Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tired of internet exploder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think spec is confusing mozilla with something else... try downloading mozilla again, and if you find any spyware, i'll personally eat my words.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still partial to my Internet Exploder... what's wrong with a little exploding once and a while? Keeps life interesting!

Spec .. word to the wise.. before you argue about computer programs to computer program professionals.. think twice.

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Mozilla 1.7.1 for several months and find it to be a great replacement for IE 5.5. I keep IE around because I occasionally find a Web page that is rendered correctly only in IE, but this is extremely rare.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slizzarus,

Your right, It's:

Read it on the homepage while trying to figure out why Firefox quit working after I designated it as my default browser. Maybe IE6 doesn't like the competition? Wild guess on my part based on the fact that IE works but for some reason Firefox can't seem to finish loading up. It worked perfectly before I designated it as the default browser. Hmmmm, maybe I should give Mozilla suite a shot [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]!
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Sep. 28 2004,2:06)]I am still partial to my Internet Exploder... what's wrong with a little exploding once and a while? Keeps life interesting!

Spec .. word to the wise.. before you argue about computer programs to computer program professionals.. think twice.

T
    I'll take your advice and rest my case here. However, the fact that mozilla software has spyware is coming from my father, who, in fact, is a program professional, and has been for far longer than trashcan here. On the peer to peer part, perhaps i was mixing it up with kazza... But, i CAN say that SOME mozilla (and firefox, as i personally experienced) does indeed have spyware in it. Take it as you will, and we'll move on with life. If it gets my point across, I'll download firefox again and see how it is. perhaps it has cleaned up a bit, like weatherbug? (as opposed to wild tangent... inside joke there [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] )

To the kid, Jan, who said i dont know much about computer programming: You are out of your mind and should mind your buisness, that statement is redicilous indeed. I know C++(getting there), Java, HTML, Visual basics (getting there), DOS, not to mention I HAVE written a few programs myself. This is coming from Spec. To say I do not know anything about computers is folly, and you should listen to the pop. I have made a computer of my own, FROM SCRATCH. I would like to know who you are and where you are coming from, telling me i am a moron when it comes to computers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, does anyone remember that mozilla task schelduler? Anyone remember how horrible it was, how much spyware it had? Surely you all remember the horrible task schelduler? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Another thing i would like to point out is that moderators should never publicly humiliate people (which seems to happen to me and a few others, but no one else). They are supposed to PM their problem, correct? (talking to trashcan, not you tony [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] but unfortunately many other mods too) Not carry it out publicly, forcing that member to lash out, in self defence, and get in more trouble. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for saying that spec, also other non moderators, but i'll mention no names.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

I'm not trying to humiliate you. I am trying to correct you. You are still wrong, and I'm more than happy to move on. There is no such thing as a Mozilla Task Scheduler, there has never been spyware included in Mozilla, and that's really all there is to it.

The only reason I even posted, is because other people are reading this, considering using it. Your (incorrect) statements can scare off some potential users, which is a shame. That's also why it's posted here.

If you'd like to back up your statements, post some links to reputable sites claiming that Mozilla has spyware. If you can't find that, maybe you should consider that you are wrong. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But there is not even the slightest possibility that you are right, which is why you should be more careful about what you say.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast