Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very, very bad news........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was refering to me mostly BobZ...........you gotta be a lil wacked to survive in this world....plus it makes things a bit more entertaining [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] my personal list of symptoms.........
    lazy, tired alot, quite wacked(how else do explain a house full of animals and plants?!?!?), like i said before some minor balance problems, memory problems, lung problems, knee problems, have 2 kids for all intents and purposes, have some episodes of depresion, dont deal well with ppl(never have prolly never will), and do yah know how old i am? guess...........................come on guess............................................. IM 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if i have learned anything in that time its:

#1 you can and will find some one just as wacked as you and actually be on the same wavelength (Darla proved that to me)

#2 if you have a job you enjoy and good coworkers even some of the real bad days have some great laughs

#3 no matter how independent you are you need to talk to someone at some point to work through your problems

#4 YOU HAVE TO HAVE DISTRACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! be it CPs, hunting, fishing, dancing, underwater basket weaving or what ever. you need personal time doing something you thuroughly enjoy atleast once a week, preferably more often to stay sane

..................there are prolly more.............my stroke of genius has just run out............long day at work..................dont get to down on yourself its just not worth it.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. underwater basket weaving

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually it can be that simple if you try. Can't remember a list of things to do? Then write them down on a piece of paper. Maybe not everything can be solved with simple solutions but some things can. The effort to work with your condition and improve things has to come from you. The doctor can help you understand it and how to deal with it but he isn't the one that is going to fix it. Perhaps some medication might help but that alone won't make everything perfect either. YOU are the one that needs to put the effort into learning how to do things differently so that you can improve the way you do things. Some of it may be very difficult but to say I can't because my brain is broken is already admitting defeat and if you do that you will have lost already...
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right. Life is as good as you make. We all have bads and we all can shake of the blues. Life is not perfect, that is what makes it interesting and worth living. A perfect life would be boring. Also, something I truly believe due to the life I have lived, what does not kill you only makes you stronger. So come on Starman, smile and be stronger.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Starman,

I have some mild learning disabilities and have a few of the symptoms you do. If you do have a definite diagnosis, your school most likely has resources to help you with remedial learning. I was diagnosed in college because my parents believed I "wasn't trying hard enough" and would not let me get tested. Anyhow, after a semester of weekly learning sessions and a bit of practice, I learned tips to help the day and tasks go by easier. JustLikeAPill- my mom has takes syntharoid too. She almost died because she wouldn't go to the doctor. I've seen the symptoms firsthand, and it can be awful without medication!

As for friends, I know it's very important especially at your age. Worry about yourself first, and the kind of friends you want will appear in due time. As you know, hobbies are really great and you have friends on this forum! As I sidenote, I was picked on a lot all the way from elementary school through high school. In college, I was considered to be weird but cool. Now I'm still the same person, and people think I'm pretty interesting and cool. There's no accounting for taste, it's a matter of who you surround yourself with!

Your diagnosis can be an excuse for things you can't do, or a place for you to start learning what you CAN do. Just realise that it takes time for results and getting used to whatever they're going to ask you to do (medication, remedial learning, etc). Chin up! Feel free to PM me if you want.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, one of the things you discover as you get older is that the people who were "different" or unpopular in high school are the most popular and successful in college and later life. In fact, many of the most popular people at my high school turned out to be some of the biggest losers. It's funny how it all turns around as you get older. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at stephen hawkings!! he cant move and he has to talk through a computer, but he's the worlds leading phycisist (sp?)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this has nothing do with the subject...But when I was in Honduras working I saw this kid/man wearing a t-shrit that said "If A@@holes could fly this would be an airport". There are ppl like that but later in life you will find true friend(s) that will have your back. For now you have family and us of course . [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast