Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Im reaching breaking point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I applaud JLAP for having the right attitude, I think things are just a bit different among school kids. They mercilessly abuse the designated "victim" for any perceive weakness. And the unwillingness to fight back is the biggest perceived weakness of all. In the adult world, JLAP is exactly right; fighting is never right, and can be extremely dangerous, plus adults are more empowered to take other actions than kids. Also, in the adult world, I've never found myself in a situation where someone is physically threatening me, except maybe in a hockey game or a drunk guy in a bar, but those are entirely different contexts where it's easy to avoid violence.

At some point, if it gets out of hand and no other methods are effective (including making the school take action), then fighting back is acceptable. Again, nobody should have to endure abuse day after day after day. That is what's truly unacceptable.

Use your judgement, Dino, and do what you have to do. Just make sure you've really exhausted all other options before fighting, but do not allow yourself to be hit. I wouldn't. I remember some of the abuse heaped upon some people in school, and I can't imagine that they came out of the experience without being permanently damaged.

Best of luck, Dino. Just consider that these days will pass, and the people who are "different" in school end up being the ones who are successful as adults, and the bullies who seem to control the school tend to end up being the total losers in real life.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My typical time at lunchtime:

I get called names and racially abused, I tell them go go away, they odnt.
    They follow me around, wont eave me alone, keep calling me names and being racist.
    they occasionally punch and kick mne, then run away, making sure no one sees them.

I have to put up with that evry day.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the point, AW, is he IS alone. that's what he's upset about.

starman- consider taking legal action agianst the person who harrasses you the most. set an example of him or her.

by the way capslock, i'm 14 so i know what it's like in school, and your right they to pick the victim to pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 22 2004,5:21)]Just consider that these days will pass, and the people who are "different" in school end up being the ones who are successful as adults, and the bullies who seem to control the school tend to end up being the total losers in real life.
    Capslock hit it on the head here, I belive.

I was always a middle of the road geek. I grew to fast and was way to skinney. Bob Seger seid it best "I was a little too tall, could have used a few pounds". Maybe your too young to know who Bob Seger is, great musician.

Anyway, I hated PE. I was always the last one called on to a team. I can remember walking out of summer basketball camp crying becuase of the crap that the other kids were doing. This seems like so long ago now.

Nothing very bad or very good in life lasts for very long...

I know it can be tough. Hang in there.

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    starman, i had a friend in your position..the one thing i can say is, fight back, i know how these kids are, very well, my school consists of many of them, fight back, you may be skinny or scrawny, i know might not be a fighter but its your last resort, thats the only way these kids will learn, and if you do hit them back..make it a very good hit..not just a shove or push, im talking really hard so they wont mess with you anymore..well i hope i helped you out..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean alone as in having no friends. I meant that you should never be in a position where other people can't see. Bullies won't do their worst with people around.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, wanna bet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's the key... don't make it fun for them to pick on you.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast