What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War on squirrels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are dying because we are directly persicuting tigers and great white because they are worth money/we fear them

Finch.....I know it only applies to mammals.....that's why I said it. We were comparing squirrels and insects. And if you didn't already know...... a squirrel is a mammal. Hence the discussion of nursing. Just for future reference......I generally have reasons for the things I say.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]More recently, however, evidence has emerged that at least two of the spectacular megafauna of the Pleistocene era (1.6 million to 10,000 years ago) clung on until recent times.

In the 1990s mammoth remains found on an island north of Arctic Siberia revealed the animals still roamed a tiny corner of the planet just 3,600 years ago. Tantalizingly, this was almost a thousand years after the first pyramids were built in ancient Egypt.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

birds are animals too. and what about reptiles, anphibians and fish? are they not creatures too?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 07 2004,2:10)]yes our native red squirls are usually found in coniforus forests.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] They ARE tresspassing on my property

Aimals have no comprehensicon of peoperty rights. That is a human term. And animals are not called tresspassers, as trespassers are humans. It does not apply to other species
yes they do... they call it territory
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
that's wrong... organisms don't strive to be human. it's not the ultimate form of life.

the only way you could fall 100 feet and go unharmed is if you had something to soften the fall....
like it would fight w/ you that way. it could easily and effortlessly outrun you. IT would dominate you EASILY in an agility contest through the woods.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
it is if you don't have any reason. It's just like what hitler did. you could easily buy a squirrel repellent and all your problems would be solved.

Well, you have to understand some people cant AFFORD repellent which costs 20 dollars here in california. They are invading on YOUR territory and you have the right to externimate them if they are inflicting damage. circle of life, it happens in nature a ton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
give me examples. cats play with their food so they can become better hunters in case of a shortage of food.
orcas also play w/ their food so they can become better hunters. I have even seen some in TV that weren't hungry so after they finished playing with the baby seal they put it back on the shore.
yes, orcas play with their food. they throw innocent seals into the air, kill them doing it, and leave them in the water to rot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
and I don't see how you can compare insects with squirrels. squirrels are smarter and all what I had said before.
as for arthropods (spiders and scorpions are arachnids), yes... there are many that care for their young. those giant cockroaches from australia actually take care of their young for 9 months.
LOL me either... squirrels arent insects

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
so a tiger is superior than you? a great white shark? malaria microbes? lyme disease? AIDS? they're all higher up than you are in the food chain.
Yes, i am superior to all of those. I have the ability to THINK, i am more aware, and i can kill all of those except aids. I am superior with my knowledge. However without our ability to think we would be extinct long ago... we have no NATURAL form of selfe defence.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
to me, you saying you wish you could kill squirrels IS a serious matter. Especially because you don't have to kill them. You ENJOY killing them when you don't have any reason to. And I can't say I like the "I'm more evolved and higher in the food chain so I must be superior to everything" attitude.

He didnt say he would enjoy killing them.

Nothing serious or wrong about it. if they are on YOUR territory, inflicting lots of damage, by all means you have the right to externimate them... now, i think squirrel soup is EXCELLENT, so theres nothing wrong with me killing them. I USE the body. My dog uses the tail as a toy. This in turn trains the dog to go after squirrels. the squirrels get sick of the dog and leave. All you need is to kill one squirrel.

I hope some of the people here dont get sore arms from hugging the trees.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fyrespryte @ Oct. 07 2004,4:58)]And ALLOSAURZ......we weren't discussing birds......
We may not be discussing birds/insects/etc but I was making a comparison to them. They are all animals though which make comparisons valid. How can you say killing squirrels is wrong when people spray their plants for mites which are animals. Life is life no matter what. Also there is no way you can compair killing pests with Hitler's final solution. That imo is a discredit to all the victims of the holocaust. I am not killing my fellow members of the human species. Instead I am killing something that is lower on the food chain. A squirrel maybe more maneuverable in a tree. He maybe able to survive a 100 ft fall. I am generally not going to get into those situations though. I would dominate a squirrel, tiger, etc not through sheer brute strength and size alone but also through intelliegence and human ingenuity. Humans are the pinnacle of evolution as far as I am concerned. Are other animals trying to adapt to be similar to us? Maybe/maybe not. All that matters is that right now I am at the top of my food chain. I have staked out my territory. And if a squirrel enters my territory then I have the right to fertilize my lawn with his remains for messing with someone higher in the food chain. Again a pest is a pest is a pest is a pest. No matter what you say you are not going to change my opinion that squirrels are infact pests. If squirrels are as smart as you claim then they will realize that my yard = potential death and steer clear.

Also I'm a have to get that recipe from Spectabilis for squirrel soup... sounds delicious.:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Finch.....I know it only applies to mammals.....that's why I said it. We were comparing squirrels and insects. And if you didn't already know...... a squirrel is a mammal. Hence the discussion of nursing. Just for future reference......I generally have reasons for the things I say
LOL im not dumb i know sqirrls are mammals.
wolf9striker.... ill preted i didnt hear that.

Ok theres a general consenseous that humans are the most evolved mammal. Who can gess what the most evolved bird is?
And despite what they say im all for killing squirrls. they are super abundant anyway,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Oct. 08 2004,4:04)]Squirrel is good tastes like rabbit
Squirrel is really good but hard to take off the skin. Most of the time I cook squirrels in a slow cooker. The meat can be very tough and this loosen the meat. Then will make squirrel stew...yum!
smilie4.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ok theres a general consenseous that humans are the most evolved mammal. Who can gess what the most evolved bird is?
there's no such thng.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He didnt say he would enjoy killing them.
oh yes he did!
I don't mind if you use them but killing them for joy is evil. (especially because you could buy a repellent)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yes, orcas play with their food. they throw innocent seals into the air, kill them doing it, and leave them in the water to rot.
'
they either eat it or leave it alone... like I said, they put them back if they're not hungry.
and who says other animals can't think? They may not be able to do algebra (hey... I can't either :p) but that doesn't mean they can't think. What makes you think you're more aware?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If squirrels are as smart as you claim then they will realize that my yard = potential death and steer clear
how will they realize it if they're dead? and even if others are watching, they don't live that long and they need food.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Life is life no matter what
so your life is the same as a cyanobacterium?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]they either eat it or leave it alone... like I said, they put them back if they're not hungry.

No, orcas have been filmed playing (it looked more like torturing) seal pups by throwing them up into the air alive and bettering them with their snouts. Plus carrying a injured pup out to sea and letting it flounder back near the shore only to cary it out again and leave it. (repeat, repeat, unill the pups exahusted) and leaving the carcases. It was on the same discovery channel that you get some of your information from too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]there's no such thng.
ok then, most evolutionary advanced atotomicly

evolution doesn't work like that. there aren't any "higher" or "lower" forms... well... there are... but the lower forms die. so everything that's alive and doing fine is "higher"
so I guess the chicken because chickens outnumber people and not many die... you can be sure that as long as there are humans, there will be chickens.

excuse me but I wasn't the one that compared killing squirrels to Hitler...I also didn't make the statement about maneuverability or falling from a height of 100 ft.... if you're going to contradict someone on something you might want to make sure it was something they said first. And I know all life is life and that ppl spray their plants for mites and I never posted my opinion on that matter either. In fact I don't use pesticides for anything thank you very much. I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop presuming I believe one thing or another. I don't do that to you so it's only right you do the same.

I try not to use pesticides/fungicides nor antibiotics... aldough sometimes you just have to.  (VERY rarely though.)
they do more harm than good (aldough I'm sure you don't care about all those "lower" life forms because you are "superior" and "have the right" to do anything you want... if you don't like using them then it's b/c in the long run it would hurt YOU right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back