Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Im reaching breaking point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I odnt know what to do anymore, I want to have the courage to go and slash my wrists and die.
    Oh man, this is serious. Do you really seriously feel like that, Dino? If you do you have to get help, I'm not kidding.

Quote[/b] ]I need a freind.
    You have friends, Dino, don't forget, even though we may be net-friends only...we are still friends. I know it may not be the same, but talk to us, we may be able to help you.

Jason

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino, you have plenty of courage. It takes far more courage to go on with life in the face of hardship than it does to take the easy way out and die. Jason's right, it's past time for you to get help on this. You need to talk with your parents and make thiem realize how bad you feel. Talk to your school nurse/counselor, or principle. That's what they are there for. They're there to give you help and support, not just to enforce the school rules.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dino
    Your post reminded me of my schooldays, and how badly bullied I was.

I was educated overseas, and was always the foreigner; wearing glasses, being quite skinny & having an interest in plants did not make me popular, I was called all sorts of names, was beaten up, had my lunch money stolen- all the usual stuff. I hung around with all the other "nerds", computer geeks, video game players, brass band members, birdwatchers, suspected homosexuals - you get the picture...

Now, recently there was a 20 year school reunion. A website was setup to bring everyone back together posting details of what everyone is doing now, who they work for, pictures of their wives and children etc. Now conspicuous by their absence from this website were all the school bullies, NOT ONE of them had made anything of themselves and no-one knows where they are now, they had all disappeared into the nothingness of moronic obscurity. And what of myself and the other nerds? Well, we all have successful careers in a range of respectable professions including ecology, scientific research, owning our own finance companies...and one of us is even a major player in Microsoft!

The moral of the story is that bullies are a temporary annoyance, and after schooldays are over you will not see them again. They will not go on to college or university. They are all losers, and you will rise above them and be a success. It may not seem that way now, but believe me you will.

The trick now is to cope with them in the meantime. You have 2 options:
    1) ignore them completely, as they are after an emotional reaction from you. If you don't react they will get fed up and annoy someone else
    2) attack them violently in a crazy and unpredictable way- bullies are cowards and pick on you because they think you wont react physically, so turn around and punch them in the face-you may get into trouble, but word will spread and they will think twice about bothering you again

Personally, I found that option 2 works best....

In the meantime you MUST speak to someone about it. If you cannot speak to your parents or school counsellors then try Childline
    it is for just these sorts of situations.

Good luck!
    Stephen
    Stephen
    Sarracenia rosea?...don't be ridiculous!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 22 2004,3:05)]O.K, I am still crying now, I am trying to clam myslef down, anything from eating fruit to listening to classical music, but nothing is working.
    Do you like classical music? Because if you don't, it's not gonna help. It doesn't have to be relaxation music.. just anything you like. Frankly, classical music bores me a little. I stick with my country. Big & Rich music makes me feel great. *dances insanely*
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 22 2004,10:03)]this is absurd. that's nothing to joke about and i'm dissapointed in all of you. violance is never the answer. passive resistance and standing up for yourself with words is good, but never violance. is spitting violant? no, but it's desgusting and you can spread diseases.

take a lesson from ghandi.
    Sometimes violence is the only route you can take. You can't settle everything with words. If some bully started beating on me, I'm not going to act like a peace nice gal and try to sit him down and talk it out with him. I may be a girl, but I'm not a weakling, and I can beat the crap out of someone right back if I need to, and I'm not afraid to, either. Trust me, when I go to public school next year, I am NOT going to have a problem with bullies. Bullies are cowards that feed off of people who shrink in fear and submissiveness to them. They won't get that from me. You have to stand up for yourself, whether by words or by violence. Do what you have to do. You must get it across to a bully that you won't tolerate their crap, and eventually they will learn not to mess with you.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its like in animals. The ones who feel their dominant feel the need to express this dominance on 'weaker' individuals

as with finches, fish, and practacly everything else. Violence varies from school to shchool depending on how often fighters get caught. I jd just tell troublemakers to stick it
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 22 2004,10:59)]yeah. you hit them, get suspended, they will hate you for hitting them and humiliating them, they will make more fun of you, you will have more enemies, and you'll always be scared of them/ or at least unconfortable around them.
    Actually, I believe the American law is that you cannot be punished for hurting someone if it's strictly in self-defense. Don't know how it is in the UK, but that's how it is here.

And no, you've got it backwards. If you make it known that they shouldn't mess with you, you will earn their respect and they WON'T mess with you.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Its like in animals
    we ARE animals :P
    and like animals, if you don't want them to do something, don't give them what they want to get out of it.

Quote[/b] ]you will earn their respect and they WON'T mess with you
    respect... yeah right.
    I say if you get rid of them w/out getting violent, you may not get "respect" from bullies (but they'll leave you alone because you're no fun) but you WILL get respect from everyone else.

I'm just telling you worked for me. never had much trouble w/ bullies.

and for your depression, I was just watching a program on the nat. geo channel and they said that food can help. sometimes you have too much of something (many people may be allergic to wheat and so eating bread can cause those people to be depressed) or sometimes you need more of something else (fruits, vegetables)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast