What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail

Hey,

When you get an invite, how come invite's cant invite other people? how do I invite others?

I dont know,my brother has Gmail and thats what he told me to.

Jerry

if you have gmail already, you have to wait until gmail gives you invites. I got g-mail from an invite, and google has given me 12 invites so far. i've used 6 and there are always 6 available for me to send to someone. they refresh it everyday back up to 6. If anyone wants an account, PM me.

What exactly IS gmail? and how does it differ from email?

go to gmail.com for more info, and if anyone wants an account PM me

Wolf9, it's just another free email service, this one run by Google. But it's a very good one. The format is better, and it gives you a full gigabyte of storage, so you never have to get rid of emails again. Plus, you can search your emails using their search engine. There are lots of little benefits, but the storage and search are probably the big one.

Capslock

Besides the storage and the search, my favourite feature in G-mail is the style of how email conversations are saved. If anyone wants to know, I have 3 invites left
smile_m_32.gif

Google gives them to you!! for being a tester!! So heres the bottom line: You only get invites, if you already have an account. I can SEND you one of the invites GOOGLE GAVE ME to give out to people i'd like to join gmail, because its not open to the public yet. When it is, anyone could join, but for nows its being tested. Google gives me tons of invites, again anyone who wants one can just PM me.

Spec, on your gmail homepage, the one where you see your messages, a link will appear in the blue bar above the messages saying you have invites to give out.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 21 2004,5:30)]Spec, on your gmail homepage, the one where you see your messages, a link will appear in the blue bar above the messages saying you have invites to give out.

Capslock
biggrin.gif
thanks

Got many more invitations, anyone can PM me i'd be happy to give em out to fellow TF'ers

Back