What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War on squirrels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squirrels for me is a love/hate relationship. The buggers are so drat annoying-they used to watch and wait(along with scrub jays) until the figs were ripe and then steal them all. Now we individually bag each one to protect them. Amusing when nothing else is happening though. One of my friends has a pack of dogs which regularly catch and eat ground squirrels.

Plantslikebugs: Just curious, but why do you want the tails? do you tie flies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't know how you could consider squirrels funny, NOR smart.
(that's ... squirrels funny, OR smart... not "nor")
Really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 21 2004 @ 12:18)]I don't know how you could consider them funny, NOR smart.
Joke's on you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,11:55)]I don't KNOW it's not edited... but it doesn't LOOK edited and I think that it would be easy to see a squirrel doing that. leave a toothbrush out and a curious squirrel (I also love their curiousity... must be because I'm curious too :p) will pick it up to see it.
and even if you DO think it's edited and don't believe that could have happened, it's funny looking at them with a mouthfull of leaves or something... and it's also funny looking at them when it's raining and how they use their tail for protection... etc..
The famous Loch Ness Monster photograph by that surgeoun years ago didn't look edited either. But it WAS. And your photo only shows a squirrell eating peanut butter off of a toothbrush. CAN NOBODY ELSE SEE THIS.

And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.

Hey homeslices! *picks up a toothbrush and actually uses it* Check. Me. Out. I'M SO KEWL!!

*starts raining outside* *uses bark for protection* LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO KEWL!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.
there. you admit they're smart.
and that pic IS funny. squirrels do funny things.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Joke's on you.
typo

so you think someone actually edited that picture?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.
are they funny, and cute too? They do things b/c they're stupid... not b/c they're smart.

I KNOW they're smart. That doesn't mean I LIKE them.

HEY! *eats peanut butter off of a toothbrush* I'M SO SMART!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]HEY! *eats peanut butter off of a toothbrush* I'M SO SMART!
I didn't give that example to prove they're smart.
stop twisting everything I say!

No, I don't think anyone edited that picture. I was just stating that a picture CAN be edited VERY well and not look edited at all. I'm also saying there's peanut butter on the toothbrush. I guess it's just me, but I don't find an animal eating peanut butter THAT hilarious.

I'm not twisting your words. That's what you did to me over in the pizza topic.

I don't even care anymore. This is RIDICULOUS. If you have ANYTHING more to say to me, IM me. Don't say anything else to me here, because I don't intend to reply to this topic again, and anyone who knows me knows I'm too headstrong to NOT come back at a fire at me in an argument. I'm not the kind to just "walk away" from an argument, so IM me if you have anything else to say to me directly.

ok, but for anyone who comes along and reads it, let me just clarify
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was just stating that a picture CAN be edited VERY well and not look edited at all.
the lock ness picture wasn't edited. it was staged but not edited.

ok, I only read the last page here, but from what i see i have to take FTG's side (what a miracle)... Squirrels are smart, nasty little nice guys that need to be KILLED if they come close to your cps... Hey, they make good dog toys too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Sep. 22 2004,2:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 20 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Chipmunks are cute... I love them!
and squirrels aren't? they're cute, smart, funny, and amazing.
they can fall 100 feet and walk off unharmed. They're also smart as hell! they can get into almost any bird feeder!
So are bugs.

So can bugs.

So can bugs.

I'm really not seeing a difference.

Name an animal you don't like, Wolf. Do it. I have a surprise for you.
Yea but bugs have EXOSKELETONS... They go crack splatter

Squirrels go splatter crunch
smile_m_32.gif

I highly doubt a common squirrel could survive a 100 foot fall... But a glider most probably would.

And flytrapgurl... when a human picks up a toothbrush in the dirt and puts it in his/her mouth... thats not "kewl" or smart, for a human.

Yes pictures can be edited and shaded to suit and exxagerate what that person saw... but it's usually easy to detect
smile.gif

I dont see why you could find maggots, flies, and beetles cute and cuddly FTG

action-smiley-011.gif

action-smiley-017.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 25 2004,1:07)]Actually the grey ones are incredibly rare here. The reds are much more common.
Finch is right. Red squirrels are very rare in this country and if you have lots where you live then you should consider yourself lucky to see them. I haven't seen a red where I live in around 25 years now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They have been observed to fall 100 feet and run away unharmed
http://members.aol.com/ChucknBarb/foodavoidance.html
I also heard that in some program in TV.... I think it was the discovery channel before it turned to crap.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] from what i see i have to take FTG's side (what a miracle)...
well, because I'M in the equation it's no miracle. I always end up being the only one defending animals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I think it was the discovery channel before it turned to crap

(sigh) You are right i wonder what happened

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Oct. 02 2004,8:39)]I dont see why you could find maggots, flies, and beetles cute and cuddly FTG
I don't.. I was just making a point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 02 2004,2:10)]well, because I'M in the equation it's no miracle. I always end up being the only one defending animals.
Hey, I always defend the animals. Except when it comes to squirells. They're the only animal other than mosquitos I truly don't like.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Oct. 02 2004,10:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 03 2004,12:51)]
action-smiley-011.gif

action-smiley-017.gif
riiiiight....
*fits with laughter* You guys crack me up..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 14 2004,5:31)]"The way I look at it, it is my property and they are tresspassing and we all know what happens to tresspassers... And squirrels = Satan. They are too smart for their own good. "

the way I look at it, you tresspassed first into their "property" and are now trying to kick them out of their property.
Been a while since I checked up on this anyways... They ARE tresspassing on my property. I was born there and lived there for 20 years. Therefor I have the right to turn them into a red stain on the ground. They are good for nothing pests with Satan in their heart. They are the only animal that is 100% evil and need to be eradicated. The war on squirrels will be won.

I know on the East Coast of the US and S. Missouri, there were grey squirrels. In the midwest(Nebraska at least) we have red squirrels(are they native to the US?) and in some parts of Omaha(Have you seen them Superimposed), I have seen black ones. I do not have any outside plants, but I did have a bale of peat outside(with a tapr protecting it from weather , and I found a walnut, clomplete with surrounding fruit buried within the bale. I figured a squirrel did it. That is my only problem, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back