Likes Likes:  0
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like you have a bunch of fish and BANG! out pops a salamander or something?

this topic does not need to be locked, everyone is being civil, although a few are being upset.

thank you fyre, some people need to realize this and stop being so militant about religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why do you say that?
    well... I think that if there's available habitats or food sources or whatever, yes, species evolve faster (like when plants began to grow on land) but like today that nature is so finely tuned, I believe they're evolving VERY slowly. almost any mutation you could have will be bad.
    edit: that doesn't mean ALL mutations are bad. there are actually a few examples of good mutations in humans.... it also depends on the environment you're in.
    Some people in italy (I think) have a mutation that makes them umm.... well, they're not hurt by cholesterol as much.
    and many people have sickle celled aneimia in africa because malaria is less able to attack if you have that mutation... and since there's so much malaria there, the "healthy" people (without anemia) die and the "sick" ones live.
    another edit (darn... I edit too much!): I don't think this topic should be locked either. this is fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why did i say what? i was replying to grim's post.
    it's not as simple as he makes it sound [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no no... I was also replying to grim's post :P
    I know... it's NEVER that simple. people like to believe life is black and white but it's not! there are 1000 shades of gray in between.
    aldough I think he meant that species usually suddenly evolve really fast and then they slow down for a whilte.... then BAM they evolve fast ...etc.
    right?
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To combine squirrels and religion, my wife told me this story from her church experience growing up. A woman incharge of the a womens organization of her local congregation in Plano, Texas had a squirrel problem in her back yard. She solved the problem by shooting them with a 22 caliber rifle. When she brough up this subject in church circles people would ask, "What if you miss?". You see, Plano is a rich, highly populated area, and people there are concerned about their life and property. She would always answer the question, "Don't worry, I never miss."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while we're on the topic of species and such, what would you consider humans? i've always been afraid to ask because i figured someone would label me a racist (hey i'm gay so why would i be racist?)

would you consider modern humans (homo sapiens) to have species? for example, would you consider africans to be the original? would you consider caucasians, asians, etc etc a "subspecies"?

or have have we bred beyond the point of that? it's a mixed up world...

i've been pondering that question forever but i've been afraid to ask [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually, homo sapiens would be neandarthals or however you spell it we are/were homo sapiens sapiens. a subspecies of neandarthals LOL.... aldough since they're extinct now, I guess we're now only homo sapiens? or are we still homo sapiens sapiens?
    I WOULD consider different races as subspecies. after all, a subspecies is:
    "groupings or populations within a species that are distinguishable by morphological characteristics or, sometimes, by physiological or behavioural traits. "
    I'd say humans are distinguishable by morphological characteristics and physiological and behavioral traits...
    but I've never heard of a subspecies of humans so I guess people don't want to create more racism by dividing humans into subspecies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought nerandertals were homo neandertalis ( i probably butchered that spelling lol)

i didn't know they we are a subspecies to homo neandertalis (or whatever they are called). i really don't think we should be because we are quite physically and mentally different.