as a human's position in nature goes, we may be the most [intellectually] advanced creature walking the face of this planet, but that's merely our perspective. We're the only ones wasting food, killing each other off for selfish purposes, humiliate, dishonour the position of being so "intelligent", and carrying our island to hell in a handbasket. Speaking of humans as superior is just plain narcissistic in my opinion. Then again all my university modules preach evolution.
    YES!
    and why wouldn't they "preach" evolution?

Quote[/b] ] One thing does bother me though. When an animal attacks a person they are usally killed. But when a human kill a dozen people they are thrown in jail. Am I the only one who thinks this is quorky?
    nope.
    Quote[/b] ]At least animals in general don't know any better and kill out of instincts
    sure, blame everything on instincts.
    many times animals attack humans because they've been starving or are sick or it was a mistake or they've got plastic or something in their intestines.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]and why wouldn't they "preach" evolution?
    Maybe it has something to do with taking a joint major of Biological Conservation (formerly known as Ecology), and Physical Geography, with Society & Environment, and Apes to Humans as electives.
    When I say preach one particular tutor comes to mind, heheh, and he's so obsessed with evolution. So was I from the time I learned to read.

Quote[/b] ]many times animals attack humans because they've been starving or are sick or it was a mistake or they've got plastic or something in their intestines.
    And in the case of sharks, they just wanted a little nippit to see what a human tastes like (many times due to misleading shapes of surfboards and the likes -- mistakes, like Alpha said)! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love arguing w/ creationists/non-believers about evolution too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I've never found anyone that gives good scientific proof for not believing evolution.... and I give them all the proof in the world and they STILL don't believe... go figure!
    that's why my signature says:
    people ignore facts that are inconvenient to them & believe ideas that are convenient to them.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep!!
    Quote[/b] ]I love arguing w/ creationists/non-believers about evolution too
    Good times, good times... Ah one of the joys of having lived in Grand Rapids, MI. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for talking about how God made us to eat meat, God made the animals to feed us etc. etc. etc., I dont think that should be included in this dicussion. IMO all discussion of religion should be left to strictly religious discussions because some people may be offended by something said or may disagree. As a nature-based forum it is VERY probable that there will be people that follow nature-based religions. Just a little food for thought.
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! want to die of laughter? (either that or die of disappointment in humans for being so darn stupid)
    http://www.anzwers.org/free/livedragons/evolutio.htm
    if you believe something they say, tell me so I can prove it wrong :P (IE. the dead "mystery sea monster" w/ the bony plates and stuff.... it's a sturgeon... they actually get caviar from them. and if I recall correctly, the baluga sturgeon is the fish that makes the world's most expensive caviar!![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] )
    they FARM sturgeons!
    so... you see... please don't believe what those stupid people say... not a word... if you go there, go as an amusement thing :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like fyrespryte said, we should tone down quite a bit. I think I'll go to sleep now (1:10am) and not return to this post for a week to see how it .evolves. (come on, from war on squirrels to... what are we talking about again?)
    I appreciate your input fyrespryte, I really do. Thanks for your warning![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Amori