What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of internet exploder?

Mozilla is the best browser, internet explorer was just "standard", its about time people started to turn away from it. John, whatever happened to you wasn't because of mozilla, if you don't belive me, try hacking through yourself and good luck trying.

Sorry Spec but I have to jump on the "Firefox rocks" side. I live with a Computer Tech for one of the biggest computer tech support places in Alaska and my boyfriend is a Network Administrator for a local architectural firm and both reccomended Firefox whole-heartedly. Both places use the best spyware search programs available and have never ever had any problem with Mozilla.

Spec.. are you thinking about Kazaa? The peer to peer MP3 sharing program?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 26 2004,4:33)]Wish I'd had that way back when. It would have sved me a lot of headscratchin' trying to come up with random numbers and letters for passwords.
laugh.gif
Lol, I've been using the same password since '98 on my first computer.. no site has ever taken it though I had to change my username from Andalite to Slizarus in '01

hehe, and my pass is just a simple word, it's funny

Edit: Amateur, try using Safari.. the "standard" on the mac though IE is included as well.. ugh, I'd choose IE over Safari.. it's just a terrible browser

Sound like mac's futile attempt to accomplish what microsoft did when they made Internet Explorer. I give them their props for it though, even if it does suck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 27 2004,4:23)]Sound like mac's futile attempt to accomplish what microsoft did when they made Internet Explorer. I give them their props for it though, even if it does suck.
Well when macs excel(sp?) at most things, they're bound to fall behind in others, Windows corners the market on third party chips, etc.. and ofcourse gaming.. but after using photoshop and other nice programs on both.. I love my mac
smile.gif

I'll agree with you though, Safari was an attempt.. some people at my school did use it instead of IE.. but until I found Mozilla.. I avoided Safari all I could..

What's wrong with Safari? Just curious.

I just wish you could uninstall IE

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 27 2004,3:52)]I just wish you could uninstall IE
Yeah.. its literally impossible to do so. Microsoft made sure you couldn't by making your operating system synonymous with Internet Explorer.

Slizaurus:
I'm a PC guy all the way, just because everyone else is. 92% of all computers are Windows based, and its good to follow the pack when it comes to technology, unless you are making improvements on something already well established, or make something completely new and revolutionary, because thats what is most "popular", and will be the most competitive and improving operating system. Every other third party suppliers of peripherals, programs, and anything else is going to focus on it. I do enjoy the mac operating system, and maybe it will reign in the future, but for now unfortunately, windows rules over all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (trashcan @ Sep. 26 2004,3:32)]Spec,

What you have said is completely ridiculous. Mozilla does not contain one iota of spyware or adware. Mozilla does not allow you to install extensions (things that integrate with the browser) from any site not hosted on their own server. In addition, the complete source is available for anyone to inspect. I'm telling you this as a developer, and a Mozilla user for over two years.  

And the part about Mozilla being peer to peer software. Did you just make that up?! I would advise you not to repeat anything so blatantly untrue.

Please read:
http://www.mozilla.org/about/
Thats a crock... Mozilla (at the time i used it, MORE thn your 2 years of using it), it was ALL spyware... I know this personally from going through the DOWNLOAD files from mozilla, and found many many spyware programs. How much did mozilla pay you to say that?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mozilla does not allow you to install extensions (things that integrate with the browser) from any site not hosted on their own server.

Tell that to the hackers.

Hackers have found PLENTY of hooks into mozilla, and most other browsers. (including internet explorer). So, you were a developer for two years... There was nothing wrong with the origional mozilla, BUT it was completely currupted by hackers.

Oh, and i will repeat that. It is USED as peer to peer software. (it may not have been MADE for it, but it sure was USED for it!) People used it after napster bit the dust to share music files. mozilla was pretty small and unreconised until this.

Spec, you are thinking of Kazaa or something. Not Mozilla, which is just an internet browser. Mozilla is NOT used to transfer music files. You are confused.

And Mozilla is considerably more secure than IE. I've got a roomfull of professionals here who are paid not to be wrong about things like this.

Capslock

I think spec is confusing mozilla with something else... try downloading mozilla again, and if you find any spyware, i'll personally eat my words.

I am still partial to my Internet Exploder... what's wrong with a little exploding once and a while? Keeps life interesting!

Spec .. word to the wise.. before you argue about computer programs to computer program professionals.. think twice.

T

I have been using Mozilla 1.7.1 for several months and find it to be a great replacement for IE 5.5. I keep IE around because I occasionally find a Web page that is rendered correctly only in IE, but this is extremely rare.

Slizzarus,

Your right,  It's:

heh6.jpg

Read it on the homepage while trying to figure out why Firefox quit working after I designated it as my default browser. Maybe IE6 doesn't like the competition? Wild guess on my part based on the fact that IE works but for some reason Firefox can't seem to finish loading up. It worked perfectly before I designated it as the default browser. Hmmmm, maybe I should give Mozilla suite a shot
biggrin.gif
!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 28 2004,2:06)]I am still partial to my Internet Exploder... what's wrong with a little exploding once and a while?  Keeps life interesting!

Spec .. word to the wise.. before you argue about computer programs to computer program professionals.. think twice.

T
I'll take your advice and rest my case here. However, the fact that mozilla software has spyware is coming from my father, who, in fact, is a program professional, and has been for far longer than trashcan here. On the peer to peer part, perhaps i was mixing it up with kazza... But, i CAN say that SOME mozilla (and firefox, as i personally experienced) does indeed have spyware in it. Take it as you will, and we'll move on with life. If it gets my point across, I'll download firefox again and see how it is. perhaps it has cleaned up a bit, like weatherbug? (as opposed to wild tangent... inside joke there
laugh.gif
)

To the kid, Jan, who said i dont know much about computer programming: You are out of your mind and should mind your buisness, that statement is redicilous indeed. I know C++(getting there), Java, HTML, Visual basics (getting there), DOS, not to mention I HAVE written a few programs myself. This is coming from Spec. To say I do not know anything about computers is folly, and you should listen to the pop. I have made a computer of my own, FROM SCRATCH. I would like to know who you are and where you are coming from, telling me i am a moron when it comes to computers.

Also, does anyone remember that mozilla task schelduler? Anyone remember how horrible it was, how much spyware it had? Surely you all remember the horrible task schelduler?
confused.gif

Another thing i would like to point out is that moderators should never publicly humiliate people (which seems to happen to me and a few others, but no one else). They are supposed to PM their problem, correct? (talking to trashcan, not you tony
smile.gif
but unfortunately many other mods too) Not carry it out publicly, forcing that member to lash out, in self defence, and get in more trouble.
smile_o_32.gif

Thanks for saying that spec, also other non moderators, but i'll mention no names.

Spec,

I'm not trying to humiliate you. I am trying to correct you. You are still wrong, and I'm more than happy to move on. There is no such thing as a Mozilla Task Scheduler, there has never been spyware included in Mozilla, and that's really all there is to it.

The only reason I even posted, is because other people are reading this, considering using it. Your (incorrect) statements can scare off some potential users, which is a shame. That's also why it's posted here.

If you'd like to back up your statements, post some links to reputable sites claiming that Mozilla has spyware. If you can't find that, maybe you should consider that you are wrong. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But there is not even the slightest possibility that you are right, which is why you should be more careful about what you say.

Back