What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of internet exploder?

im Ok with internet explorer

I haven't noticed the moderators humiliating anyone in this thread. But I do agree that sometimes a few Mods get a little carried away. In fact one Mod posted in one of my threads very recently and the post was "questionable" enough that I've had several Terraforums users E-mail me about it. All were expressing their confusion as to why it was posted in the thread and not "kept to PM's" as the Mod's recomend for "personal issues" (vendetta?). Do the Mod's ever get in trouble for overstepping their bounds? Or do they just pretty much have free reign to do as the please to anyone?

A far as Firefox goes my boyfriend (the Network Administrator) has been using Mozilla since 98 and has never ever found any spyware in it. You may have built a computer Spec, (so have I) but many people here have gone to Universities for many years to study this stuff, have had careers in computers for years, and much more experience. Is it too much to consider the option that you could be wrong?
Have you at least looked at the web page and read the version history, etc to be sure you're thinking about the right program? It still sounds like you're thinking Kazaa to me..
Your arguments just don't make any sense. It's like everyone else is discussing Drosera and you're thinking Pings ;)

http://www.mozilla.org/

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 27 2004,1:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bonnie @ Sep. 27 2004,3:52)]I just wish you could uninstall IE
Yeah.. its literally impossible to do so. Microsoft made sure you couldn't by making your operating system synonymous with Internet Explorer.

Slizaurus:
I'm a PC guy all the way, just because everyone else is. 92% of all computers are Windows based, and its good to follow the pack when it comes to technology, unless you are making improvements on something already well established, or make something completely new and revolutionary, because thats what is most "popular", and will be the most competitive and improving operating system. Every other third party suppliers of peripherals, programs, and anything else is going to focus on it. I do enjoy the mac operating system, and maybe it will reign in the future, but for now unfortunately, windows rules over all.
Very true, I still use Windows.. I do enjoy it.. the amount you can upgrade it.. customize it.. and ofcourse for gaming.. I just switched over to the mac.. at my highschool we were offered Ibooks, I detested it at first, but eh.. I got used to it.. Game developers are coming around and hopefully will produce more games for the mac, and I know there are a number of video cards (My primary concern) are becoming available to mac users.. though darn laptops you can't switch that out..

Yah, hopefully Macs will reign in the future if they continue to get support from other companies.

A question though, is it possible to remove IE on the Mac? Any idea? I still have to use it in some cases but It'd be fun to know I "could" get rid of it.

After looking it over and researching mozilla, I think that I may have mixed it up with a company under Microsoft, that also ends with "Zilla"... They have a task scheduler program, monster something, and its nasty for virus's and spyware. Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please post... I'd like to find out the true name of it
smile_m_32.gif
I also apologise for the misunderstandings and all the arguments... Jan W's statement still un-nerves me though
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 28 2004,1:35)]Jan W's statement still un-nerves me though
confused.gif
Hi John,

remember that you are juged by other members only by the posts you're making here. - From what you wrote here the conclusion Jan drew was quite logical.

In your first post you did write after using Firefox you had lots of spyware on your computer. And now you state you mixed up Mozilla with another similar pronounced program - so why did you tell us you were using Firefox, which has a totally different name not easily mixed up...

Cheers Joachim

to seriously tell you the truth, i believe the company has a program (or part of the task schelduler) with "fox" in it... if someone could refresh my memory of the "...zilla" company i could show you
smile.gif

A ha! I think I've found the source of confusion. I believe you were thinking of GoZilla:
Their website
This seems a lot like what you're talking about, plus it sounds like Mozilla.

Capslock

Yay Capslock! That does sound like the name could be confused with Mozilla..
So Spec hasn't lost it =) .. well.. completely
smile_m_32.gif

Internet Explorer can easily be removed from a Mac. You just uninstall it, or move it to the trash and delete it. I haven't used IE on the Mac for some time now. I mainly use iCab, Mozilla, and Safari. I am trying out Firefox, but find its still a bit unstable.

And just in case I wasn't clear, you can remove IE from a Macintosh without a problem. Just run the installer to remove the program or delete it. Keep in mind that it usually leaves the user profiles and bookmarks from what I have seen. However, those can be removed manually if needed.

One thing about IE for Mac. They are no longer going to release any new versions. The reason for this is that Apple has their own browser and Mozilla and iCab are proving the be a better solution. One of Microsoft's biggest reasons for no longer releasing any new upgrades for the Mac is Safari, they just don't have the access to OS X to make a better browser.

Pesonally, I believe they released IE for free to kill off Netscape and other browser makers and to get their non standard markups in the mainstream. Once they dominated, they would simply kill off their browser or start charging for it. I have also read that IE for Windows will be discontinued.

PS. on Mac OS X, IE is installed by simply copying the program to the hard drive and running it. I will have to see if there is actually an uninstaller for IE for OS X. I just deleted the application and related files to remove it.

I'm curious, Icab?
Another browser?
I'm happy with mozilla, but anything new is fun to check out.. you got a website?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 28 2004,11:32)]A ha! I think I've found the source of confusion. I believe you were thinking of GoZilla:
Their website
This seems a lot like what you're talking about, plus it sounds like Mozilla.

Capslock
Thats the one Max!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ Sep. 28 2004,2:12)]Hi John,

remember that you are juged by other members only by the posts you're making here. - From what you wrote here the conclusion Jan drew was quite logical.

In your first post you did write after using Firefox you had lots of  spyware on your computer. And now you state you mixed up Mozilla with another similar pronounced program - so why did you tell us you were using Firefox, which has a totally different name not easily mixed up...

Cheers Joachim

Hi Joachim,

thanks for clearing that.

Jan

Back