Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Respectfully requesting help from uk/europe member

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how many of us are saying we "fear" this item. But if the item is only available in another country and not for shipment here... Then I recomend that is followed. I guess this comes from being a person that follows the laws pretty closely.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]All legal of coure, to that person who says they were not
    Well congrats on that then! If you can find it at a legal site then do so. If you can't, then I don't recomend you use this site to ask people to do something that may be considered illegal.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt mean no harm in this post, i was just asking for assistance. I said there avilable in the usa just hard to find, like right after my order was processed. the company is out of stock again. I also found a guy from australia who will sell them to me. So my apologies for asking here. And to those who requested the web site, all replyed [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

your plant growing, radioactive, self glowing friend

jeremiah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad you got what you were looking for, sorry no one on the forum helped though.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a little thing called the Private Messenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 26 2004,10:53)]That glowring isn't anything to worry alot about, if you guys have smoke detectors in your homes (which legally you have to have) you might want to know that smoke detectors contain americium-241 which emmits alpha radiation. It works by having alpha particles travel at high speed and knock electrons from molecules in the air. The ionized air completes a small electrical circuit inside the smoke detector. When smoke enters, it breaks the circuit created by the ionized air, and the alarm goes off. Don't feel like going near your smoke detector now do you? I think the "we fear that in which we don't understand" quote ifits well in this situation..
    Hi,

alpha-Radiation consists of very big parts which only reach few cm in air and they are already shielded by a sheet of paper. So as long as you don't dismount your smoke detector there is virtually no risk. Modern smoke detectors all work by optical means which is not harmful at all - are these ancient radioactive smoke detectors still sold in the US?

Joachim

P.S.: tweek, there is a massive difference between natural radioctive radiation ond the stuff inside this keyring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember those Xrays in shoe stores? you would put on a shoe and put it under the Xray, and see if it fitted you. The thing is, it wasnt a split second shot, it was full blast of Xray that was never turned off. Peoplle would have their feet in there for hours, just for fun... Unfortunately all the exposure to the Xrays gave them foot cancer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, there are more than three types of radiation.

There is: alpha, beta, gamma, and neutron. These forms come from the nucleus.

X-rays and visible light come from the electron shells.

Radiation is simply energy in the form of particles or waves.

Atoms are not static entities. A particle or wave may strike another stable atom and it may become radioactive(give off particles or waves).

There is no massive difference in the radiation in the key ring. Radiation is radiation. Most radiation is non-man made. Tritium is naturally formed in the upper atmosphere from cosmic radiation. It is naturally found in the water and the air. Unless, you mean you want to quantify or label the type or amount of energy.

Skin will stop the radiation, but the danger is if it is internal. The radiation is dispersed throughout the whole body. And the half life is 12.3 years. So, don't break open and eat your glowring.

Tritium is used in some gunsights, some watch faces and some public exit signs. IMO, if these are allowed, glowrings should be too.

Glowring millionaire wanna be,
    Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamma rays would fry us like eggs in miliseconds [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ][img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] . A particle or wave may strike another stable atom and it may become radioactive(give off particles or waves).
    Right isnt the damage done by the particles shreddeing your cells to peices (in high doseges) Like so many eggs in a weat thresher.

Quote[/b] ]are already shielded by a sheet of paper
    wow thats the best protection mony can buy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast