What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I had a "fit"

I went to pamida to get a few new pots for my new neps. And they over charged me $8.00 because they said the sale only aplied to the green pots. They said I couldn`t exchang them for green ones because all sales are final.Anyways after a while of argueing and telling them how sick I am and that it`s stress related and there causeing me pain they just kept on arguing and yelling and saying no! Finnaly my mom comes in and they tell her to "SHUT UP!"! Then I get in this fit I get where I get real weak then angry then realy real weak can`t hold myself up and then fall down to the floor balling my eyes out.. My mom had to real me out in a wheel chair,I cryed for like 2 hours,and felt like I couldn`t breath. finnaly my mom got this straightened out though. Why did they have to ruin my day? The world will never know.

i'd sue them.

Well I`m not that sue happy Lol.

sue man... thats quite a lawsuit on your hands! they seriously could have sent you into shock and killed you.

Hi Pondboy,

I would certainly write the owner/home office/corporate headquarters a letter explaining everything that happened, particularly your illness, its costs and what your plants mean to you especially since you are sick. If nothing else maybe you'll get a nice big gift certificate out of it. What they did was simply cruel and they should make amends in some way.

Bobby

Yeah, and what a pleasant opportunity to get more neps...J/K
smile_n_32.gif

that really sucks, its their fault and they should at least have to write a letter
of appology, either that or threaten to sue

i dont think its worth sueing over. ppl are to sue happy these days and its killing this country. what i would do is write out 2 identical well thought out letters stating what happened. a lil emotion is good but dont go overboard and definatly dont talk about sueing as that really isnt your intent. just say you were very unhappy and dissapointed with what happened and you dont plan to shop in their stores anymore. i know i wouldnt if something like this happened. send one to the manager to the store that you went to since i highly doubt you were dealing with the manager, atleast it doest sound like it. and send the other to their corprate office. you should be able to find a address on their website. keep a copy for yourself. cause if you dont hear from them in a month send it again as the post office does loose stuff from time to time. i expect that you will get quite a letter of appology.

Rattler

Man, it really ticks me off hearing about stuff like this!

They have no right treating you like that, ESPECIALLY after you told them about your condition.
If I was you, Id show them that they arent the only ppl that can be mean, and at the least get that A-hole fired for harrassment amongst other things.
You have my full sympathy, I also have been run over by ppl like that and its so humiliating...

Someone ought to go and shove those retail pots up a suitable anatomical cavity on them.

Sorry for the rant /Quensel

That sucks Noah,some people
confused.gif

Jerry

WOW! Talk about bad service. What happened to "The customer's always right." Jeeeez

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 26 2004,3:17)]Sue...
He has already said he doesnt want to do it.............

That sucks.
smile_h_32.gif

However, dont get upset over stuff like that, its not worth it.
They are very wrong to say something like that tho, if I put "sale" on a plant, then when you bought it and I said "whoops, its only for those plants, you cant exchange them now"
I would have simply told them if I cant exchange the pots, I will leave.
If they still wouldnt let me, I would leave the pots, keep my money and walk out.
No use arguing wiht people like that, unleess you are preapared for over 45 minutes arguing(I am, but I odnt knwo if anyone else is.
smile_n_32.gif
)
Dino
cool.gif

P.S
Sellers in Bosnia conviniently "keep" soem of your change.
smile_l_32.gif
I am sure we have all had our moments with rotten buisnesspeople.

I had already purchased the pots Dino.???

So?
Thye cant do anything if you leave them in the shop and take your money with you............

Come on man sue and buy a greenhouse and fill it with nepenthes
laugh.gif

CHING CHING

$_$

Dino I had already left the store so they already took the money. Spec I have worse thing to sue about the neglagence of texas county not treating my copperhead bite they said there was no treatment!,and just gave me tylenol3 and said go home.By the time I was home I was in torturouse pain and then had to drive all the way up to ft.wood (hours drive wich in this case took 40 minutes) where they gave me morphine(ahhhh.) and sent me to ST.LOUIS where I got treated with corfab anti venom but by the time I was there my pinky hadn`t had circulation for like an hour was blue and blistery my hand got to like 10x normal size and the swelling extended to my chest!!!!. They did a fascia to relieve the pressure on my pinky and if they hadn`t of done this I soon would have lost it.So I am going to sue over the snake issue,but not over a little thing like pamida. I mean my dad is JUST NOW a YEAR after the bite getting the case started.Wich the pain and all of that would have caused my conversion disorder(Wich is what I`m currently suffering from)

sent you to St. Louis for antivenom?!?!?!? heck we have it here in Wolf Point MT(i know ive asked) and we are a lil dinky place in the middle of nowhere. your case definatly warrented antivenom and should prolly had some in stock or near by. most decent sized hospitals anywhere in snake country should have some on hand. you should know though, a doctor who has antivenom and doesnt know how to use it properly can cause WAY WAY WAY more damage than the venom from a copperhead. serum sickness is a serious issue with alot worse consequences than loosing a pinky. you sure it was a copper head? 95% of copperhead bites you dont bother with antivenom because the affects are so localized. sorry, i dont mean to make light of your situation. im just a snake nut and venomous are a favorite. no place to keep them at the moment though so ill have to stick with my pythons.

Rattler

I can not believe they treated you like that. Sorry to hear that Noah.
confused.gif

Back