Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: P. casabitoana emergency

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ping seed is remarkably easy to germinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (sigh) your right i should think before i badmouth someone. I just feel that this task is for qualified experts. While you didnt say directly that you wanted them, in my mind i tought

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You get the plants-------|
    /\ |
    | |---> You give them to experts to propigate|
    | |
    | |
    | -------------------------They become numorous and into cultivation

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In my mind i tought this, and indeed this is how it seemed to me. But i should not make assumptions.

So i ask u. Is this map true? if its not and its just me i think ill feel a whole lot better, and apologize for my actions.

(nomatter how i say this i still come off looking like a untrusting jerk...)
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah, i would of done the same thing if someone was going around taking plants just to take them. but this is the plan:
    I'm going to go over there are take note of growing conditions, bring some seeds back, replicate the growing conditions and germinate the seeds. I've made plans with Pyro, since he has connections with the Atlanta Botanical Garden, and their TC expert, he told me that if i get him some viable seeds he will get them to the TC expert. The TC expert is very qualified and is experience in cloud forest species. It's aight finch, you was just looking out for the plants that unfortunately have no say in who takes them or not [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] lol.. i know i'd be pissed if someone plucked me from my roots and studied me..
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] thats great. Im sorry i doubted you
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could a moderator please change the topic title to "P. Casabitoana cultivation" and make the topic description blank.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol im glad we all came to an aggreement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldn't it be easier to take cuttings? if you take a cutting, that doesn't harm the population in the wild and it benefits the population in cultivation.... right?
    It's so sad when anything goes extinct...

but.... I was thinking... why are VFT's so rare in the wild? there are plenty of VFT's in captivity... as far as I know, the fact that they're in cultivation hasn't helped in the wild.
    and apparently people WILL go to a lot of trouble (especially for a species that isn't in cultivation) to get plants... after all, why do people poach VFTs? they're not all that expensivie.
    aldough a species in captivity IS better than an extinct species :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all pings can grow from cuttings and if this species can grow from cuttings, the cuttings will probably not survive a long journey.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast