Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: War on squirrels!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,3:55)]I don't KNOW it's not edited... but it doesn't LOOK edited and I think that it would be easy to see a squirrel doing that. leave a toothbrush out and a curious squirrel (I also love their curiousity... must be because I'm curious too :P) will pick it up to see it.
    and even if you DO think it's edited and don't believe that could have happened, it's funny looking at them with a mouthfull of leaves or something... and it's also funny looking at them when it's raining and how they use their tail for protection... etc..
    The toothbrush looks like they put a dab of peanut butter on it, but it is a funny pic.

I lived in Missouri for a few years when I was a kid and one of my favorite things to do was watch the squirrels chase each other around and play in the trees.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys don't like Furry stuff either? Me too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said look it up starman, the info is all over the internet. Like

Status and Distribution
    The red squirrel is Britain's only native squirrel. The Latin name for the UK red squirrel is Sciurus Vulgaris, and is the same species as the European red squirrel found in Scandinavia and North West Europe. Red squirrels live in woodlands and used to be found throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Unfortunately, red squirrel populations in this country have declined greatly over the past 100 years. The range of the reds has also contracted, to the extent that throughout most of England, Wales and Southern Scotland the species has now disappeared.

The main reason for this change is that the grey squirrel is replacing the red. The grey squirrel is native to North America, and following its introduction to England in 1876 it has become incredibly successful. This is an example of how man can introduce an alien species, and without thinking cause a negative impact upon our native wildlife. As well as competition with the grey, red squirrel populations have also been damaged by disease and the break up of their woodland habitats.

The total number of red squirrels in the UK is estimated at 161 000. Of these, only 30 000 are in England, 121 000 in Scotland and 10 000 in Wales. This compares with a grey squirrel population for the UK of around 2 520 000, with around 2 million in England. In England that means the red is outnumbered 66 : 1!

There are isolated populations of red squirrels on Brownsea Island (Dorset), the Isle of Wight and in Thetford Forest (Nolfolk). Only a few thousand red squirrels remain in Wales and the species is still found in parts of Northern England where the grey squirrel has not become well established. Around 85 per cent of England's red squirrels can now be found in Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland and North Lancashire. Red squirrels are still common in parts of the Scottish

from http://www.wildlifetrust.org.uk/durh...t/RedSqUK.html
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use the serch keywords "grey squirrels in England"

and

eheheheh

*taunts starman*

The amarican knows more about squirrls in England than a Englishman does [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squirrels for me is a love/hate relationship. The buggers are so drat annoying-they used to watch and wait(along with scrub jays) until the figs were ripe and then steal them all. Now we individually bag each one to protect them. Amusing when nothing else is happening though. One of my friends has a pack of dogs which regularly catch and eat ground squirrels.

Plantslikebugs: Just curious, but why do you want the tails? do you tie flies?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,11:45)]
    Quote[/b] ]I don't know how you could consider squirrels funny, NOR smart.
    (that's ... squirrels funny, OR smart... not "nor")
    Really.

Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 21 2004 @ 12:18)]I don't know how you could consider them funny, NOR smart.
    Joke's on you.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,11:55)]I don't KNOW it's not edited... but it doesn't LOOK edited and I think that it would be easy to see a squirrel doing that. leave a toothbrush out and a curious squirrel (I also love their curiousity... must be because I'm curious too :P) will pick it up to see it.
    and even if you DO think it's edited and don't believe that could have happened, it's funny looking at them with a mouthfull of leaves or something... and it's also funny looking at them when it's raining and how they use their tail for protection... etc..
    The famous Loch Ness Monster photograph by that surgeoun years ago didn't look edited either. But it WAS. And your photo only shows a squirrell eating peanut butter off of a toothbrush. CAN NOBODY ELSE SEE THIS.

And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.

Hey homeslices! *picks up a toothbrush and actually uses it* Check. Me. Out. I'M SO KEWL!!

*starts raining outside* *uses bark for protection* LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO KEWL!!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.
    there. you admit they're smart.
    and that pic IS funny. squirrels do funny things.
    Quote[/b] ]Joke's on you.
    typo

so you think someone actually edited that picture?
    Quote[/b] ]And hey, criminals are smart too. That don't mean I like 'em.
    are they funny, and cute too? They do things b/c they're stupid... not b/c they're smart.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast