Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of internet exploder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 25 2004,8:04)]I "think" PR is Public Release and you're right it's 1.0

Hehe, at first I thought Press release, didn't even think of public release, that would make more sense than either
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 26 2004,1:25)]I've been using Firefox since our IT guy at work said it was more secure than IE a few months ago. I love it! I like the tabbed windows, and find it fast and reliable. It's got a killer Google toolbar too!

Capslock
    Anything from Mozilla is spyware city...the only reason any browser is more secure than internet explorer is that they havent been hacked as hard yet.... spyware and hacking are completely different things... Mozilla is half spyware, i do not reccomend using anything from them... Afte rjust 3 days of using Firefox, the computer was so bogged down and slow from spyware that i deleted it... along with 200 spyware programs! Mozilla started as a peer to peer file sharing system after napster bit the dust...It was designed to be intrusive and to be able to ferret out files from peoples computers. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked back at the Mozilla product site, I retract my previous statement, but it still stands there are a few people who've had problems with mozilla, but I know none who complained of spyware
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

What you have said is completely ridiculous. Mozilla does not contain one iota of spyware or adware. Mozilla does not allow you to install extensions (things that integrate with the browser) from any site not hosted on their own server. In addition, the complete source is available for anyone to inspect. I'm telling you this as a developer, and a Mozilla user for over two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the part about Mozilla being peer to peer software. Did you just make that up?! I would advise you not to repeat anything so blatantly untrue.

Please read:
    http://www.mozilla.org/about/

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will add my name to the "ROCKS" side of this one, haven't got the latest version but will probably do so real soon (dial-up makes it more of a decision)
    Tabbed browsing is a great feature, and like someone else (who must also have or have had dialup) mentioned, multiple "refresh" hits aren't needed to load a single page of pics, and with the tabs, only one "instance" of the program is running no matter how many tabs you open....

Can't comment on the mouse gestures, my mouse is a "classic" and doesn't seem to like mozilla too much....,

Oh, and on a fun note, you can get a plug-in that changes the name of the browser (at the top of the window) to silly new names, a buddy of mine loves this feature, someone here may as well
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My personal favorite extension is adblock. I hardly see any ads at all when browsing. This combined with the popup blocking makes for a very pleasant experience.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sheer variety of extensions is mind-numbing, I have only checked out a few, I have cookie culler (which is slick), I will have to look up adblock as well, thanks for the mention...

Oh by the way, I just noticed this thread calls the MS product "exploder" LOL how appropriate [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast