Likes Likes:  0
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i really don't think we should be because we are quite physically and mentally different.
    eeeh... that doesn't make sense :P
    anyway, ugh... I hate taxonomy :P
    so similar, in fact, that in 1964, it was proposed that Neanderthals are not even a separate species from modern humans, but that the two forms represent two subspecies: Homo sapiens neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens sapiens. This classification was popular through the 1970's and 80's, although many authors today have returned to the previous two-species hypothesis. Either way, Neanderthals represent a very close evolutionary relative of modern humans.
    from: http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/ha/neand.htm
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it makes sense to me lol. they were extremely muscular, short, squatty, didn't use as much of their brain as we do (we only use like 10 percent right?) their jaw and bone strusture was different, heavier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]we only use like 10 percent right
    AHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wrong!!!!!
    http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm
    Quote[/b] ]Someone
    has taken most of your brain away and you probably didn't even know it. Well, not taken your brain away, exactly, but decided that you don't use it. It's the old myth heard time and again about how people use only ten percent of their brains. While for the people who repeat that myth, it's probably true, the rest of us happily use all of our brains.
    ROFLMAO!!! HA HA HA!!! (note I didn't say it... THEY did!)
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woah boy was i wrong!

i didn't think it made any sense to have all that extra goop in our heads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While for the people who repeat that myth, it's probably true, the rest of us happily use all of our brains.

HA HA HA!!!!! that's just way too hilarious!!!! I LOVE that sentence (not that I think it's true with you or anything...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.....

you never know

school science textbooks are a load of crap these days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evolution on a grand scale has lots of proof and i s considerd the norm.

Like.. its now known some carnivorus Dinosaurs had fethers, incuding a close releteve of t-rex. its now suspected velocarapter had fethers and with the archyopteryx find it is now a accepted fact that birds evolved from dinasaurs. So Dinos didnt go without leaving any desendants after all.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and some people think that dinosaurs (at least some of them) might have been warm blooded.
    crocodiles have a sort of warm bloodyness to them. They sort of heat themselves by contracting their muscles. Pythons also do that sort of. They "shiver" when they're incubating their eggs. they're good mommys [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    it's interesting how two of the most "primitive" animals (NOT lower!!!!) have a warm bloodyness to them... maybe ectotherms evolved from endotherms.... not the other way around. (I'm talking about reptiles... ofcourse bacteria are ectotherms and so on)
    edit: besides the amnsmoex find (LOL... sp?), birds also have scales on their feet, feathers and scales are made up of the same thing (keratin... as are nails, hair, and even skin has some keratin... oh, and rhino horns which are made up of tightly compacted hairs)
    so anyway, many birds also have vestigial (useless) wing claws. I've seen them in chickens.
    hoatzins also have wing claws but they use them as young'uns to climb branches and other stuff b/c they can't fly yet.
    wanna know more about feathers?
    http://www.earthlife.net/birds/feathers.html
    nature' so amazing... what you can learn from a "simple" thing like feathers...