What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smile_k_ani_32.gif
wow!

Yea no wonder i didnt sell any plants... no one can compete with phils plants!
smile_m_32.gif

Whoa, I think you two are the only ones who sold tho. Actually I was wondering why no one was bidding on the plants... I mean they all look so nice. The couple next to me bought a bunch of plants at the starting bid price! Hmm, visitors... would you mined if I became one of those visitors? hehe =P
Wow you had that stenophylla for 6 years! What made you decide to give it up? Too many of them from cuttings?
Nobody made a guess on the price... maybe I should post a pic on the nep board and see if anybody could guess it. =P

The auction was supposed to start promptly at 1:00. I don't think they started until 2:30 or so. By that time the main crowd had already filtered through and there were only a few people left. The plants that didn't go were put on my sales table and sold later anyways. Also, Sundays are not always the best day to host an event like this and coupled with the seriously scary torrential monsoon downpour we had earlier that morning I think it kept many people at bay.

I decided to let the stenophylla go because I often replace species in the collection with better quality plants. There's nothing wrong with it, I just got a much better clone. I knew who ever got it would love all the crowns this thing was sprouting and I wasn't interested in keeping any. So voila! You get the whole enchilada....er...Nepenthes
smile.gif

Phil

yea, i cant believe no one bought that ampullaria... geeez!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Phil you know i woulda bought it but i only had 15 bucks on me
smile_m_32.gif

I can take credit for over 10% of those sales from Phil and Don! LOL!!! Mostly Don, actually, as he had a terrific nepenthes assortment for sale at great prices. Hortus Botanicus was there with a TON of great nepenthes too, but they were much smaller and more expensive than Don's. Does he have a website? Does he normally sell commercially? Because I have more money than brains, as some of you well know.
smile_n_32.gif

I wish I could have bid on that auction N. ampularia, but the darn things need warmth, and I can't provide it. I should have gone for the giant red amp cutting, too, but that other person seemed to want it real bad. It could have fit in my tank, at least for a while.

Again, a great show, albeit a dangerous one for us cp addicts. Also, I wanted to give a shout out to Phil for the auction plants, and to everyone who donated plants for the raffle. Nobody has really mentioned the raffle, but there were TONS of great plants donated by members for it! A lot of people left with plants who might not otherwise have done so. Big thanks to Spec and his "assistant" for running the raffle!

Capslock

Ugh... I knew something was missing from my box of plants when I left the show...

My bag of Nepenthes ventricosa seed (few hundred seed) grew legs and walked away!
mad.gif

Oh yeah!? I was at the Nebraska Carnivorous Plant Show! It was ten times better than the BACPS!!!
Aw phooey, nobody would believe me anyway, lol.
Some year I will make it to one of those things.

Cheers,

Joe

whens the next one, im dying to go to one of these shows, if anyone passes through colorado id be happy to pay part of the gas money if you could take me, maybe next show

where are this show?
and when is the next one?

im in arizona and wish to attend one to get supplies and some plants
smile_h_32.gif

wish arizona had some shows

It's in berkely, california

There enough CPers in AZ to start a society, easy!

Back