What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im reaching breaking point.

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K,I am in floods of tears now.
I can no longer cope.
Everyone hates me in school I dont have friends, I dotn have anyone, I ahve been diagnosed with all this stuff, it is just too much.
I odnt know what to do anymore, I want to have the courage to go and slash my wrists and die.

Slow down Starman. If you are really having trouble, then seek help. Find a professional who can help you with ways to cope. Counseling got my mother through some rough stuff, and my brother, too.

Dino, you gotta hang in there. Things may seem very dark and dismal right now...but it will get better. Might take some time but you can't make a snap decision that is PERMANENT when there are good things in life ahead of you. Life is always going to have rough spots. We ALL have them. And sometimes you do feel like quitting it all. But you just have to try to work through the problems as best you can.

Life isn't easy but you have learn to cope with the problems. Getting hysterical only makes it worse. You have friends here and I'm sure you will make friends along the way where you are.

You can always PM me if you want to talk about something.

Take it one day at a time. Don't worry too much about tomorrow. Just concentrate on each day. There is much life has to offer. Its not all problems and misery.
smile.gif

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dino}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I know you are having a rough time but things will get better. Some people even have it worse then you and they deal with it. It is not easy and by taking your life would be a BIG MISTAKE. You are not only thinking about yourself but you would truely hurt your family by doing so. I am sure the flooding is not helping your problems right now. I would seek some help to get things off your chest. Even though you do not have friends right now you do have family and us to help you along.
smile.gif

Stay Strong,
Travis

Dino,
expand the focus, think about the stuff you like, what makes you you
That's all that really matters, bro, it really is...
You've started into successful windowsill growing, right???

I went through some serious dark times( I've lived on my own, some of that time on the street, since I was 16, I had to eat donuts that were thrown out at a local restaurant for a few months, there's much worse but it wouldn't be forum friendly), and I once thought as you do, it took a lot to get through it, but if I had to go through it again I would, and I'd hope I had the courage to do it over......

PLEASE try to talk to someone; it really hurts me to know that our world has so many bad things in it, but you must'nt let the bad things force you to turn your back on the good things, I know from reading your posts around here that you do, indeed have good things in your life, focus on them and the rest will come, I won't lie and try to say it's easy, exactly, but it's possible....
You seem to have a really good head on your shoulders, something that many people would wish for(alas, you either have it or you don't)
All of the things you feel are lacking are things that you both can and will have, and you already have a few things (strong interest in nature, intelligence, humour, your friends here) that not many folks do....

Please, please talk to someone.... I don't take any sort of counselling lightly or well, but even I have benefitted from words spoken by someone who knows and cares

Keep us posted, Dino, the Force will be with you

The bad times never last forever, Dino! It sounds like you're dealing with depression among everything else. Depression always makes problems seem insurmountable, and like there is no relief in sight. I strongly recommend trying some anti-depressant medication and counseling if it really seems like it's intolerable. That's why they make that stuff, and you'd be one of millions of people to find relief that way. You don't deserve to be miserable.

The fact that you've been diagnosed should be considered positive, because while it identifies problems, it more importantly gives a direction in fixing them. If nothing else, just understand that it DOES get better, and things WILL improve.

Capslock

I have gone through times very similar to yours, only there was a tall bridge nvolved insteasd.... and now im on antidipressents

Err but talk to your parents and tell them your problems. You havent been diaggnosed with something thats all that bad. You can live a happy and full life. Everyone has setbacks, but you just have to keep going.

And for the kids at school tell them to SHOVE IT.
Not as many people dislike you as you may think. And those who do hate you ar stupid and immature... id say to them GET OVER IT. there are going to be people who dislike you because your different. but they just havent reached a point in their lives in wich they are able to fully understand others problems.

if someone doesn't like you, screw them. you dont need them anyway
smile.gif

i really suggest that you talk to a DR and get on prozac, and maybe even xanax.

cutting is no way to solve your problems. every time you cut, you'r letting the people who upset you win.

(((((((((((((PAK))))))))))))

Everybody tells me to do that, but I cant.
smile_h_32.gif
I need a freind.

dude, what about us? we're always here, and you can always PM or IM me.

Starman we are all your friends, you've got 100's on this place so feel free to give me or anyone else a PM when you're down. Why does everyone at school hate you? Maybe it can be solved somehow?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I used to be hated by everyone too. I don't know why.... hmmm.... oh well.
anyway, now people don't HATE me but not many people LIKE me either. sure, I've got one or two friends, but not many and no best friends or anything. (the moral of this story is that things do get better if you try. and the people at school get more mature too. now I sneeze and nobody laughs at me :p and nobody calls me dwarf anymore either. When they did that, they just started a bad chain of events and ultimately made them hate me..)
and at the beginning of this school year, I was REALLY depressed. they give like TONS of homework, the stupid classrooms are FREEZING, CROWDED (in my fourth period I can't even seat confortably because I can't lean back, the desk is too low (and I'm short!), there's someone on both sides, and I can never see the daily videos because EVERYONE is in my way. the bus rides to and from school are HORRIBLE too! stupid people that almost sit on top of you!!! AAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I just want to kick them out!
mad.gif

and you know what really helped? talking about it. (not to my mom... I tried, but she just told me to stand up to watch videos!!!!!! can you believe that??? she gives the worst advise. she just made it worse) anyway, I went to another forum site and talked to the people there. well, They sure helped.
Besides, what people think of you doesn't matter much.
Just take a nice hot shower... take deep breaths... and think about all the people who love/like you. I'm sure your family loves you, and aldough I don't know you that well, I can tell you have many friends here. You are also smart enough to like nature!
smile_m_32.gif

hmm.. after observing behavior, i've noticed that alot of people pick on the "weak", "unstable", "gimpy" kids because of conformity. why do people do it? because someone else does it and theres an innate desire in humans to conform. think of kids picking on the "weak" children as thinning out the herd, picking out the weak, strengthening the group. it's all about conformity. like i said, i've never had problems making friends, and i dont pick on people at school, but these are some thing's i've noticed. i think an emotionally detached perspective might help you , starman. learn what you do what makes them "hate" you, and change it if you want. stand up for yourself! confidance is very important, and chicks dig it!

Today I had a run-in with a kid at school, I just called him somE dirty words and walked away. I don't really care about them. Dino, Things are rough all over.

that's not the answer grim. and remember starman, violance is NEVER the answer.

Yeah, I know, But it works. Dino, Just go and sit down and listen to some Pink Floyd and lose yourself in the music. Thats what I do sometimes

I agree that violence isn't the answer. Kids always pick on you more if they get an expected response from you.
at first they really bothered me but then I ignored them and they got tired so they just left me alone. I have NEVER had to fight with anyone well... it wasn't really a fight... I just tackled a kid when I was in 7th grade because he took my gatorade
biggrin.gif
but then I was always scared of him because he was bigger, taller, and stronger than me... with the ones I just ignored, I never had to be scared at them because they didn't have any reason to keep bothering me. violence leads to violence.

You can always send me a PM and talk.

Hi Starman,

Is there one specific person at school whom you want to be friends with but who won't be friends with you? Could you maybe be focusing on that one person too much and missing other people like yourself who need a friend? Maybe you are trying to win over the "cool" people to feel accepted and if you look at the "geeks" you might find a soulmate. Does being Bosnian in England make it harder for you? Try to find something you like. Studying your plants isn't perfect but they can let you work out a lot of love.

Bobby

hey starman, watsup?? hope it gets better, That happenned to me too this year, before i switched schools, you just gotta come out of youre shell a little, i've known you for a long time, and can list plenty of reasons to be friends with you, dont be nervous, just come on out, the waters fine. what've you got to loose? Anyway just my $0.02 hope it gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back