Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anwar- what is your opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the ANWAR debate likely to flair op some time in the future, i think i would like to take the time to ask: whats your opinion? There is no right or wrong side, just different veiwpoints (something that I, at times, fail to understand)

The greenies and kerry say NO
    "We will not drill in ANWAR"

The bush people say YES
    "We are at the mercy of international oil prices" because "We've taken large chunks of the country and put it off-limits to any kind of exploration or development."

Im not trying to start a argument here, but wuld like to know where you stand.

So what do you thnk? yes or no?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmm..thats a tough one..
    Im an environmentalist, (who votes for Bush!)
    and I would prefer that all drilling stopped everywhere!
    I would love it if all oil-based power just went away completely..
    would solve a ton of environmantal and political problems!
    but...im also a realist.
    I know drilling is necessary, its not going to go away in our lifetimes..
    so, if the US must have oil, which it must, where is the best place for the US to get it?
    seems like it would be FAR better to drill for our own..
    for economic, environmental, and political reasons..
    just better all around that relying on MidEast oil..
    we will do a much better job of protecting the environment where we drill than the Arab nations do..
    (it amazes me that Iraqi citizens blow up their own oil production networks..)

we are simply a much more environment-concious society than pretty much anywhere else in the world where oil is drilled..
    if it HAS to be drilled, which it does, it will be much better for THE EARTH if its done in Alaska than in Iraq..or anywhere else.
    I know the environmentalist dont like to hear that, but its just a fact.
    so... if oil is a necessary evil, which it is, whats the least evil way to get it?
    drill for it ourselves, on our own land..
    cheaper, cleaner and safer..

Liberals should SUPPORT drilling in anwar!!
    because if we can get our own oil, that will help keep us out of mideast politics!
    "no war for oil" right?
    well..if you want "no war for oil"..what do you suggest as an alternative? you cant question that the US, and the entire world, MUST have oil for society to even function, so once thats accepted, which it must be, you have to accept that the oil has to come from somewhere..
    whats better for the global climate? both the political and environmantal climate? simple, let the USA get its own oil on its own land...

so, I guess you could say im against, and in favor, of ANWAR drilling! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    im against it, because im against oil drilling itself..
    but im for it, because I live in the real world, and if it has to come from somewhere, ANWAR is one of the best places the US can get it, its much better on many levels..
    Scot

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we do not need oil if people would put their efforts into alternative sources of energy which could be cheaper than oil. we should NOT drill anywhere that poses a threat to animals, especially up there. i am agianst bush 100% bush is just a redneck and a pathetic example of an american. he tried to make laws based on religion, he promised more jobs- everyone is getting laid off, he is just a screw up.

now that i've vented about how much i hate bush , i'm REALLY against drilling up there. it's aweful and will disrupt and kill many animals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 17 2004,4:59)]we do not need oil if people would put their efforts into alternative sources of energy which could be cheaper than oil. we should NOT drill anywhere that poses a threat to animals, especially up there. i am agianst bush 100% bush is just a redneck and a pathetic example of an american. he tried to make laws based on religion, he promised more jobs- everyone is getting laid off, he is just a screw up.

now that i've vented about how much i hate bush , i'm REALLY against drilling up there. it's aweful and will disrupt and kill many animals.
    well yeah, getting rid of all oil and using alternative sources of enegry is a worthy goal, and one that the global society will eventually get around to making work..
    but meanwhile, here in reality, we NEED oil!
    I give oil another solid century as global society's fuel source..
    we will switch away from oil when either:
    a. other enegry sources can be made chaeaper..
    or.
    b. the oil runs out...whichever comes first.

so, we will get there eventually!
    meanwhile, for the upcoming foreseable decades, we MUST have oil!! its just an unescapable fact..
    so, where should it come from?
    If you REALLY care about the environmant, you have to admit that drilling in ANWAR is better for the planet than drilling anywhere else...

What about all the animals in Middle East?
    why is no one upset about them?
    The mideast oil fields are an environmental nightmare,
    Saddam dumped and burned millions and millions of gallons of his OWN COUNTRY's oil!
    with absolutely no regard for the enviroment..
    even today, as we (the US) try to put the Iraqi network back together, people are still destroying their own country's oil network..causing massive pollution, and the death of many thousands of native animals and plants..
    For some reason, all these "environmantalists" who talk so much about "saving the Earth", lose sight of the GLOBAL impact of oil drilling.."No drilling in Alaska! but..well, I still need gas for my car, so if they burn all the oil wells in Iraq, I wont complain about that.."

the oil has to come from SOMEWHERE!!
    where do you want it to come from?
    who will do a better job of protecting the environment?
    the answer is amazingly obvious...
    and it has nothing to do with Bush, or Kerry, or anyone..
    think Globally..
    the...world...MUST...have...oil...
    the USA must have oil..
    our very society and way of life depends on it..
    none of us would have our jobs without oil,
    none of us would our lifestyles without oil..
    our entire day to day existance and everything we own and enjoy depends on oil..
    WHERE do you want it to come from?
    the middle east?, under the control of unstable tribes and constantly warring thug dictators.
    or OURSELVES? the most responsible and environmentally concious society on the planet?

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we cant drill for oil in ANWAR. the middle east may be in turmoil, and yes there are animals there, but it is a better place to drill for oil. we can also CONSERVE oil if people would take public transport more often (if that's possible) than driving.

like you for example, you can get a hybrid car, take the bus, get a ride, carpool, etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 17 2004,5:31)]we cant drill for oil in ANWAR. the middle east may be in turmoil, and yes there are animals there, but it is a better place to drill for oil.
    What makes it better?
    Why is it better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because there aren't nearly as many animals there, unless you count sheep and terrorist.

and because drilling for oil would destroy the habitat of alaska. why destroy a clean habitat, when there is already a source in the middle east?

sure it's more economical to use our own oil, but what about the animals?

guess i'm just a bunny-hugging liberal [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey what about this though- the prices between drilling from Alaska or buying from a foreign country is only a 10% difference... Why use our oil when we don't have to? the countries that prosper the most are the countries with the most resources to use. So what is the point if we save a few bucks here and there and drill oil in Alaska? IN the long run it will hurt us badly! If our country ran out of oil, the middle eastern countries will TAKE advantage of this moment and manipulate us like there is no tommorow.
    Bush says the reason he does this is to get our dependency off foreign countries, but yet we are fighting for oil land in the Middle East during Bush's term... hmmm.... sounds like there is a dumb president somewhere.... seriously anyone can out preform Bush. He's a mad dog running without a collar! I don't know why people on this forum even likes bush, he DESTROYED alot of the natural resources that we need in one term that took a LONG time to create, and that probably includes alot of CP land too. Another for years with him is going to destroy the US! Go Kerry (Or anyone else that is smater then dumb old bush)
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast