0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have mozilla, its a good program

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound like mac's futile attempt to accomplish what microsoft did when they made Internet Explorer. I give them their props for it though, even if it does suck.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 27 2004,4:23)]Sound like mac's futile attempt to accomplish what microsoft did when they made Internet Explorer. I give them their props for it though, even if it does suck.
    Well when macs excel(sp?) at most things, they're bound to fall behind in others, Windows corners the market on third party chips, etc.. and ofcourse gaming.. but after using photoshop and other nice programs on both.. I love my mac [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I'll agree with you though, Safari was an attempt.. some people at my school did use it instead of IE.. but until I found Mozilla.. I avoided Safari all I could..
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with Safari? Just curious.

I just wish you could uninstall IE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 27 2004,3:52)]I just wish you could uninstall IE
    Yeah.. its literally impossible to do so. Microsoft made sure you couldn't by making your operating system synonymous with Internet Explorer.

Slizaurus:
    I'm a PC guy all the way, just because everyone else is. 92% of all computers are Windows based, and its good to follow the pack when it comes to technology, unless you are making improvements on something already well established, or make something completely new and revolutionary, because thats what is most "popular", and will be the most competitive and improving operating system. Every other third party suppliers of peripherals, programs, and anything else is going to focus on it. I do enjoy the mac operating system, and maybe it will reign in the future, but for now unfortunately, windows rules over all.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (trashcan @ Sep. 26 2004,3:32)]Spec,

What you have said is completely ridiculous. Mozilla does not contain one iota of spyware or adware. Mozilla does not allow you to install extensions (things that integrate with the browser) from any site not hosted on their own server. In addition, the complete source is available for anyone to inspect. I'm telling you this as a developer, and a Mozilla user for over two years.

And the part about Mozilla being peer to peer software. Did you just make that up?! I would advise you not to repeat anything so blatantly untrue.

Please read:
    http://www.mozilla.org/about/
    Thats a crock... Mozilla (at the time i used it, MORE thn your 2 years of using it), it was ALL spyware... I know this personally from going through the DOWNLOAD files from mozilla, and found many many spyware programs. How much did mozilla pay you to say that? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]Mozilla does not allow you to install extensions (things that integrate with the browser) from any site not hosted on their own server.
    Tell that to the hackers.

Hackers have found PLENTY of hooks into mozilla, and most other browsers. (including internet explorer). So, you were a developer for two years... There was nothing wrong with the origional mozilla, BUT it was completely currupted by hackers.

Oh, and i will repeat that. It is USED as peer to peer software. (it may not have been MADE for it, but it sure was USED for it!) People used it after napster bit the dust to share music files. mozilla was pretty small and unreconised until this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec, you are thinking of Kazaa or something. Not Mozilla, which is just an internet browser. Mozilla is NOT used to transfer music files. You are confused.

And Mozilla is considerably more secure than IE. I've got a roomfull of professionals here who are paid not to be wrong about things like this.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast