Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Necps show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael -

Bring all you can. It took me quite a while to build up to what I have now (much from seeds & trades). Believe it or not, there was a time I could not even keep a sundew alive! Also, be sure to select one as your "Member's Favorite" for that display table and give a short description why to Kirk or Dave. I'm thinkin' my rare Nep northiana x veitchi, from seed, or my Ceph which was a mere tiny 1 leaf when I got it from John P. at the very first NECPS meeting.

Nepenthes gracilis - We'd all love to see your hamata up close & in person. Too bad we aren't set up to display it virtually, wouldn't that be cool! About a week ago my baby hamata suddenly took a turn for the worse (aarrrggghhhh) and rapidly started turning black. As an extreme last ditch effort, I took off one of the leaves, sliced off the black part near the plant's stem and treated it like a ceph cutting (liquid rooting hormone, set in damp live chopped sphagnum...). Not sure it'll work, but worth a shot.

I can't wait to see what Jeff brings this year. Last year there was a huge puddle of drool on the floor from everone standing around gasping at his amazing Cephs. After that, I started referring to him as "The Cephmaster".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant Show List (Kirk Martin)
    (Will probably be more...)

Sarracenia alata- Grow contest (2 pots)
    Sarracenia flava- all green
    Sarracenia flava-Coppertop
    Sarracenia flava-Heavily veined
    Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea
    Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa

Nepenthes. fusca Sarawak
    N. faizaliana

Dionea. muscipula typical 2 pots

Drosera. prolifera
    D. filiformis ssp. tracyi
    D. aliciae
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Fitchburg Massachusetts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

I wish I could come as well maybe some day.

You guys have such a great turn out at your shows. How long have you guys been meeting?

-Jeremiah-

And as always if anyone ever finds themselves in Colorado stop by and say Hi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeremiah -

Our first meeting was January 2003. What's really nice is that we actually meet once a month except for a few times in the summer. Even in the dead of winter here, our very enthusiastic ( = addicted??) members pack up their plants in coolers for insulation and still travel to the meetings.

If you are ever out this way, please let us know and bring lotsa photos/slides, etc!

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARG! Well, you can cross the N truncata x ventricosa off the list. What was left of Hurricane Ivan sent it plumetting to the ground, and shattered its one big, beautiful picher into pieces. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stuff ALWAYS happen right before the show, huh? I remember last year I accidentally broke off the ONE nice stunning pitcher my S. leuco Titan had just a week before the show.

I hope your Nep is still OK & will make a comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I hope your Nep is still OK & will make a comeback.
    Thanks Bill. It will live. It's been through this before. It should be showable again in 4 months or so. I think I'm going to put velcro on the bottoms of all my plants.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a gorgeous S. leucophylla I was going to show.

I found it uprooted, the plant greenery knawed off and the rhizome was chewed up.

I replanted the rhizome hoping it would grow again and the bugger dug it up again (and ate more). But this time I had footprints when the critter walked on some cardboard on my deck. Those pawprints turned out to be a raccoon.

I told that story to Nathan and he laughed and said that Raccoons ate his plants on the third story fire escape of his apartment.

They're bold and they're voracious
    Kirk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast