What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War on squirrels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 10 2004,8:26)]animal experimentation,animal neglect, canned hunts, poaching, and the list can go on and on and on and on.
I think I'm gonna be sick.... I shouldn't be thinking about all this right before going to bed.
and the bad thing is that most people don't realize how many stupid people doing stupid things there are in the world...
people killing mice by putting them in a bucket of water and watch them swim until they're exausted and drown, people dumping gasoline on mice and lighting them on fire and laughing while saying that it looks like a little burning car...
(my aunt used to do the former and my stepmom told me she once saw these guys doing the latter... but I've seen bad things myself)
No one here said they were going to light a squirrels tail on fire
smile_m_32.gif
(well i sure hope not!) Theres a difference between animal torture and putting an animal down humanely (which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing) You talk about all this as if WE are the people that dont take note of all the stupid people doing stupid things in the world
confused.gif

Anyway, You can rest assured that we (hopefully all of us, i sure am) arent animal abusers, and we DO care about the environment
smile.gif

I remember once seeing on TV a squirrel that had been trained to water ski! now that was cool!

finch, finch, you are mistaken..just go and pull up hunting regulations in va or pa. It is just like crop damage on farmland. I've been doing this a LONG time. I know what is right and wrong and don't step over the boundaries...

finch, I'd love to know the source of your 'information'. mine is the virginia dgif regulations. or better yet, just call a game warden in roanoke, I did

oh, one more thing...noone gets all upset over these little guys getting hit by cars. just food for thought. interesting contradiction

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing)
that's if you somehow manage to shoot a small target (squirrel) on the head (even smaller target) that's on a tree, and probably moving about. If you don't hit it exactly right, you'll just hurt it (I don't think being shot feels very good) and it will probably fall to the ground spinning and hurt itself more (they can survive a 100 foot fall but if they're not hurt!), and then bleed to death or be hurt for the rest of its life.
and you might say that most of them don't die like that... but a lot do. one of them dying like that is a good enough reason for me to buy the darned repellent.
and shooting an animal just for fun IS animal abuse in my book. (I don't mind if you use everything you can... as long as it's not illegal or something!)

oh yeah... about the cars. well, they're mostly accidents and accidents happen. even my mom has ran over a dog... and many rabbits. But they were ALL accidents and I don't blame anyone if they kill anything by accident (unless you were going 1000 miles an hour without looking)
now... if you can stop and you don't, .... I don't think you can say it here... and worse yet... if you go out of your way to run over a snake or something, I hope you die a hard horrible death.

my point is that I don't mind killing. there's no life without death. I realize that.... many people don't. They want every single human to live forever and have 1000 kids.
when I DO mind killing is when you HATE something and you kill it for no good reason (or for stupid reasons... like people thinking cottonmouths are aggressive. I just saw a program on the disc. channel and they're NOT aggressive. yet people keep believing people that HATE snakes.OF COURSE they'll say bad things about them and misinterpret everything! They just want to justify their hate/fear for snakes! some people interpret tongue flicking as aggressiveness! for pete's sake just first LEARN! and then they completely ignore the people that STUDY them and work with them! I have no respect for those people.

and I wasn't saying that any of you do things like roundups and all I said above. I was saying that that kind of I'm superior and animals can't think or reason or something is exactly the attitude that makes those things possible.

and remember... never believe anything bad people say about animals... ask the experts (scientists)! and people believe other people that just shoot a cottonmouth at sight over scientists.... ugh!

I don't hate squirrels. I find them amusing to say the least. I am truly entertained by them while hunting deer. I was watching a pair chase one another and it reminded me of how my one gsd chases the other at times. they can be annoying. I don't hate them, but hate what they have done to cps at times. I don't shoot them for fun. I use a 12 ga. with no 8 shot. they are dead before they hit the ground. It isn't like you are shooting at a moving target. The squirrels around my property were well overpopulated. now there is a healthy population.

'I hope you die a horrible death' that could be construed as a threat, not a good thing...

well,
smile.gif

i happen to volenteer for the local game, fish and parks service, so i would know quite a bit. Our state is big on hunting A animal that steps onto someones land does not belong to whomever land its on at the time. goverment regulations regarding game species still apply to the species on private property, unless you own or bought it, (for example, deer.) You cant just hunt unlimidtly on your land, nor, as some mistaken landowners beleive (im not suggesting you do) that they can bait animals on thepr property and shoot at will the animals that come for the bait... well no, bacause with game species there are regulations on shooting in and out of the hunting season. Somespecies, like nonpest migratory songbirds, cant be shot legally at all. Pests, however are a exeption. If a pest is making itself a nucence on your peoperty, by all means you can erdicate it, if you follow local gun laws. But not managed game species that arnt being a nucence and just happen to be on your or a buddys property at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ Oct. 10 2004,12:07)]I find them amusing to say the least.
I like the commercial where the two squirrels conspire to cause an auto accident. They then give each other the high-5 and say, in sqirrelese, "You da squirrel".

Don't remember what they were selling but the commercial was entertaining!

I wasn't specifically talking to you mcrwt, nor accusing you of anything... I was just talking to anyone that applies.
and that's not a threat... that's a hope :p
I think they were selling car insurance in that commercial jim ... maybe geicko?

well i like squirrels! they are cute and i love their antics. i dont think you should ever kill something unless your in danger.

hmmm... when there was a heated debate about not killing for fun, I was the only one that was arguing for squirrels... then the heated debate stops and everyone that likes squirrels or doesn't kill for fun suddenly appears...
that's just my life story... standing alone...
LOL
hey... better saying it now then never
biggrin.gif

besides, i like debating. it would be fun to have a debate forum here... but many people wouldn't like it so I don't think that's likely to happen.

Hmm haven't checked this thread in a few days. All I have to say is whatever you were trying to win you won. I still think of squirrels in the same league as the mud underneath my shoes. I still think of them as pests. I am also against Rattlesnake roundups (since rattlers eat squirrels none the less
smile_m_32.gif
But yes I am abstaining from this debate because I obviously have different ideas about animals then other people. Peace out

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 10 2004,7:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ](which does include shooting it, theyre gone instantly and dont feel a thing)
that's if you somehow manage to shoot a small target (squirrel) on the head (even smaller target) that's on a tree, and probably moving about. If you don't hit it exactly right, you'll just hurt it (I don't think being shot feels very good) and it will probably fall to the ground spinning and hurt itself more (they can survive a 100 foot fall but if they're not hurt!), and then bleed to death or be hurt for the rest of its life.
and you might say that most of them don't die like that... but a lot do. one of them dying like that is a good enough reason for me to buy the darned repellent.
and shooting an animal just for fun IS animal abuse in my book. (I don't mind if you use everything you can... as long as it's not illegal or something!)

oh yeah... about the cars. well, they're mostly accidents and accidents happen. even my mom has ran over a dog... and many rabbits. But they were ALL accidents and I don't blame anyone if they kill anything by accident (unless you were going 1000 miles an hour without looking)
now... if you can stop and you don't, .... I don't think you can say it here... and worse yet... if you go out of your way to run over a snake or something, I hope you die a hard horrible death.

You keep referring to all these ideots and mongrels that kill animals to fun, then talk to us like we're the ones doing it... Believe me, i do not kill for fun, and killing a squirrel because it is trashing plants that I put long hard hours of work in is not abuse, its not torture, and its not for fun. It's for defence of my property. I should not have to let squirrels be able to trash up my yard cause its "not right to shoot an innocent animal". I bought a gun a few years ago when i actually had money, but now i dont, and i dont have money to go and buy a roll of 1/2 inch chicken wire for 50 bucks a roll (yes thats the going rate here).

And also, I am a good shot (kinda), I can hit a bullseye with a .22 50 yards away. Yes, every hunter misses at least once in his life, and the animal doesn't die instantly. That breaks the hunters heart, they do NOT like watching an animal lie on the ground helpless and in pain... They do their best to hit
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]for pete's sake just first LEARN!

We all know, youve said it a million times, but you keep saying it to us, in a way, and I find it offensive somewhat, because its as if you're trying to tell us that we are the sick people killing animals for fun. W e  D o n t  K i l l  F o r  F u n !
smile_h_32.gif

Now, Lets keep this debate from turning into a "your wrong im right" argument... We are all wrong and right in our own ways, and theres no need to break a back over it
smile.gif
Lets just keep this debate humane, I'd hate for it to be locked and all our questions go unanswered!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile.gif

no no no no no no... you've got me all wrong. I guess I don't say it like I should... I'm wasn't trying to talk to you like you're the ones that do it (well, if you do it then yes, I'm talking to you... if you don't, then I'm not talking to you)
and the learning part is out of context. I was saying that some people believe everything other people tell them (that cottonmouths are aggressive) and that THEY should first LEARN (from experts) and then they'd see that you can't believe what the people who see a cottonmouth and shoot it without a second thought have to say.

has everyone been following this thread from the start?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]W e  D o n t  K i l l  F o r  F u n !
when did I say that you spect, mcrwt644, killed them for fun? allosaurz, and flytrapgurl were the one that said they killed them for fun.
allosaurz:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IMO the only good squirrel is a dead squirrel and I don't see a problem with that as they are pests. They are on the same level as mealy bugs and scale and all the other pests that plague our cps.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But I don't want to repell them... I want them to suffer my wrath as I enact revenge on them.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Stupid? maybe... Effective? Probably not... But fun? Hell Yeah
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They are the only animal that is 100% evil and need to be eradicated. The war on squirrels will be won.
so you see, some people here HAVE said that killing squirrels is fun and that they're "lower" and we're "superior"...
flytrapgurl:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]BESIDES... I do HATE them and go around saying I hate them but I realize that killing off their species would seriously disrupt the ecosystem..I mean, hell, what would be left to use for target practise (and that's not a joke)?
kirks...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PSYCH! I hate squirrells, but its fun to shoot them with the paintball gun i have to admit

not everything I say applies to every single person that comes and looks at my post you know...

hey i was sorta on your side... i think

first, we wasn't calling us all "idiots and mongrels", second, he's totally right except for the being in a car crash part, third, if the squirrel trashes a plant, then move the plant!! plants grow back, squirrels dont. and for people who hunt, then say they don't kill for fun, that's hypocrasy at it's worst. don't tell me you don't get a smile on your face when you kill a dear, it's not a business you know.

and whoever thinks it's fun to kill squirrels or shoot them with paintball guns is sadistic. would you like it if i killed your dog or cat for fun? hey, it's a pest right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back