Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of money, the state released the preliminary damage cost in Fl. For Charley it was an estinmated 7.4 billion, for Frances it is an estimated 6 billion. I'm thinking it'll be awhile before the state gets back to normal. Sorry to hear you were robbed - not everyone here is a scumball - I'm sure the people you helped out are extremely grateful. If you're in my area stop in. You can come into what's left of the house and get a hot meal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul you are a truely wonderful human being. You have a lot on your plate right, do not forget to take care of yourself as well. My thoughts and prays are with you.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This story is so remarkable that i am at a loss for words. I dont know what to say
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad your ok Casper!Keep up the good work and take care!Even here in Ga. we got 8-12 inches of rain from Frances.I hope everone makes it though all these storms.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it has been a LONG two days. Took me till noon on Tuesday to get the shop closed down and everything picked up. I got my family on the road at about 1 p.m. When I followed at 2:15ish they had only made it about 4 miles. If any of you have been watching the news, there are only two main arterys out of New Orleans I-10 and Hwy 90 and both where PARKING LOTS. So, I break out my trusty Rand Mcnalleys map and start hitting back roads. Long story short, we made it to Houston in about 9 hours. Normally a 6 hour trip so not to bad. I am hearing reports of people taking 10-12 hours to get from N.O. to Baton Rouge (an EASY 90 minute drive doing the speed limit)

Moral: People, ALWAYS keep very accurate maps in your vehicle. Rand makes a great map that is in a book format, it saved my rear end.

So.. as most of you know, we here in N.O. dodged a bullet, nay scratch that, a friggen MOAB. On the downside, Orange Beach got NAILED. Some of you know that my father has a few condo's over there. There WAS this cool little bar called the FloraBama. It was half in Florida and half in Alabama. Welp, it is completly gone and I do mean GONE. Nothing but a slab remains. Ivan did some serious damage to the coast over there, they all deserve to be in our prayers.

On a side note, someone mentioned the robbery. I have to say, that you really have to see the situation down there. I had 10 grand in my pocket (have to pay my guys in cash down there) and he didn't ask for a single dime. All he wanted was material to fix his families home. I can honestly say, that I can understand him. I see my main duty in this world is to protect my family. This man was backed into a corner and couldn't even provide his family with proper shelter. I don't agree with his methods, but I must say that I understand.

Right now, I am trying to get my crew back to the city safely. None of us have any damage yet, so we should be able to re-group by Sunday or so. We have some major unfinished business in Florida which we need to get accomplished very quickly. Then we will most probably move to Al/Fl border. We have been working hand in hand with Fema so far and I am quite positive we will continue to do so for the next month at least.

Enough for now, I will try to give another update in the morning. I am so sorry that I havn't even read the NASC forums. There has just been so much to do. Please trust I will be back with a force that Ivan couldn't rival.

On a good note, I actually caught up on my sleep!!!

Good night ya'll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care, and good luck. Geez, with you there, I feel sorry for the hurricaine!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12