Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anwar- what is your opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already have viable alternatives. There's natural compressed gas, hydrogen, electric, and even experimental solar power cars. I mean, poop, there was man here in Las Vegas that actually invented a car that runs on a fuel made of up 90% water with no loss of performance and burned totally clean.

Its not an issue of environment that most politicians are concerned with, its which one would be best for business, pure and simple. Anything that isn't seen as commercially viable for big oil to take over is thrown to the trash.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thesad truth is that drilling in ANWAR will not curb our dependance on forgen oil.

In 2002 a Department of Energy study showed that woithout new oil exploration in the artic refuge, the US will get 62% of its oil from forgen scorces. With new exploration, that number drops to 60%

thats just 2% difference in oil scorces.

Drilling oponents also point out that recent Alaskan projects, like British Petrolium's Badami feild near Prudhoe Bay, has yealded considerably less oil than origionaly predicted.
    And while the artic may be cold, it is full of life. Middle eastern deserts are prety much barren wastelands.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I am a mega environmentalist, yet I support Bush. Don't get me wrong, the democratic vice president it probably the best of the four, but Bush is more into the greater good... ANWAR I feel is a pointless drilling. There are several oil fields here in Texas that are pumping and piping several hundred barrels a day! Why not use what we have and investigate into new resources? I am a crazy car enthusiast, but I feel hydrogen is right. We need it. I think performance people like Ferrari can keep gas, but make it more efficient. The 360 Modena (about to be the 420) could have a twin-turbo 6 instead of a naturally aspirated 8. Sure it breaks tradition, but the power could still be equal if not better, and fuel economy would increase by up to 50%. The least we can do is turbo-charge instead of up displacement. As much as I hate to say this, there is a replacement for displacement. I think we can avoid ANWAR, and avoid depending on foreign oil, and get on to replinishable hydrogen. I could go on all day... These are just some of my opinions...
    John
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, bush touts developing alaska as a top priority for a second term!
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont forget that right now, you must burn oil to get the hydrogen.

and what are we gonna do with all of this extra water produced by hydrogen powered cars? yeah it's better than noxious fumes, but where will all the extra water go? it'll eventually pollute the oceans and decrease the salinity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The total amount of land that will be affected by drilling in ANWAR is less than 1% of the of the reserves area.
    We drilled in the North Slope area for years and nary a Caribou was injuired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the extra water will enter the water cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] it'll eventually pollute the oceans and decrease the salinity.
    No the oceans will get saltyer due to incresed evaporation due to global warming
    and carabu no longer breed on the north slope like they used to. Notimh was hurt directly but the areas carabu and bird population went \/ in a big way
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GW wont happen that fast.

and the ocean will not get saltier because what goes up must come down (when the water evaprotates, it will rain), but the extra freshwater has no where to go but the ocea, thus polluting it with too much freshwater. even if we collect and import it to third world countried that need it, like in sahel regions, it would still end up the the ocean in the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast