Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Respectfully requesting help from uk/europe member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude I want a radioactive key chain. I don't see what the big deal would be as I am sure the radiation emitted by the keychain is not that much greater then the radiation we are bombarded by everyday from the sun, microwaves, and cell phones. Hmmm also I do have a nasty habit of losing my keys

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microwaves and cell phones are not radioactive. The emit radiation, but in other (not dangerous) wave lengths. If you say it so you should add radio stations, gravitation earthquakes and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those new cell phones are worse than this keychain...

You're not going to get cancer from this thing, and its not gonna make your ears and nose twist like an orc... Just dont break the bulb!!! Lord be with you then [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec you are right. But in my veiw you should keep well clear of this object.

And i think its not neat. WOuld you think a nuke keychane would be cool too?
    _
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh thats just insane, The amount of radiaition is so slim, it wont affect you. I just wanted to say thanks everyone, i got a message from someone with a website (local) that sells them and got some on order. i also ordered me some uranium ore and some other neat toys to play with. All legal of coure, to that person who says they were not [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Thanks again

Everyone

Jeremiah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, everything made of atoms is radioactive.

So, even a cell phone that is turned off is radioactive.

Human beings are radioactive.

None should be of concern of going critical though.

Radioactively Yours,
    Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 26 2004,8:39)]Spec you are right. But in my veiw you should keep well clear of this object.

And i think its not neat. WOuld you think a nuke keychane would be cool too?
    _
    To be prefectly honest I would probably be first in line for a nuclear keychain, It'd make a great conversation piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure about that tweek? to my understanding an atom thats radioactive is an atom that lacks a stable nucleus. out of the 3 kinds of radiation (alpha, beta, and gamma) i doubt we produce any of the 3.

That glowring isn't anything to worry alot about, if you guys have smoke detectors in your homes (which legally you have to have) you might want to know that smoke detectors contain americium-241 which emmits alpha radiation. It works by having alpha particles travel at high speed and knock electrons from molecules in the air. The ionized air completes a small electrical circuit inside the smoke detector. When smoke enters, it breaks the circuit created by the ionized air, and the alarm goes off. Don't feel like going near your smoke detector now do you? I think the "we fear that in which we don't understand" quote ifits well in this situation..
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast